Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Dec 2004, 18:20 (Ref:1169193)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
James Allen: a vast pool of knowledge and quotes

Take a look at some of these quotes and remind yourself of why James Allen is britains best loved motorsports commentator! Also relive some classic Blundell and Kravitz moments.

http://www.planet-f1.com/features/of...ry_17919.shtml

Or try the James Allen simulator!

http://www.dotdotdotcomma.com/motors.../simulator.php

And finally the old favourite, the phrase book:

http://www.dotdotdotcomma.com/motors...phrasebook.php

This thread is my tribute to one of britains greats.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 1 Dec 2004 at 18:24.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 18:38 (Ref:1169211)   #2
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic knowlesy simply a classic !!! nice 1 man
Old 1 Dec 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1169237)   #3
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Allen is really Carcoat Damphands!!
For those in the know!
Old 1 Dec 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1169253)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Martin: "James i was listening to something else!!" that was brilliant!
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1169298)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rest of world: "I wish I blummin' was"
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1169304)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Preferably Ben Edwards...."
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:20 (Ref:1169310)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
Martin: "James i was listening to something else!!" that was brilliant!
Certainly was.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1169312)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
We should start a "Lets get Ben Edwards in and James Allen out" campaign.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1169314)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

KB posted a rumour last week regarding Ben Edwards POSSIBLY replacing James Allen due to a change in leadership at ITV.

Let us pray......

*kneels, puts hands together and murmurs gibberish*
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1169320)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
KB posted a rumour last week regarding Ben Edwards POSSIBLY replacing James Allen due to a change in leadership at ITV.

Let us pray......

*kneels, puts hands together and murmurs gibberish*
Certainly did.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1169327)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

So what's all this "git orf me barra'" malarkey with Mark Blundell then?
Old 1 Dec 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1169334)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
So what's all this "git orf me barra'" malarkey with Mark Blundell then?
It's caws he caint tawk like wot we can.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:00 (Ref:1169336)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, the basic situation is that Head of ITV Sport Brian Barwick (a big James Allen supporter, apparently) is off to be Chief Executive of the FA.

Others in ITV are said to prefer Ben Edwards.

Time will tell.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1169338)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Best news of the off season?

Quite possibly!

When does Barwick officially leave?
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1169349)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Yes, the basic situation is that Head of ITV Sport Brian Barwick (a big James Allen supporter, apparently) is off to be Chief Executive of the FA.

Time will tell.
That'll be everybody except Barwick then
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1169350)   #16
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Doesn't everyone?
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:22 (Ref:1169363)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Perhaps Barwick could get Allen a job with him because he's good at FA too!
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1169368)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1169374)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of his quotes were that bad I just had to re-do my signature.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1169383)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
One of his quotes were that bad I just had to re-do my signature.
It seems to be catching.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1169390)   #21
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, go on then!
Old 1 Dec 2004, 23:11 (Ref:1169437)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems like everyone has their race face on then.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 23:32 (Ref:1169450)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Raikkonen really doesn't want to big up the hurrah on this lap."

That comes from the Simulator - possibly the naffest of all.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 00:04 (Ref:1169456)   #24
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look can you just shut the up saying "Certaintly!"

While i'm happy i've never seen his commentary it irrates me just reading the quotes.

The maximum banannas one was great too.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 06:43 (Ref:1169516)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by dcp2685
While i'm happy i've never seen his commentary it irrates me just reading the quotes.
I've certainly never seen his commentary either.