Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2694417)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pit Visit - Friday 11th June at 13:00 - 10 for 2010 (thread now closed)

The identity of our hosts will be revealed in due course, but I'm delighted to announce that (with a little help from our friends ) Ayse and I have secured an invitation for a select group of ten 10Tenths members to attend a garage visit at 13:00 on Friday 11th June, of which eight places still need to be allocated.

Our sincere thanks to those involved in making this possible (you know who you are ) and, in advance, to those who will host the visit!

At this stage, I need to establish how many members would like to be considered for a place. Once again, we will be unable to accommodate friends and family, and I would also ask that only members who can 100% guarantee their availability to attend at that time, put their names forward.

Thank you!
Old 19 May 2010, 23:15 (Ref:2694420)   #2
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to those involved arranging the visit. I won't make myself available this year as I only just made it on time last year,due to the public transport ! Highly recommended to anyone attending the pitlane on Friday though .
Old 20 May 2010, 05:10 (Ref:2694489)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for being thoroughly upfront about availability Gilles.
Old 20 May 2010, 05:57 (Ref:2694501)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic I'm in, it has been the highlight of my visit for the last 2 year.

just remember I can't make this year as I will be stuck behind my desk in Leeds..............

For those going enjoy
Old 20 May 2010, 06:48 (Ref:2694514)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
put me up on the list
and thanks to those that know who they are

Ciao Marco
Old 20 May 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2694518)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am sure that we should be able to get back from St satarin in time, even if we have to sort out cars with other attending the classic meet. So put myself and Helen (elaviel) down please, Helen is current taking exams so may have missed this topic.

Thanks for arranging this and sorry my efforts seem to have been fruitless this year.
Old 20 May 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2694607)   #7
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gents,
I would like to be considered too. Most jealous after AllonFS's visit last year and the positive comments subsequently.
Regards, Mike.
Old 20 May 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2694608)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really enjoyed last year's visit, and would love to go again! I wouldn't want to deprive a Le Mans newbie this experience though, so feel free to give priority to first timers or anyone who missed the cut last year.
Old 20 May 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2694612)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By the way, we are talking 'prototype' classes, rather than 'GT'.
Old 20 May 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2694618)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am wondering, could it have something to do with ice cream?
Old 20 May 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2694620)   #11
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I would like to be a part again this year after really enjoying the visit last year, so yes please count me in!
Old 20 May 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2694639)   #12
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Don't how you do it or who your mysterious contacts are (doesn't involve dodgy handshakes I hope), but please count me in!

Thanks for all your efforts again, Allon
Old 20 May 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2694729)   #13
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
If you have a free Place ,please count me in .

Regards : lemansfan
Old 20 May 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2694734)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Don't how you do it or who your mysterious contacts are (doesn't involve dodgy handshakes I hope), but please count me in!

Thanks for all your efforts again, Allon
This year, Ayse should take full credit for his contact, and his contact's contact.
Old 20 May 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2694736)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I am wondering, could it have something to do with ice cream?
Kinky......
Old 20 May 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2694740)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Kinky......
No the team not what he use to get them to agree
Old 20 May 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2694777)   #17
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
If I'm not too late, please put me down for this.
Old 21 May 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2695305)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I shall leave requests for places open until the end of play on Monday (24th), at which point I shall don my crash helmet as I undertake the unenviable task of disappointing a number of good friends. More on that in due course.
Old 21 May 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2695655)   #19
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm interested in a new pit visit, thanks for your efforts James, was great last year! But like "Down Force", I can leave for a newbie if too much people ask an allocation.
Old 21 May 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2695662)   #20
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Seeing Down Force and Batmobile's generous posts, if it is oversubscribed then I am also happy for someone who missed out last year or a newbie having priority. Well happy might be overstating it, but you get the gist!
Old 23 May 2010, 10:15 (Ref:2696476)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Many thanks to those who have attended the visit previously and have said they'd be willing to stand aside, if it would be of help. Duly noted, and I very much appreciate your kind offers.

Old 23 May 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2696482)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
There are several names I'd expected to see on the list, but which are (as yet) missing. PascaLM mentioned in another thread that he would be around on the Friday afternoon this year. He, of those who have been unable to attend the visit in previous years, above all others (in my opinion) must be offered a place, if he's able to attend.
Old 23 May 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2696489)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
A little more info on our garage visit.........

This year, it will not be presented by a team, but by a manufacturer. The venue for the visit will be the garage of one of their customers. Those lucky enough to attend can expect the presentation to have a strong emphasis on the technical side of prototype sportscar design and manufacture.

Old 23 May 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2696577)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That sounds great, really looking forward to speaking to the technocal guys in particular.
Old 25 May 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2697778)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
There are several names I'd expected to see on the list, but which are (as yet) missing. PascaLM mentioned in another thread that he would be around on the Friday afternoon this year. He, of those who have been unable to attend the visit in previous years, above all others (in my opinion) must be offered a place, if he's able to attend.
Further to the above, Craig PM'd me seperately with regard to the visit, but has clearly forgotten to put his name down on the thread, so I'm doing that now, on his behalf.

We still haven't heard from Pascal, but given his post earlier in the year, I'm assuming he'd like to be included, so his name is also on the list.

isynge PM'd me to say that he would be stepping aside this year. He felt that, having been fortunate enough to attend both previous visits (2008/2009) he would like someone who hasn't previously been given the opportunity, to attend.

GT6 has informed me that Elaviel will also step aside this year.

So, by my reckoning, we have a shortlist of:

Aysedasi
Dani Filth
GT6
Hursty
Down FOrce
Nobster
AllonFS
lemansfan
Kpy
batmobile
Craig

PascaLM

And, I'm delighted to say, that the shortlist is going to be short enough. I've just come off the phone to our host, and he is more than happy to accommodate a party of 11 (or 12, if PascaLM is able to join us).

I intend to open a new thread, in due course, which will announce our hosts and the format of the visit.

Closed Thread