Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2704106)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely Dani! And here, courtesy of my 2010 Le Mans 'pilote' is the best identification you could have - all hail the 'FHB'.....! (Floppy Hat Boys!)
Attached Images

Old 4 Jun 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2704325)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well with hats like that no one can say they could not find you two, hopefully if all goes well we will be arriving at the same time
Old 4 Jun 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2704344)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Absolutely Dani! And here, courtesy of my 2010 Le Mans 'pilote' is the best identification you could have - all hail the 'FHB'.....! (Floppy Hat Boys!)
For reference, I'll be sporting a navy blue 'floppy' this year!

Ayse, had you just told me the one about Rob and the............

Old 4 Jun 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2704655)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Almost certainly.......
Old 6 Jun 2010, 04:15 (Ref:2705329)   #30
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Invitations printed (number one son did a great job this year, thanks Tom! ), and see you all next Friday.

Just quickly......since our hosts have such a wealth of knowledge to tap into, may I suggest we all come armed with questions for 'the tall ones' (Julian Sole in particular). An opportunity not to be missed!

Friday, 12:45!
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2709636)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If anyone follow's Sam Smith from Lola on Twitter, he has just put a picture of the gang outside the Drayson during yesterday's visit

and you can see it at http://twitpic.com/1w253l

Last edited by rdjones; 12 Jun 2010 at 08:55.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2711983)   #32
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would like to thank the organizers, the team for the visit, and also Emanuele Pirro, a very available and kind person, for the autograph.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 05:16 (Ref:2712364)   #33
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PascaLM:

In your av, do you think this is what Jaguar had in mind?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2712426)   #34
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Rob for posting the link, what a nice group we are on that picture.
I really enjoyed the visit, it gave you a good insight at the operations of lola at Le Mans and off course we could get a very detailed good look at the beautiful Drayson Lola!

Thanks again to Ayse and James for making it happen again this year!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2712427)   #35
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
PascaLM:

I think not but it looked like the Jaguar was the JLOC of 2010! What a poor performance they showed!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2712434)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A nice picture of a truely international pit visit, my thanks to James/Andrew for both organising this years visit and the lift back from st saturin and my french friends for a very nice lunch in the paddock.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2712469)   #37
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
PascaLM:
My avatar is from a photo I took in 1986. Don't worry, it's linked with above all with group C period and also the 25th LM of our friend Ayse, this year.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2713372)   #38
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As promised, my video of the visit is online:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkgbBy3utvQ
Old 18 Jun 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2714352)   #39
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Many Thanks to James and Ayse for another fantastic Pit Visit .
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2714628)   #40
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
And I think we can also thank Lola Cars for the USB card which contains many photos and technical documentations.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2716777)   #41
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Another belated response...........

But, a huge thank you to Sam Smith and Julian Sole for hosting us on the Friday afternoon. It was a very real privilege to have access to Julian's extraordinary wealth of knowledge and his openness when replying to our questions was refreshing and genuinely fascinating, to say the very least.

The feedback I received from a source outside of Lola was that we were considered a 'very technical group' which I take as a great compliment, suggesting the visit was deemed worthwhile and that our questions were not 'run of the mill' fare for such an exercise.

To Sam, Julian and Drayson Racing, on behalf of 10Tenths, thank you so very much for giving up your time to offer us what was an unforgetable experience. Just fantastic!

PS Ayse tells me he was involved in the most dangerous passing move of Le Mans 2010 whilst we were in the Drayson garage. He was very nearly launched into the adjacent Beechdean Mansell garage when Pascal spotted Emanuele Pirro lurking at the back of the Drayson pit and made a 'red mist' dash in his direction in search of an autograph. Ayse was one of several barged out of the way as Pascal undertook his quest. Ayse is still waiting for the outcome of the formal complaint he submitted to the ACO officials. Amazingly, nobody was injured as a result of this incident!
Old 23 Jun 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2716812)   #42
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
PS Ayse tells me he was involved in the most dangerous passing move of Le Mans 2010 whilst we were in the Drayson garage. He was very nearly launched into the adjacent Beechdean Mansell garage when Pascal spotted Emanuele Pirro lurking at the back of the Drayson pit and made a 'red mist' dash in his direction in search of an autograph. Ayse was one of several barged out of the way as Pascal undertook his quest. Ayse is still waiting for the outcome of the formal complaint he submitted to the ACO officials. Amazingly, nobody was injured as a result of this incident!

I feel now sorry for this reptilian reaction as I saw Emanuele Pirro ; and probably I behaved instinctively as a Chabal who has just received the oval. But I didn't know that I provoked such a turmoil.

I will numerise Pirro's autograph next week-end and send it to Ayse.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2716851)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
A complaint from an englishmen to the ACO about a dangerous move from a frenchman I am sure they will give in due consideration. Next time Pascal give him a proper shove the young ladies in the beechdean pit would have welcomed Ayse with open arms.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2716875)   #44
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A complaint from an englishmen to the ACO about a dangerous move from a frenchman I am sure they will give in due consideration. Next time Pascal give him a proper shove the young ladies in the beechdean pit would have welcomed Ayse with open arms.
Then I will propose to invert the roles and give Ayse his revenge.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2716967)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

Now you're talking!!!

I'd like to add my thanks to James' for the Drayson and Lola hospitality. It was a splendid opportunity, not only to look at the car (if from a distance - but I appreciate there was earnest work being undertaken) but to take in the pitlane atmosphere while smiling smugly at the punters the other side of the ropes......
Old 24 Jun 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2717252)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Now you're talking!!!

I'd like to add my thanks to James' for the Drayson and Lola hospitality. It was a splendid opportunity, not only to look at the car (if from a distance - but I appreciate there was earnest work being undertaken) but to take in the pitlane atmosphere while smiling smugly at the punters the other side of the ropes......
Now the Ayse we were there to talk to the Lola guys and see the pit and all those that took pleasure from seeing those less fortunate than us standing on the other side of the barriers should feel ashamed, I know I do.

Thanks again to both you and James for the visit perhaps next year my efforts will be better rewarded.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2717566)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
If anyone follow's Sam Smith from Lola on Twitter, he has just put a picture of the gang outside the Drayson during yesterday's visit

and you can see it at http://twitpic.com/1w253l
The bloke kneeling in front of Ayse ..... thats who was with Ayse & James when I saw then ..... sorry about the big nose remark !!!
Old 24 Jun 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2717569)   #48
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Now you're talking!!!

Good job they didnt let you sit inside it mate (shoehorn springs to mind) ..... It would certainly have been the first retirement ..... or a Spyder !!!
Old 24 Jun 2010, 22:42 (Ref:2717613)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
The bloke kneeling in front of Ayse ..... thats who was with Ayse & James when I saw then ..... sorry about the big nose remark !!!
There's nobody kneeling in front of Ayse...........and, at no point were we with any of the people in the photo apart from the garage visit and Saturday meeting. Mistaken identity, I suspect, Ger!
Old 25 Jun 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2717934)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
There's nobody kneeling in front of Ayse...........and, at no point were we with any of the people in the photo apart from the garage visit and Saturday meeting. Mistaken identity, I suspect, Ger!
Well James , you are a tall bloke , and I didnt have a clue what you look like , but I cant remember your face . Ayse had a red t-shirt on and you were 3 people at some stage on the inside of Tetre Rouge ?

I think , think , that guy in the pic , squating to the left of Ayse was with you , or possibily someone that looked like him , almost sure he had glass's on too ?

And lets be honest ..... Ayse is a fairly unique looking dude too , that isnt ment to be rude Ayse .

How many of the above are true mate ?

Im gutted that I missed ye though . Would have been nice to have had a chat and a nice cool beer . I was delighted with the weather , which was a smashing surprise considering what had been expected . I think we are due a few more years of sun .