Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Jan 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2108660)   #26
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For the 2008 Champ Car Atlantic Championship, James Hinchcliffe will be teamed with Mexican rising star David Garza as part of a two-car Atlantic entry for Forsythe Championship Racing.
Full article at champcaratlantic.com. And I suppose a brand new livery to look forward to this year from Forsythe, sans the Red Bull sponsorship. Good for both these guys including David Garza; he was fun to watch last year.

Still nothing out there on Morad? Seems a bit unusual for Eurointernational to enter Champcar Atlantics with just the one car.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2108901)   #27
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last time I had a chat with DM, he said he's trying to land run with Euro in Atlantics, so we'll see I suppose
Old 22 Jan 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2111203)   #28
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu
Finnish driver Markus Niemelä also participated in testing. He drove few races in GP2 Series this year for BCN.
There you go Bleu, from champcaratlantic.com: Markus Niemelä and Filip Salaquarda will contest the 2008 Atlantic season with Brooks Associates Racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Last time I had a chat with DM, he said he's trying to land run with Euro in Atlantics, so we'll see I suppose.
All the scuttlebutt swirling around CCWS this year, no telling what the future holds for Atlantics, after 35 years no less. Atlantics, its successors and assigns? But several teams have announced their lineups - could do a list I suppose - so, wait and see it is Boro. Need to keep Daniel Morad on the ladder somewhere; here, Europe, wherever. :Argh:
Old 22 Jan 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2111210)   #29
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many more seats are open?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 13:55 (Ref:2111241)   #30
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Looks like about half the field or thereabouts NADR, although I've probably missed some and/or have an extra team or two there from last year.
  • Brooks Associates Racing - Markus Niemelä FIN, Filip Salaquarda CZE
  • Eurointernational - Edoardo Piscopo ITA,
  • Forsythe Championship Racing - David Garza MEX, James Hinchcliffe CAN
  • PR1 Motorsports - Mike Forest CAN,
  • Sierra Sierra Motorsports - Dane Cameron USA, Jonathan Bomarito USA
  • US RaceTronics - Carl Skerlong USA, Frankie Muniz USA
  • Walker Racing - Greg Mansell GBR, Leo Mansell GBR, Kevin Lacroix CAN
  • Condor Motorsports -
  • Conquest Racing -
  • Genoa Racing -
  • Jensen Motorsport -
  • Mathiasen Motorsports -
  • Newman/Wachs -
  • Paladin Motorsports -
  • Polestar Racing -
  • The Room Store -
Old 23 Jan 2008, 03:13 (Ref:2111714)   #31
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Thanks for the update.

So there is still plenty of seats open.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 06:03 (Ref:2111739)   #32
Albeckinho
Racer

Albeckinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juho Annala is 99,9% sure for Conquest.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2111892)   #33
ems
Rookie

ems should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Edwards to test with Newman Wachs Feb 5 or 6
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2113438)   #34
Allan Craighead
Rookie

Canada
Cambridge, Canada
Allan Craighead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi gang,

Just a heads up, it appears as though PR1 will likely not be running in the series this year. The California based team is scheduled to run a GT car in the Grand-Am Rolex Series, with Mike Forest and F2000 champion Patrick Barrett sharing the driving duties.

Cheers,

Al.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2117968)   #35
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Italiaracing.net, Morad is in at Eurointernational.

US Racetronics will now officialy be PCM's Junior Team, the team is rebranded to Pacific Coast Motorsports. Carl Skerlong and Frankie Muniz are (as expected) the drivers.
Old 1 Feb 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2118381)   #36
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
According to Italiaracing.net, Morad is in at Eurointernational.
That's great news Daisy, thanks. Hopefully there's a full calendar for these (Atlantics) guys next year. Not sure who stepped-up on Daniel's behalf sponsorship-wise but thanks at least to Eurointernational for its part. That'll keep Piscopo honest next year.

Quote:
Eurointernational will field a second car in the 2008 Champ Car Atlantic: alongside longtime-committed Edoardo Piscopo, the team signed 17-year-old Daniel Morad, winner of the 2007 Formula BMW USA honours. Morad, who's currently the youngest driver of the series' roster, will have the chance to test the car during the official tests planned at Sebring for the next week.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2121085)   #37
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morad confirmed at Eurointernational

http://www.champcarworld.net/pages/n...ff1b58adf6dc4f
Old 5 Feb 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2121622)   #38
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, 10-4 Ice, thanks. Pleased to hear it and I wouldn't put anything past Morad this year, rookie or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeckinho
Juho Annala is 99,9% sure for Conquest.
Link to his bio (hopefully in englais) if anyone else was interested. Any update on that Al, is he in Sebring this week that you know of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems
John Edwards to test with Newman Wachs Feb 5 or 6.
Hey Ems. Good for John, he deserves another go.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 15:49 (Ref:2121714)   #39
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Out of everyone, I hope David Garza does well!
Old 5 Feb 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2121848)   #40
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrien Herberts racing for Paladin again

http://www.whowon.com/sResults.asp?S...StoryID=239082
Old 5 Feb 2008, 23:41 (Ref:2122054)   #41
Boro
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
That's great news Daisy, thanks. Hopefully there's a full calendar for these (Atlantics) guys next year. Not sure who stepped-up on Daniel's behalf sponsorship-wise but thanks at least to Eurointernational for its part. That'll keep Piscopo honest next year.

subsidised for sure.

That's why he's driving coaching
Old 6 Feb 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2122466)   #42
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, 10-4 Boro, not that there's anything wrong with that IMO. It'd be great to see Sean McIntosh back behind the wheel. Why not Atlantics or IPS even, at least he'd still be racing. Or is it just too late and I'm dreaming...confounded KTR.

Edit: Is Brian Stewart still running a team in IPS as an example?

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 6 Feb 2008 at 14:07.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2122569)   #43
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

When Brian was at Mosport in Sept. he said he would have his team in IPS. The Ont. FF champ was to get a test.
Old 7 Feb 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2123282)   #44
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, no doubt Leighton, good to hear.

Combined times from Sebring tests, for what they're worth. Summerton, Macrow, and Dillon Battistini on the list (Battistini on Day 1 anyway. Day 1 combined times if anyone wanted them). Mike Forest and PR1 still testing...are they in or out? Top rookie Markus Niemela.
Quote:
Final combined times from the Sebring open test:

1. James Hinchcliffe, #3 Forsythe Championship Racing, 57.366 sec.
2. David Garza, #7 Forsythe Championship Racing, 57.413 sec.,
3. Jonathan Bomarito, #6 Sierra Sierra Enterprises, 57.542 sec.,
4. J.R. Hildebrand, #17 Genoa Racing, 57.712 sec.
5. Markus Niemela (R), #8 Brooks Associates Racing,
6. Simona De Silvestro, #34 Newman Wachs Racing, 57.948 sec.,
7. Jonathan Summerton (R), #36X Newman Wachs Racing, 57.971 sec.,
8. Kevin Lacroix, #25 Walker Racing, 58.004 sec.
9. Daniel Morad (R), #70 Eurointernational, 58.013 sec.
10. Sebastien Chardonnet (R), #18 Conquest Racing, 58.062 sec.
11. Carl Skerlong, #28 Pacific Coast Motorsports, 58.116 sec.
12. Alan Sciuto, #26 Mathiasen Motorsports, 58.167 sec.
13. Dane Cameron (R), #9 Sierra Sierra Enterprises, 58.273 sec.
14. Greg Mansell (R), #5 Walker Racing, 58.303 sec., 103.055 mph
15. Juho Annala (R), #21 Conquest Racing, 58.446 sec.
16. Mike Forest, #32 PR1 Motorsports, 58.540 sec.
17. Adrian Herberts, #45 Paladin Motorsports, 58.594 sec.
18. Frankie Muniz,#29 Pacific Coast Motorsports, 58.711 sec.
19. Filip Salaquarda (R), #10 Brooks Associates Racing, 58.714 sec.,
20. John Edwards, #36 Newman Wachs Racing, 58.787 sec.
21. Leo Mansell (R), #15 Walker Racing, 58.881 sec.
22. Tim Macrow (R), #2X Jensen MotorSport, 58.924 sec.
23. Larry Connor (R), #27 Genoa Racing, 59.042 sec.
24. Brett Van Blankers (R), #13 Jensen MotorSport, 59.047 sec.
25. Imran Husain, #37 Genoa Racing, 1:00.800
Old 8 Feb 2008, 01:26 (Ref:2123765)   #45
Boro
Racer

Summerton and Niemela a rookie, LMAO.

well i guess if Perera was a "rookie" last year, then I suppose even if "Jimmy" Bruni came and ran the series, he'd be a rookie too.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 01:30 (Ref:2123767)   #46
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah that's what amazes me, they don't count years spent in Formula 3, Formula Renault 3.5 and GP2 Series, it looks to me they think they're higher in the motorsport ranks than GP2.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2124074)   #47
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Hardly Alex. But I couldn't be less bothered by a rookie or not designation. Hopefully there'll be a full and uninterrupted season for these guys this year, I would think some of them have put a fair bit into it to get here, although I'd have to ask them.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2124861)   #48
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Summerton and Niemela a rookie, LMAO.

well i guess if Perera was a "rookie" last year, then I suppose even if "Jimmy" Bruni came and ran the series, he'd be a rookie too.
Nigel Mansell would be a rookie in Atlantics. Rookie = haven't raced in the series so far!
Old 9 Feb 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2124887)   #49
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happens to Atlantics if Champ Car and IRL merge??
Old 9 Feb 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2124893)   #50
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Wow, who wants to field that one? How about great things OJB, great things. They'll drive off that bridge when they get to it, but Formula Atlantic has a real nice ring to it and 35 years to work with.