Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2004, 10:23 (Ref:1169646)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
I've certainly never seen his commentary either.
Certainly not.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1169926)   #27
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Allen's popularity has reached such, er, 'heights' that in the latest itv-f1.com 'Ask the Team' feature, they had to resort to recruiting a relative of Mr Allen's to ask the opening question!

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...am&PO_ID=31508

And yes, I also have a new signature...
Old 2 Dec 2004, 17:00 (Ref:1169982)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Interesting that another questioner thanks him for his "excellent season of commentary with Martin Brundle" Did they only do F1 commentary? Is the questioner another one of Allens relatives? Are we all on the same planet?
Old 2 Dec 2004, 17:06 (Ref:1169985)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great sig martyn!

This is like a really bad virus!
Old 2 Dec 2004, 17:36 (Ref:1170021)   #30
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That generator is great!

"And Takuma Sato shows everyone just how to pull up trees with the full banana."

Old 2 Dec 2004, 17:52 (Ref:1170064)   #31
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see that since visiting the sites 90% of the members have James Allen signatures.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1170067)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It shows the affection we hold him in.

I've just started to watch the 2004 Oz GP (don't ask) and the ferocity in his voice at the start is absolutely terrifying.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 18:20 (Ref:1170092)   #33
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
and the ferocity in his voice at the start is absolutely terrifying.
certainly is!
Old 2 Dec 2004, 18:35 (Ref:1170099)   #34
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure is, he is just far to loud.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 18:39 (Ref:1170104)   #35
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone remmeber Jonathon Pearce, Channel 5's very exciteable football commentator?
Old 2 Dec 2004, 19:03 (Ref:1170118)   #36
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and i join the James Allen quotes sig club...
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1170182)   #37
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
am I the only one with Martin Brundle one then
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1170205)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Remember this Brundle quote? From sometime in 2002 I think.....Indy?

Martin: "Now what's all this I heard you saying about lady drivers?"

Coulthard: "I was very very most definitely misquoted on that because I'm a big fan of lady drivers and I think there should be more in Formula 1, personally."

Martin: "Yeah, I think all the mechanics would be fighting over doing the seatbelts up, wouldn't they?"

Gotta love martin, although his Silverstone commentary of 1746 was disastrous.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1170212)   #39
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Martin is a great bloke, him and Murray made F1 Sub zer0. (TV wise).
Old 4 Dec 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1170731)   #40
Ned
Rookie

Ned should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try this little Gem!

http://members.tripod.com/~vidcad/quotes02.htm

Martin at his best in 2002!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 11:28 (Ref:1171207)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have subscribed to this thread and on the bottom of my Control panel the title is cut short, it reads
Quote:
James Allen: a vast poo...
Old 5 Dec 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1171213)   #42
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Same here it did it automaticurly for me.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1173379)   #43
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Brian Barwick gone this could be our best hope for change at ITV - let's all email them reminding them of our preference for Ben Edwards (please write it nicely, with none of the personal attacks or insults you find on some petitions on this subject - James Allen's a naff motorsport commentator, not a kiddie-fiddler) and who knows what we'll hear at Melbourne 2005.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1173564)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Yes,just the thought of having to listen to James Allen in the early hours of that first Sunday morning in March is enough to make you want to go round to his house and..........
Old 7 Dec 2004, 17:37 (Ref:1173634)   #45
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Yes,just the thought of having to listen to James Allen in the early hours of that first Sunday morning in March is enough to make you want to go round to his house and..........
I feel the same, at least Murray got us into it, unlike James whom makes me want to go back to bed.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1173724)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

thing with James, give him an exciting race to commentate on and he is slightly bearable.

Give him a 2002 or half of 2004 and then things fall apart in quite dramatic fashion.

So maybe we should lobby for exciting racing?

Or maybe just get B** E*****'s in.........oops, I've gone round in a circle again.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 12:11 (Ref:1174273)   #47
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
thing with James, give him an exciting race to commentate on and he is slightly bearable.
Dunno about that, this season at Germany (I think) when there were about 5 laps of constant overtaking moves, then Coulthard got a puncture and Allen screamed 'TREMENDOUSLY EXCITING' in a demented fashion (er, like we hadn't noticed?) and seemingly lost the ability to speak coherently for a bit. Also in the more exciting moments of otherwise mundane races he often makes errors, like Monza 2003 when he thought Montoya had passed Schumacher in the pits despite the fact it was Marc Gene leading...

Or maybe im just nitpicking

Last edited by Ryo28; 8 Dec 2004 at 12:12.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 18:38 (Ref:1174564)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Maybe he seems less noticeable when the race is exciting then?

Maybe we listen to him more when the race is dull.

It is unfortunate that Hungary clashed with the pairing of James Allen and mark Blundell then.....
Old 8 Dec 2004, 18:43 (Ref:1174567)   #49
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
.It is unfortunate that Hungary clashed with the pairing of James Allen and mark Blundell then.....
A shame that Mark Blundell doesn't take James' role. I've always liked him.
But James and Mark are very tiring to listern to, it didn't help with the entertainment either. .
Old 8 Dec 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1174570)   #50
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That is quite a contradictory statement luke.