Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1061296)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Strange, I hadn't noticed
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1061366)   #27
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by naughtymutt
The people that think F1 is boring are the people who think that Football is exciting.
F1 is boring (for now), and I prefer ice-hockey.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:16 (Ref:1061370)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Strange, I hadn't noticed

LOL.....

I don't hate it at all. I just don't find it particularly entertaining to watch anymore.....

But as Adam already knows, I'm a sad old bugger.......
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1061375)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least you know what a GT car is
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1061376)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too bloody right!
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1061383)   #31
Jez
Rookie

England
Leicester, England
Jez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 is boring, but not as boring as football. Speed sunday should cover all aspects and all views - the guy is entitled to his opinion. Give me Aussie V8s, BTCC or DTM any day over F1.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:28 (Ref:1061385)   #32
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I ust to adore f1, I followed every race. In the late 90s to early 00s f1 was great. I ust to be a to be a very big Schumacher fan. It was great seeing Michael battle for his 3rd tittle in 2000. I ust to get really excitied before a race. It was great seeing MS battle with MH. But now I couldn't care less with F1 after 02 it rwally anoed me. 03 I went back to it because it was exciting again but 04 distroyed my passion. Its a farce how MS hasn't had a mechanical faliure for over 3 years. and how he can nearly have a 100% win record. I only follow it now if I'm not doing my homework because of Button.
As for speed sunday its just another motorsports program.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1061401)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Can you let me have some of your homework to do while the next GP is on - just in case.......
Old 9 Aug 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1061415)   #34
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
year shore but its the holidays in stead try taking up watching paint drying its far more exciting.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1061424)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just because the same driver wins a lot doesn't mean it's not exciting.

Watch the races!
Old 9 Aug 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1061471)   #36
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing Schumi's girlish face on the highest podium over and over again makes me a dull boy.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 10 Aug 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1061816)   #37
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
Seeing Schumi's girlish face on the highest podium over and over again makes me a dull boy.
Shumi doesn't look girlish!!
More like a polished potato

And to the original thread starter...
Bagging people that call f1 boring?Nothing better to do?
LOL-I guess if the races were more interesting you wouldn't have so much time on your hands to trow insults at others
Old 10 Aug 2004, 07:54 (Ref:1061843)   #38
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I like the potato bit, obviously a red one..
Old 10 Aug 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1061859)   #39
spa-eau rouge
Racer

spa-eau rouge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
f1 is far from being boring ,the tech side and driving tecniques really interest me, and schuey [m] is just simply the best along with his car and team..
Old 10 Aug 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1061879)   #40
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
As far as I'm concerned 'If you dont like it then'.

I for one an sick and tired of all the crybabies complaining about every little thing. So F1 is'nt perfect, what is?

Unfortunatley (or fortunatley depending on your point of view) we are in an era dominated by one man and one team. Although a Michael fan, that does'nt stop me watching my other fav's in the field, and the racing has been pretty good (especially last season).

Added to this the corporate side has become a bigger influence on F1. This is regretable but I find it odd the sooks that complain the most are'nt willing to through there own money at the cars. They are the first to complain at the cost of a Ferrari T-shirt, ticket prices or the number of commercials during coverage. How do they think this little show get paid for?

Is F1 perfect? Of course not.

Could the powers that be imporve it? No doubt?

But coming to a formula 1 website to complain about how much you dont like it it pathetic. Everytime I read these comments I usually pitty the person, as this is most likely a symptom of bigger problems in their lives.

Constructive critism is not only fair, but encouraged. It is the only way our sport will improve. But those that are just here to whine about who's winning, why there is'nt any overtaking, or why their favorite driver is'nt here anymore, get a life.

And for those that remember the good old days, why is it I dont see many of you posting in the historics forum?

Anyway rant over, but it does peeve me off that its become PC to ***** about F1, where as we had the opposite problem in the Cart/IRL forums.

Parting comment to the critics - Build a bridge and get over it!
Old 10 Aug 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1061886)   #41
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Agreed,F1 is like test Cricket on wheels.Pure excitememnt.

If you don't like it theres always a gardening programme on the other channels.

Harden up and enjoy MS while he's still racing.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1062034)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I'll enjoy MS when he's finished...... I've seen enough already........ (notwithstanding Wrex's rant....... )

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Aug 2004 at 11:45.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1062114)   #43
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Hardly truly democratic though, is it?
well no not really but still the majority get what they want , but im not saying its a good thing or bad thing ............
Old 10 Aug 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1062169)   #44
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
As far as I'm concerned 'If you dont like it then'.

I for one an sick and tired of all the crybabies complaining about every little thing. So F1 is'nt perfect, what is?
Agreed.

I am also sick of everyone taking it out on Ferrari and MS for just doing the best they can. Blame the other teams and drivers for not putting up a fight! Sure, some are closing the gap now, but have they been hibernating past winter?

I'd say go and watch F1 and the living legend MS, so you can tell your grandkids you saw the best driver ever do his thing. I for one hope MS will continue for a few years, beating Senna's 65 poles, getting 100+ wins and an 8th or even 9th championship. No wait, lets go for even numbers... 10 championships!

I'll still be watching every race!
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:08 (Ref:1062191)   #45
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to the forum!

Fantastic first post there, Kevin! I wholeheartedly agree with you, but I wouldn't expect that agreement to be universal!
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1062194)   #46
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
He's alright Garcon, he has you and I on his side

Welcome Kevin
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1062195)   #47
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree too hearye hearye (sp?) fantastic post
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:16 (Ref:1062199)   #48
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with the first part - but I hope we get other teams up to speed next year and he doesn't get more titles!
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1062215)   #49
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the welcome!

I wish I had found this forum a few years earlier.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1062216)   #50
Kicking-back
Veteran

Welcome.

Well, you've found it now and hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as us.