Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Aug 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1684431)   #26
Rex Judicata
Veteran

United States
Melbourne and Fort Lauderdale
Rex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoutsider
Thinks it may be Mansour who wants a return on his investment and who is pushing Ron to cash in.
You could be right. It's a submarine race at this time, and even when Mercedes exercises it's option to buy the rest of McLaren, we may never know the motives of Ojjej or Ron. The motive of the buyer may be more clear, although the F1 unit may not be the sole reason - or even the reason.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1684455)   #27
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoutsider
Thinks

it may be Mansour who wants a return on his investment and who is pushing Ron to cash in.
Saudi investors are now flooded with funds coming back from USA and Europe, so I dont think they should be in the hurry to cash out in any investments which are targets for takeover, especially from companies like DaimlerChrysler, unless they foresee the Merc might abandon the ship to take over smaller team.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1684628)   #28
Rex Judicata
Veteran

United States
Rex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback
Saudi investors are now flooded with funds coming back from USA and Europe, so I dont think they should be in the hurry to cash out in any investments which are targets for takeover, especially from companies like DaimlerChrysler, unless they foresee the Merc might abandon the ship to take over smaller team.
I also wonder how investors view such investments now that we are in a war, with many experts arguing that we are in World War III, and have been for some time.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1685201)   #29
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think I can go along with those that regard this as sad and part of F1 becoming ever more corporate. Just about the most corporate team down the pit lane is McLaren. They virtually set the standards for the huge all-encompassing way of going about business that characterises modern F1and are many years down the line from the privateer team that many mourn the loss of. Ron has spoken about retirement before now, so I do expect we'll see him go - and full absorbtion by Mercedes seems a logical adjunct to that situation.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 00:12 (Ref:1685601)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is a fact.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1685770)   #31
Rex Judicata
Veteran

United States
Agreed.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1687633)   #32
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, IMO they ceased being a truely privateer team in the 80's. They had a brief relapse in 93-94, before Mercedies money.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1688359)   #33
Rex Judicata
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Yes, IMO they ceased being a truely privateer team in the 80's. They had a brief relapse in 93-94, before Mercedies money.
Another 10-ring! McLaren is being integrated into the corporate giant of Daimler-Chrysler. Perhaps more significant than the McLaren-Mercedes F1 project is the McLaren-Mercedes SLR. McLaren will allow Mercedes to outsource special project without having to go outside the company and risk industrial spies finding out what they are doing. In the future, after Ron retires in comfort, I suspect McLaren will be another brand, just like Maybach.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1692804)   #34
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Ron has been laying the groundwork for his retirement here in Colorado for several years now. Wish I could tell you more, but I don't need to divulge his personal business.
I dont care about his personal business, all I care about is McLaren winning races or being in contention to win races, and following that, championships.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1692852)   #35
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Judicata
In the future, after Ron retires in comfort, I suspect McLaren will be another brand, just like Maybach.
I suspect that will be the not too distant future for McLaren, which to be honest isn't that far away from the current state of affairs, given the recent forays into McLaren Mercedes roadcars. I'd imagine that probably the only visible change would be that the figurehead of the team will be an individual selected by Mercedes.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1693185)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001
I dont care about his personal business, all I care about is McLaren winning races or being in contention to win races, and following that, championships.
Perhaps you don't care, but it was relevant.