Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Feb 2004, 12:30 (Ref:881818)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New Mclaren Mercedes Supercar

http://www.scale18.com/cgi-bin/msg?f...tin&msg=143129

What do you think?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 13:10 (Ref:881834)   #2
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that's just an artist's impression because it's not pretty. The styling is more people-carrier than supercar; can you imagine Renault coming up with something so bland?

And that mock F1 front wing shape... why does a 2004/5/6 road car have to reference a 1990(I think) Tyrrell? (nothing against Tyrrells btw, amongst my fave F1 cars)

Last edited by Osella; 22 Feb 2004 at 13:14.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 13:19 (Ref:881838)   #3
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Have to agree, its a bit bland. I also take issue with the literal F1 wing. The McLaren built SLR has the same thing going on. I personally think it looks silly. Its more subtle on the SLR but still a literal representation of the front end of a F1 car. Why on earth?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 13:37 (Ref:881842)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Not very attractive IMHO... a little bit too "theorical"... what's the purpose of such a project ?

Mercedes still needs a real GT-Sportscar.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 14:03 (Ref:881855)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ugly b****r isn't it......

Bring back the F1, that's what I say..... the beauty and the beast comes to mind.....
Old 22 Feb 2004, 15:35 (Ref:881907)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it, actually.
Attached Thumbnails
mercedes mclaren.front.little.jpg  
Old 22 Feb 2004, 15:50 (Ref:881912)   #7
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the slr is very nice. id take one over the enzo

shouldnt the new car be awd to help deal with the gallrado?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 15:51 (Ref:881913)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the SLR is rather good, in a similar vein if not as 'cool' as the Panoz batmobile GTR.
the proposed superccar in the link seems like speculation in an currently typical supercar VAG form.
note the current flavors Buagtti/AudiLM/LambroghiniGallardo/Murcielgo egg shaped

um-VAG there is only so much you can do with a body shape? their seems to be plenty of vriation, mercedes won't be VAG egg shpaed, more along the Chrysler412ME supercar concept from this years autoshows-
Old 22 Feb 2004, 15:57 (Ref:881915)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I like it, actually.
Which one ? The one on your picture, or the project in FIRE's message ?

The car on your photo is really great, it's an SLR, isn't it ?

Last edited by Fab; 22 Feb 2004 at 15:58.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 16:32 (Ref:881940)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I prefer to start producing the McLaren F1 (this time with a AMG engine) again.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 17:37 (Ref:881970)   #11
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The capacity and the shape of the car conflicts our usual views of GT. However, it look efficient in aerodynamic.
The SLR looks nicer of course.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 17:38 (Ref:881971)   #12
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks a heck of alot beter then the SLR... The SLR is the ugliest Merc ever built in my opinion.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 17:42 (Ref:881976)   #13
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its the front that makes me dis-like it. Wide but short and then it just drops to a flat surface from very high up, personally I wouldn't like to see that on the track.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 22 Feb 2004, 17:44 (Ref:881977)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
The capacity and the shape of the car conflicts our usual views of GT. However, it look efficient in aerodynamic.
The SLR looks nicer of course.
It's more a car like the Audi Le Mans Quattro or Audi Nuvolari .
Old 22 Feb 2004, 17:51 (Ref:881986)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
It's more a car like the Audi Le Mans Quattro or Audi Nuvolari .

Jeez FIRE, pop-up hell on that first link........
Old 22 Feb 2004, 18:01 (Ref:881993)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Jeez FIRE, pop-up hell on that first link........
:confused:

I get no pop-ups. ()
Old 22 Feb 2004, 18:06 (Ref:881997)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
All over the place. You must be running a pop-up stopper......
Old 22 Feb 2004, 21:22 (Ref:882151)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the SLR. But that other car looks like a "hoplessly fast Cadillac," or like it would driving your sofa. I'd rather have a Tureg.

The SLR nose reminds me of a 1950s era Dodge or Chrysler, but I can't remember which. :confused:
Old 22 Feb 2004, 21:25 (Ref:882155)   #19
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am I right in thinking that a couple of months ago there where some pictures in Autosport off David Coulthard testing a racing version of the car.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 21:32 (Ref:882164)   #20
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, the SLR. It is going to race, either as a one make car or in GTS.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 21:52 (Ref:882182)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes just found some information about it on DSC.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 09:11 (Ref:882549)   #22
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont like that, i think they should rework the CLK-GTR for competition, racing against the elise GT1, bring back the 911 GT1 and its all gravy!