Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1966766)   #576
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So let me get this straight.

This is all Jesus' fault?

Who is to blame next?
Old 18 Jul 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1966776)   #577
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Saw this story earlier on Gazzetta, but resisted the temptation to post it, as it is pure speculation.
I don't believe these leaked claims.
Sorry,I couldn't resist (the voices in my head made me do it).

I don't believe the claims either,but it's all rather interesting nonetheless.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1966781)   #578
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
So let me get this straight.

This is all Jesus' fault?

Who is to blame next?
I thought Jesus worked for Ferrari's R&D department?
Old 18 Jul 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1966795)   #579
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So if he was told to destroy the papers by three different people at McLaren, why did he continue to retain them and then send dearest Trudy down to the local copyshop to copy them ?

They'll either decide that Coughlan's knowledge is McLaren's knowledge, in which case they're toast... or they'll decide he acted as a renegade, in which case they have a chance. The fact Martin Whitmarsh did or did not tell him to destroy them is irrelevant.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1966804)   #580
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
So if he was told to destroy the papers by three different people at McLaren, why did he continue to retain them and then send dearest Trudy down to the local copyshop to copy them ?

They'll either decide that Coughlan's knowledge is McLaren's knowledge, in which case they're toast... or they'll decide he acted as a renegade, in which case they have a chance. The fact Martin Whitmarsh did or did not tell him to destroy them is irrelevant.
Coughlan=McLaren. He is in a position where his knowlege or product will effect performance. If he had been a janator, it might be a different story. I am afraid McLaren is screwed.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:00 (Ref:1966845)   #581
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
...The fact Martin Whitmarsh did or did not tell him to destroy them is irrelevant.
irrelevant in what regard? If you accept that Coughlan had spoken to Whitmarsh/ or other senior members of Mclaren about this, their failure to discipline him immediately can be seen as tacit approval about what was done or what was being attempted.

we may never get resolution on this, but certainly the teams should be aggressively acting against this type of behaviour, with at least internal disciplinary actions to discourage anyone else from trying it. the FIA can at least go after this.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:07 (Ref:1966853)   #582
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
irrelevant in what regard? If you accept that Coughlan had spoken to Whitmarsh/ or other senior members of Mclaren about this, their failure to discipline him immediately can be seen as tacit approval about what was done or what was being attempted.
Coughlan is a very senior member of McLaren. If he has this type of information, then he can use it to advantage the team whether anyone else there knows that's happened or not. That's the essence of the wrongdoing. Disciplining Coughlan is an internal matter for the team, but it cannot undo what's been done from an external perspective. McLaren were advantaged, Ferrari were disadvantage.

... sorry I must qualify all of this by saying 'if you believe what we've been hearing'.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1966856)   #583
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what is right to do, not what really will happen. Like it or not, Ferrari and Mclaren are in the same business, what is bad for one is not good for the other.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1966861)   #584
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
That's what is right to do, not what really will happen. Like it or not, Ferrari and Mclaren are in the same business, what is bad for one is not good for the other.
You're spot on... and that's why Bernie and Max need to get Ron and Jean/Luca into a room and bang their heads together until this is resolved.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1966894)   #585
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
... sorry I must qualify all of this by saying 'if you believe what we've been hearing'.
haha, no need, i completely got that. really that tag line needs to be included in the thread title there really is just so much speculation/articles going around that its impossible to form a proper opinion either way.

Quote:
...but it cannot undo what's been done from an external perspective. McLaren were advantaged, Ferrari were disadvantage..
true, and nothing can, but putting the involved parties in a room together and forcing them to hash out a deal only serves to reinforce all that is wrong with F1, the lack of transparency and a clear set of guidelines of what constitutes corporate responsibility in the world of F1.
what i find most astonishing about Coughlan's accusation is that he "claims" to have told people and no one seemed willing or able to do anything about it. if the roles were reversed, i find it hard to imagine Ferrari (or any other team for that matter) acting any differently than Mclaren have. as such i will have difficulty accepting any solution/sanction, nor can i believe that Ron and Jean/Luca are the right ones to get to the bottom of it...they are too much alike in their narrow views of protecting their own team as opposed to doing whats best for the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Like it or not, Ferrari and Mclaren are in the same business, what is bad for one is not good for the other.
totally, but these guys are not the ones to have the perspective to see that. their success comes from beating each other, apparently through any means necessary. F1 is the real loser here and by that i mean the fans and i for one am finding it harder and harder to explain to my non-F1 loving friends why i love this sport that is so constantly shrouded in mystery and scandal. its almost like defending religion and by that i mean Jebus!
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:55 (Ref:1966902)   #586
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
All this kind of thing is part of the interest of F1 to me.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1966911)   #587
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
All this kind of thing is part of the interest of F1 to me.
Total B*****s to me unfortunately
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1966919)   #588
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like my interest on track.

This isn't supposed to be some crime novel. It's supposed to be a sport.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1966929)   #589
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Whenever big business is at play this kind of thing is inevitable. It is certainly not desirable, but I can't help but find it interesting.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1966976)   #590
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
I like my interest on track.
Agreed.I propose an immediate ban on pit stops.

Quote:
This isn't supposed to be some crime novel. It's supposed to be a sport.
It's the same with every sport.In Football (soccer) we've recently had "Tevesgate".Cycling is basically a bunch of drug crazed suicidal two wheelers.In Cricket we've recently had the "Bob Woolmer" episode.And I understand that certain high profile personel are about to blow the lid on an up coming Tiddly Winks Championship drug/sex scandal.
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:27 (Ref:1967291)   #591
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Golf's gonna be the next sport to have a drug scandal from what I understand !
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1967297)   #592
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
McLaren rocked by further allegations!

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=32147

Oh,err....don't take it too seriously.
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1967316)   #593
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW: all of a sudden the media started talking about an "affidavit": could someone round here explain me what on Earth does that word means?

It seems the typical case of a lot of people people using a word whose meaning they don't know...
Old 19 Jul 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1967322)   #594
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"A sworn statement of fact" - it comes from Latin IIRC.
Old 19 Jul 2007, 11:06 (Ref:1967323)   #595
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
In simple terms, an affidavit is a sworn statement. The person concerned makes a statement in writing and then goes along to a lawyer, signs it and swears in front of the lawyer that it is the truth and the lawyer then counter-signs it as confirmation.
Old 19 Jul 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1967344)   #596
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
And the lawyer must not be involved with the case. (It can also be sworn before a commissioner for oaths.) You either swear holding a Bible (or Koran or similar religious work) or you affirm the truth - there's slightly different wording in the affidavit's jurat (bit giving details of how it was sworn/affirmed).

These days affidavits are rare, you just sign a witness statement with an assertion that you believe the facts are true. But they are mandatory in search order applications.

(Incidentally, the lawyer "swearing" the affidavit gets £5, plus £2 per exhibit to the affidavit. It's the closest we get to tips.)
Old 19 Jul 2007, 11:36 (Ref:1967353)   #597
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
There seems to be a lot of "swearing" going on.
Old 19 Jul 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1967355)   #598
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what happens when you have to pay lawyers.
Old 19 Jul 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1967366)   #599
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Old 19 Jul 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1967418)   #600
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanx mates