Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jun 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1008749)   #26
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think it's more like 50-50 .. it was a late braking attempt for practice .. but Massa should have let him through ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jun 2004, 17:45 (Ref:1008787)   #27
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Felipe 'Matti' Massa should watch his mirrors every now and then.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 19 Jun 2004, 18:12 (Ref:1008812)   #28
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Racing' incident. Massa turned in when he should not have and Sato might of got on the brakes a bit more once he realised there was no room. In Satos defence there were blue flags and he did climb right up onto the curb to try to avoid contact but against Sato blue flags advise teh driver in front to move over and are not a magic formula to definatly allow you room. Discretion and valer spring to mind!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1008891)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough. He's outqualified his team mate today so it looks good for tomorrow.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1008904)   #30
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so did at Nurburgring . and we all know what came out of that

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jun 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1008905)   #31
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BAR should have a good race here.

Well done to Takuma and Jenson so far.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1008949)   #32
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't Hazzard the county where the Dukes of Hazzard live? Seems somehow appropriate!

Taku may be overdriving a little to keep up with Jenson, or (more likely I think) he knows that the car he's got underneath him is absolutely superb and he's on a high so he's just trying to wring every last hundredth out of it.

Whatever the reasons, the presence of both Sato and Massa in F1 is exactly what we need - the balls out characters that everybody keeps complaining that we lack!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 21:53 (Ref:1008981)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's funny isn't it, Garcon.

Drivers who play the percentages get criticised for not having a go.

And those who do have a go get criticised for that!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 21:57 (Ref:1008988)   #34
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fundamentally, I think people just enjoy complaining...
Old 19 Jun 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1008997)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I'm happy to have these wild drivers in F1!

Sato, I feel, is a potential champion if he could iron out his problems. Which I think he could do....remember, compared to the majority of the F1 grid, he is very, VERY inexperienced. He started racing quite late. To be doing what he's doing is a massive achievement IMO.

Massa....well, err......there's no hope!

I can't see him ever calming down, don't know why!

But he's great fun isn't he?
Old 19 Jun 2004, 22:10 (Ref:1009004)   #36
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
but there's no need to get Massa calming .. just stay out of Sato sight . better way way way ahead of him

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jun 2004, 22:39 (Ref:1009027)   #37
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
IF they were BOTH on hot laps.... seems as though Massa cramped Taku for room... But depends on who was on a hot lap...
But still was this type of overtaking move really required in a practice session?

thanks for the clip Dani!
The video showed clearly that there was a blue flag being waved, but from that flag to the turnin for turn 1 is only a few seconds.

In the final shot on the video, it was obvious that Sato was making an attempt to avoid a collision, but it was too late. My seats for Indy are in the last grandstand section before turn 1. Massa simply ran his line and Sato thought (wrongly) that Massa would move over. This is where inexperience plays against Taku - he made his move where he may have gotten away with it in a race, but in practice, he failed to exercise the caution necessary and even if Massa should have let him by, it wasn't happening there and Taku should have seen (and must understand) that when he pulled out to pass, Massa was already committed to the turn on a race line.

Thanks for the video.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 00:35 (Ref:1009081)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, what lap willl Mr Honda's finest blow up in Sato's car?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Jun 2004, 01:08 (Ref:1009098)   #39
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funny thing.. After Bahrain..people were praising how sensible Sato is... And after a couple of incidents starting from Nurburgring...Sato is criticised..

IMO, Sato can be matured and sensible, but his inexperience and eagerness sometimes causes him to make mistakes. It's not a coincidence that 3 races see him get into some problems. Nurburgring i guess it's just a case of over-ambitious when he suddenly find himself so high up in ranking..he just desired for more.

From the video, it seem like what happen on practice is Sato's fault..at least most of it. If he's still quite a distance back, he can't just expect to force his nose and run late on brakes expecting the world to give way. Of course, Massa could've been more careful, but it seems like Massa wasn't expecting such a move from Sato, esp in practice.

I guess that happens when you have two young wild kids running around

But they'd get the point sooner or later..so nothing much to be harsh about them.

Last edited by Gt_R; 20 Jun 2004 at 01:13.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 02:02 (Ref:1009111)   #40
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he takes out both furraris but get's no reprimand from the fia

Just like allways happens to michael
Old 20 Jun 2004, 06:41 (Ref:1009157)   #41
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sato

Good to see the Sato Man ahead of Button again. He has easily been the quicker of the two over the last three or so races and there is no denying that. It has been shameful that he hasn't had the reliabilty to further his qualifying results.Button's mistake in the infield during qualifying was the difference. So much for his smoothness? Sorry Jenson, I don't think Dave can save you from this one.

Sato can't possibly have another blown engine this weekend because this engine problem is getting rather lame to say the least.

Go Sato
Old 20 Jun 2004, 06:52 (Ref:1009160)   #42
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
we will see . if he does need saving . but i think that Honda engine does need some saving

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 09:55 (Ref:1009234)   #43
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by alesi95
people were saying the same thing about Montoya in 2001 after the Canadian Gp.

He's young and inexperienced. He will learn. As will Massa
The problem is that in order to be able to learn, he will have to start by *listening* to what people are telling him.

As far as the media are telling us at the moment, he seems to be openly discarding any critisism (positive and negative) he gets.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1009244)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Sato

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
Good to see the Sato Man ahead of Button again. He has easily been the quicker of the two over the last three or so races and there is no denying that.
Um, I can deny that. He was outqualified at Monaco, and Canada, Europe he outqualified Button. Let's not get carried away here.

Also what is your point about DR saving Button?

Sato is quick but he is still, after two seasons and a gap for testing, erratic. Something that I thought at the beginning of this year, he'd mastered. Obviously this particular event was not his fault. Also his qualifying run was bloody good yesterday. But let's not get carried away, he still has to finish the race and if he wins it'll make this season even more interesting.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1009253)   #45
1 Lotus
Rookie

1 Lotus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, he is starting the race today next to his teammate. I guess if he takes out his teammate, who usually makes good starts, David Richards will have a word with him that will not be a note of praise for taking some of those chances. "Okay to try it (the move) on a Ferrari or any other team, but not on one of our cars."
Old 20 Jun 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1009256)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hang on there.

He's ahead of his team mate (staggered grid) and he makes good starts too (witness Monaco). And he hasn't (to my knowledge) actually taken anybody "out". He's had a good try at times but let's not get carried away.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1009263)   #47
Kicking-back
Veteran

Peter's right - Sato hasn't taken anyone out of a race this year.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1009294)   #48
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
despite his best efforts . he's not doing it right

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1009296)   #49
1 Lotus
Rookie

1 Lotus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Peter's right - Sato hasn't taken anyone out of a race this year.
Not for lack of trying LOL
In the past two races though he hit Rubens and the went skillfully between two cars, whilst spinning in Canada. It is simply due to good fortune that no one was taken out and in Canada, that no one was hurt.

I hope he doesn't do something like that this race.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1009298)   #50
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indy definately isn't a place to be amkign rash moves, with teh walls so close. I hope he does keep his head, especially as he's got every cahcne of finally scoring that poidum. Of course, ahvign KJenson as a team-mate means that he'll knwo that, ocne one coems, many more can follow.