Ill be there saturday and sunday
Old 12 Aug 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2939007)   #27
Vera
Rookie

Hungary
Budapest
Vera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Guys,

I need a little help I was there at the Wsr event in Hungary this year and it was AWESOME I met my fave driver and yeah,JEV won both races,how cool is that!?
Anyway,I'm going to England next week and I'd like to go to the event on Sunday. They say they can send tickets to me (to Hungary) but they can't guarantee that the tickets will arrive on time... so the whole thing is depends on the tickets. (Figers Crossed)

Why do I need help? I don't know how I can go to the circuit. I found a coach from London,Victoria Station to Milton Keynes but how can I go from Milton Keynes to Silverstone?

Hope someone can help me and tell me the way from London to the circuit. I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks in Advance
xx
Old 12 Aug 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2939012)   #28
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Milton Keynes to Silverstone is not easy, however there is a bus service from Northampton to Silverstone http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetab...&to=&locval=62

Will give you the relevant times.

Your best bet would be train from London euston to Northampton
Old 12 Aug 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2939030)   #29
Vera
Rookie

Hungary
Budapest
thank you so much!!
Old 12 Aug 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2939036)   #30
Vera
Rookie

Hungary
Budapest
Honestly,the best thing would be a coach service from London to Silverstone on Saturday and Sunday because of the event. In Hungary we could travel from Budapest to Mogyoród (Hungaroring) by coach and it was free. I know,it's not so far away like Silverstone from london,but it would the best I think.

It helped me,but still don't know how I'm gonna solve this problem... I have to go,I promised it to JEV hahaha Seriously,I wanna meet him again
Old 13 Aug 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2939314)   #31
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
PULSERACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Has my computer directed me to a dating site ???
Old 14 Aug 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2939386)   #32
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got paperwork & tickets thru, a few more names than normal,
but there again, there ain't no BTCC meeting this time.
but good to see the extra tweeks to the timetable compared to last year.
roll on the weekend
Old 14 Aug 2011, 01:16 (Ref:2939394)   #33
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post
got paperwork & tickets thru, a few more names than normal,
but there again, there ain't no BTCC meeting this time.
but good to see the extra tweeks to the timetable compared to last year.
roll on the weekend
Who is the organising club?
Old 14 Aug 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2939459)   #34
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHIE44T View Post
Who is the organising club?
BARC.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2939518)   #35
MotorBreath
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
MotorBreath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what time they close the front gate for access to the campsite? I'll be travelling down on Friday after work & should get there for 7ish.

Many thanks!!
Old 14 Aug 2011, 13:57 (Ref:2939520)   #36
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorBreath View Post
Does anyone know what time they close the front gate for access to the campsite? I'll be travelling down on Friday after work & should get there for 7ish
I'm not sure what the specific time is; however, security tend to be on the gate until quite late and in my experience I have no problems in getting in at around 7pm. It may be prudent to check with Penny Norris at Silverstone for piece of mind though.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2939546)   #37
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to spectate again. I'm a Renaultsport owner so get free tickets from them via Renault Alpine Owners Club. I went last year for the first time and was amazed how big an event it is. Yes it is a big promo event for Renault and it does attract a different type of crowd to most race meetings but its still interesting. There is so much to see in the village that's set up for the weekend that it takes most of the day to get round all of it. I'll come and say hello if i get close to any of the marshals that are around. I hope you all have a great weekend down there.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2939600)   #38
paul leedham
Racer

England
Grimsby
paul leedham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorBreath View Post
Does anyone know what time they close the front gate for access to the campsite? I'll be travelling down on Friday after work & should get there for 7ish.

Many thanks!!
think you will find the gate is manned all night. Always have somebody on there when coming back from the pub at 11ish.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2939653)   #39
MotorBreath
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
MotorBreath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul leedham View Post
think you will find the gate is manned all night. Always have somebody on there when coming back from the pub at 11ish.
Thanks guys
Old 15 Aug 2011, 20:10 (Ref:2940164)   #40
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're only doing Sunday this time. Will be rocking up on Sat to have a mooch around and get my hands on a JPS... I mean Lotus Renault Lotus team shirt
Will be my sole 'single-seater' meeting of the year. It's all about the sportscars!!
Old 16 Aug 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2941652)   #41
sabrads
Rookie

sabrads should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the WSR last year as a spectator, then I discovered marshalling this year I am going to be doing the Sat

Really looking forward to it
Old 16 Aug 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2941816)   #42
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update from Penny regarding access / parking is copied below.

Don't forget it's earlier sign-on too (07:00-08:00) It would appear that the previous "thumbs up" to drive to most posts may have been superseded by the instructions below, so allow lots of extra time!

weather info here http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5000

Below is a link to the timetable for World Series Renault this weekend

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26117606/WSR...0Timetable.pdf

In addition there will be a traffic management system in place.

For those arriving on Friday to set up in the campsite just make your way to the front gate as normal

Those arriving Saturday or Sunday morning should follow the route on the link below where possible – this will take you through Winterhills to the Copse Campsite.

Anyone who is arriving during the day on Saturday to marshal Sunday only MUST follow directions to the marshals campsite via the route on the below link as you will not be able to get around the internal road with the volumes of public on site

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26117606/Cam...ion%20map.docx

As there will be a large number of public on site the marshals campsite gates will be shut accept for the main gate which will be manned by security. Marshals can show there Silverstone pass or MSA card to gain access should they need to during the day. If you have guests staying with you on the campsite they will require a wristband to be able to access the campsite during the day. I will be at the campsite on Friday afternoon or you can collect these at sign on. This wristband will grant access to the campsite only guests will still require an entrance ticket for the circuit.

Penny Norris
Old 16 Aug 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2941851)   #43
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR SILVERSTONE

Thanks Hairy DJ for update ,Via Penny.

Is there a bus service for delivering/collecting Marshals to their posts?
Old 16 Aug 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2941859)   #44
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet marshal View Post
Thanks Hairy DJ for update ,Via Penny.

Is there a bus service for delivering/collecting Marshals to their posts?
now thats pushing it lol

old fashion way to get to post, car or walk.

Thanks for the update, nice to hear they have the campsite locked off and security measures in place, well appreciated
Old 16 Aug 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2941860)   #45
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Initial advice about driving to "most posts" stands, I think. The instructions for folks arriving for sign-on is consistent with "park at Copse and walk through the tunnel". The large numbers of public issue is for those arriving Saturday to marshal on Sunday only. It does also mean of course that once you've driven to post you're not going to be able to shift the car until the end of the day.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2941886)   #46
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Initial advice about driving to "most posts" stands, I think. The instructions for folks arriving for sign-on is consistent with "park at Copse and walk through the tunnel". The large numbers of public issue is for those arriving Saturday to marshal on Sunday only. It does also mean of course that once you've driven to post you're not going to be able to shift the car until the end of the day.
your not wrong there, this is my 5th WSR now and i learnt from the 1st one about driving to n from post.
with the traffic management in place you need extra time even to get to post as i found out one year.
this is my 1st of 2 remaining meetings at Silverstone and are 2 big meets on my calendar that i look forward to
Old 17 Aug 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2941987)   #47
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I've got my head round that. Thanks for the heads up and thank god for Googlemaps!!
Old 17 Aug 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2942174)   #48
tobesvw
Rookie

England
Stony Stratford
tobesvw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't seem to open the link to the map in Hairy DJ's post (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26117606/Cam...ion%20map.docx). Does anyone have a different link or explain the best way of getting in for sign on please?
Old 17 Aug 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2942180)   #49
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The link was Penny's, reposted by me. It's a docx file so you would need Office 2007 or newer to open it, suspect that's the problem?

Basically, as you're coming up the A5 you need to get into Silverstone village and look for the Winterhills sign, left at the crossroads and back over the top of the A43. However, Paul's reply suggests that the main gate & turn left around the perimeter road to Copse may still work.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2942187)   #50
morwenna
Racer

morwenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobesvw View Post
I can't seem to open the link to the map in Hairy DJ's post (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26117606/Cam...ion%20map.docx). Does anyone have a different link or explain the best way of getting in for sign on please?
For those who can't open it, it's basically shown in page 6 here http://www.msaevents.co.uk/2011_Info...et_FOR_WEB.pdf - don't know if the one way system will be in place, and the campsite is inside the circuit, not as instructed here. If you look on Google maps, it's shown as Towcester Rd, opposite the High St in Silverstone.