Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Nov 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2794117)   #51
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I live near enough to Melbourne Airport to hear planes coming and going and close enough to Calder to hear stuff over there and you don't hear me complaining.

Sandown's car track was built in 1962 so unless they moved into that area prior to that someone needs to stand up and tell them to P Off.

As far as I know it's only Sandown & PI that have "noise issues", Calder & Winton don't have problems to that extent.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2794125)   #52
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
I live near enough to Melbourne Airport to hear planes coming and going and close enough to Calder to hear stuff over there and you don't hear me complaining.

Sandown's car track was built in 1962 so unless they moved into that area prior to that someone needs to stand up and tell them to P Off.

As far as I know it's only Sandown & PI that have "noise issues", Calder & Winton don't have problems to that extent.
It sounds like people are telling them to P off and they're saying P off yourself.......I guess they didn't buy their house on race day.

We've had some experience with trail bikes in the park near my house and once someone becomes paranoid about the noise, it's too late........some don't let it bother them and others do. The answer for Sandown is for organisers to embark on a pacification program with the complainants.........organisers need to use their brains and not to let themselves become arrogant.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2794159)   #53
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Carter-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi BlueSport,
at the VHRR we send tickets to residents and have a Rememberance Day parade for the diggers as the meeting is in the first week of November. Some people are co-operative and appreciative
But some people just hate motorsport, one of the girls at my previous job was complaining to me about the noise at Sandown not knowing that I race. She came to this country in the mid 1970's...the track was well established before then...I suggested she shutup or move....thats when the fight started...

Last edited by Carter-Nelson; 22 Nov 2010 at 09:43.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2794173)   #54
blue&red
Rookie

Australia
Australia
blue&red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
" I was Struggling "

Video posted by HRT. Glad to see W DAVISON has taken reponsibility for his actions. Surely that isn't a HRT driver.

How many times does he say "I was struggling" "I was blocking".

DAVISON admits that #34 hit him after locking brakes and after already being 'nudged' along during the straight.

How many 'pushes - nudges' does it take to allow a faster car from a non-factory team to pass.

Quote of the day: "I was struggling"
Old 22 Nov 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2794192)   #55
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter-Nelson View Post
...I suggested she shutup or move....thats when the fight started...
Lol........that's the initial response we all take in these situations. Is there a better way? Invite them along for the day, offer them a ride for a lap or two, have a sausage sizzle and a glass of wine, get the locals involved, they may see the events in a different light.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2794469)   #56
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe letters are sent out to the close locals to let them know there's an event on and the locals can come in for a look by presenting the letter.

Other than the smoke issue at the EasterNats I'm told it's not the near neighbours who complain but those a little further out and outside the letter drop zone.

I believe the housing built in recent years off Sandown Rd had a permit requirement for double glazed glass so other than traffic complaints which they solve by keeping that gate closed (along with Alemien Rd on the other side) most days they don't have noise issues in that area.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2794482)   #57
V8RYAN
Racer

Australia
SANDOWN
V8RYAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we used to recieve a letter with the calander of events for the year, to let us know when we would be affected by noise. it was great, i always knew what weekends to keep free to head down to the track. but they stopped sending out those letters a couple of years ago.

and from what i was told regarding easternats is that it wasnt so much the noise that was the issue, it was idiots doing burnouts in the streets surrounding the track as they left the event that was the main problem
Old 22 Nov 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2794489)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
believe i have posted here previously, but will do so again. There was once a meeting held in the mid 90's re proposals to close Essendon airport due to noise issues by local residents, chaired by local council. When the meeting came to order, there was a request for everyone to stand who had moved into the area after the airport was built. All but 2 people stood. They were then asked to leave...
Old 22 Nov 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2794505)   #59
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
believe i have posted here previously, but will do so again. There was once a meeting held in the mid 90's re proposals to close Essendon airport due to noise issues by local residents, chaired by local council. When the meeting came to order, there was a request for everyone to stand who had moved into the area after the airport was built. All but 2 people stood. They were then asked to leave...
.........yet those same people that asked them to leave may want the roads improved so that they don't have to sit in the traffic. Why didn't they buy a home closer to work? Everyone knows that the traffic is going to get worse. Same argument, different issue........it's just the hypocrisy of society.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2794529)   #60
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
.........yet those same people that asked them to leave may want the roads improved so that they don't have to sit in the traffic. Why didn't they buy a home closer to work? Everyone knows that the traffic is going to get worse. Same argument, different issue........it's just the hypocrisy of society.
Well put.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2794543)   #61
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Everyone knows that the traffic is going to get worse.
Not if the roads are improved.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 02:55 (Ref:2794550)   #62
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Not if the roads are improved.
Lol........try the M5 into Sydney Mon-Fri 6.30am it's already a parking lot even though they built the better road........all the silly buggers moved out to Campbelltown expecting to drive to work.........but then again not everyone can live close.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 03:25 (Ref:2794555)   #63
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, I was being facetious.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 03:46 (Ref:2794556)   #64
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
........ Everyone knows that the traffic is going to get worse. Same argument, different issue........it's just the hypocrisy of society.
except aeroplanes are getting quieter.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 04:22 (Ref:2794561)   #65
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Sorry, I was being facetious.
I noted that, no worries.......lol.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 04:25 (Ref:2794563)   #66
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
except aeroplanes are getting quieter.
Lol.......that's true, but do the words jet and quiet go together?........and we're too far off topic.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 05:03 (Ref:2794566)   #67
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
My tip.. P.Dumbrell for a maiden win, Mr Lowndes to take the round...
Nice tipping for Dumbrell's win.

Congrats to him, and I'm glad to hear he is hanging around for at least 1 more season. But I would never have posted a tip for his maiden win..... well done.

What I DID do was pick Lowndes for the round - bad call.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2794734)   #68
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two serious offenders went unpunished on Saturday:

1. Paul Dumbrell, for rejoining the track in a dangerous manner after the first start. You're supposed to wait for a break in traffic, not barge back in regardless. Dumbrell should have been relegated to the rear of the grid for the restart.

2. The channel 7 genius who instructed Mark Larkham to gate-crash the front row drivers with his microphone before the restart (reminsicent of Evan Green pointlessly asking Alan Jones on the grid at Bathurst if it was a bad time to have a chat, to which AJ replied: "Yes it is."). Larkham should have told said genius to shove it.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 06:57 (Ref:2795022)   #69
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post

1. Paul Dumbrell, for rejoining the track in a dangerous manner after the first start. You're supposed to wait for a break in traffic, not barge back in regardless. Dumbrell should have been relegated to the rear of the grid for the restart.
The race was completely retarted. The first start was declared never to have taken place and wiped from the history book.

So how can you punish someone for a race that did not take place?
Old 24 Nov 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2795069)   #70
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post

2. The channel 7 genius who instructed Mark Larkham to gate-crash the front row drivers with his microphone before the restart (reminsicent of Evan Green pointlessly asking Alan Jones on the grid at Bathurst if it was a bad time to have a chat, to which AJ replied: "Yes it is."). Larkham should have told said genius to shove it.
First one, i dont agree with you, he entered to the far right of the track and GT knew he was there. No issue.

second what was the issue, they were stopped for 30 minutes, they had the opportunity to say no
Old 24 Nov 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2795144)   #71
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with peckstar, the rejoin was before the corner, the biff & barge was not until the exit when Tander tried to push Dumbrell into the fence. Had he given a bit of space...
Old 24 Nov 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2795431)   #72
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
The race was completely retarted. The first start was declared never to have taken place and wiped from the history book.

So how can you punish someone for a race that did not take place?
didn't someone at 888 get punished in the restart farce on the GC last year, even though the "offence" occured before the red flag that deleted the original start?

even though i agree Dumbrell while potentially barrelling in slightly fast, and could have used some more self preservation, doesn't have a case to answer for.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2795468)   #73
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
FYR, Section 7.2(c) of the Race Meeting Standing Regulations in the CAMS Manual of Motorsport states: "Should a car leave the track for any reason ... the driver may rejoin. However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage."

If you consider rejoining the track in the middle of a pack of cars "safe", then you probably think 'figure-8' racing is "safe".

Dumbrell's behaviour - like Fiore's and van Gisbergen's similar grass-cutting at the restart of Sunday's race - set a precedent that can only result in more car damage and driver injuries (or worse).

Mark Skaife, commentating on Channel 7 as the Saturday incident was replayed, said, "I can't believe these guys are getting away with driving from there (Turn 1) straight across to Turn 3. You must rejoin before Turn 2. You can't rejoin like that - it's lunacy!"

And saying the first Saturday race never existed is like saying Tander's car was never damaged. You can't change history.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 03:08 (Ref:2795474)   #74
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It interesting what you right there, its does not support was skaife says, neither did what happened with Jamie and Giz at Indy, as clearly they did not re-enter before the next bend.

GT is shown as having completed -1 laps in Saturdays race, so he is considered a started , but a DNF.

im not sure how you compare entering on the edge of the track to a figure 8 race, maybe you shoudl get a better example because really that just makes you look a bit unrealistic. He entry was safe and as sunday showed, cars can re-enter the track there and not have people make contact with them
Old 25 Nov 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2795608)   #75
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
It interesting what you right there, its does not support was skaife says, neither did what happened with Jamie and Giz at Indy, as clearly they did not re-enter before the next bend.

GT is shown as having completed -1 laps in Saturdays race, so he is considered a started , but a DNF.

im not sure how you compare entering on the edge of the track to a figure 8 race, maybe you shoudl get a better example because really that just makes you look a bit unrealistic. He entry was safe and as sunday showed, cars can re-enter the track there and not have people make contact with them
If I understand your tortured grammar correctly ... surely you jest.

FYR, I'm referring to incidents at Sandown last weekend - not "Indy" (whatever that means).

Skaife's comments - and Crompton's for that matter - support my assertion 100 percent if you read them properly.

My comment about Tander referred to chavez's post. Sorry for assuming that you'd taken the trouble to read the previous few posts in the thread.

My comment about 'figure 8' racing stands. This issue is about not only where a driver re-enters the track, but also how. The middle of a pack of cars can't possibly be "safe".

May I suggest, with all due respect, that you put your brain into gear before engaging your keyboard?