Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Feb 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1237293)   #51
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05
What about when Dick was going into a corner in the NASCAR and he understeered straight for the wall and all you here is "OH FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!"
That was actually at the same Sears Point race (in 1989) that Seton Fanatic was talking about. Dick certainly had a lot of explaining to do after that race...
Old 28 Feb 2005, 04:52 (Ref:1237742)   #52
buza
Racer

Australia
Warragul Australia
buza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05
Sorry to correct but it was '95. Didn't run the ATCC at Bathurst in 1994.
you are actually right it's singed stonie94/95 thats where i got mixed up
Old 28 Feb 2005, 09:19 (Ref:1237857)   #53
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
anyone remeber sandown 03 and that beautiful shot of rustys face as he looped the pirtek/havoline falcon at corner one.

then latter in the live cross between rusty and marcos during a safety car" hey rusty, what happened (or words to that effect)... "Ummm.... sorry marcos"

Last edited by peckstar; 28 Feb 2005 at 09:20.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1237861)   #54
buza
Racer

Australia
Warragul Australia
buza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
anyone remeber sandown 03 and that beautiful shot of rustys face as he looped the pirtek/havoline falcon at corner one.

then latter in the live cross between rusty and marcos during a safety car" hey rusty, what happened (or words to that effect)... "Ummm.... sorry marcos"
they almost could of done it again this year with ritter

Last edited by buza; 28 Feb 2005 at 09:25.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1238921)   #55
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we should get Murray Walker on the commentary team. Imagine it, Ingall spinning into the sandtrap at sandown... "spin spin spin, round and round - it looks like ambrose... hold on, if I am very much mistaken, I AM very much mistaken... its Rusell Ingall beaching it in his castrol ford..."
Old 2 Mar 2005, 05:41 (Ref:1239690)   #56
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you can talk like Murray does when you are 80-odd, we might even let you commentate!
Old 2 Mar 2005, 05:55 (Ref:1239695)   #57
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Sandown 2002 when Russell was talking to the commentators during safety car periods.

I love it when he picked up that piece of glass from the floor of the car (both front windows had been smashed by other people hitting him). He showed the glass to the camera, broke it in half, and through it out the driver's window.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1242798)   #58
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Errrmmmmm, did Bill Woods just make a boob of himself durinng the vodafone volleyball piece when he thought his mic was off????
Old 5 Mar 2005, 02:22 (Ref:1242833)   #59
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Errrmmmmm, did Bill Woods just make a boob of himself durinng the vodafone volleyball piece when he thought his mic was off????
Just wish he'd stop doing impressions of Madonna or Britney Spears, with that stupid microphone. GET RID OF IT? what happened to the good ol' boom mike ?
Old 5 Mar 2005, 02:31 (Ref:1242836)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any chance we can get rid of Mick Doohan? He gives 'expert' comments without actually adding any insight at all... and suffers from monotonalitis....

Totally respect the guy for what he can do on a motorcycle... but as a commentator... blah!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 03:10 (Ref:1242861)   #61
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice Mick often asks questions that dont really require an answer... 10 use him because he seems to know a lot of people. Never mind....

I agree with getting rid of those headphone looking microphones. Nothing wrong with a hidden lappell microphone or a boom mic...
Old 5 Mar 2005, 03:13 (Ref:1242863)   #62
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How are the shirts, are they OK?

Sheesh!!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1243235)   #63
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Yes, I thought this was hilarious. Lucky that was all he said though, it could have been a lot worse for all involved.......
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1243240)   #64
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great, so I wasn't hearing things then!!!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1243242)   #65
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went as quick as possible for the remote and whatever button I hit put me on some penguin cartoon. Thank goodness

I remember a few years back while doing the circuit commentary at QR, we got our lines crossed with the Ch10 radio mics.... that could have ended in disaster!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1243243)   #66
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Speaking of hearing things, that signature of yours is a classic Hazza
Old 5 Mar 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1243245)   #67
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know I was dream as Skaiffe actually sounded like he had a personality implant during his interview today.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1243255)   #68
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
I know I was dream as Skaiffe actually sounded like he had a personality implant during his interview today.
Well what could he say really, 30 out of 32 cars picked the wrong tyres
Old 5 Mar 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1243266)   #69
frederick
Rookie

frederick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else start yelling at Crompton and Diffey to "Shut the **** up!" when the car to pit radio was being broadcast
There is a little logo that pops up on the screen and you couldn't hear a damn thing because the local talent was talking thier usual gob****e over the top of it

Infuriating! don't they know that silence is golden!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1243303)   #70
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick
Did anyone else start yelling at Crompton and Diffey to "Shut the **** up!" when the car to pit radio was being broadcast
There is a little logo that pops up on the screen and you couldn't hear a damn thing because the local talent was talking thier usual gob****e over the top of it

Infuriating! don't they know that silence is golden!
I was thinking the same thing.

But I dont want to have a go at Leigh, Neil and co. Im enjoy the channel 10 commentry.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1243516)   #71
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Billy's comment a classic, but a lil prudish IMO.
The bikini was modest by todays standards.
Whoever invented the g string should win a nobel prize for one of the greatest ever gifts to mankind!

As for Diffey, I think I'd rather listen to Bill.
Why the hell don't they offer Brock or Moffat the gig, personally I wanna listen to someone who knows more about the sport than yours truly, not a would be if they could be. If it has to be a non competitor, lets give the dude from SBS a go, he gets a lil excited at times but at least he doesn't bother with a whole lot of shyte for the sake of it like Diffey.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1243651)   #72
MadMarty
Rookie

Australia
Sydney,Australia
MadMarty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big hello to all at 10-10ths.

If Crompton mentions "cut and run" once today my tv will be out the window and I will will have to get GP updates from here.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1243705)   #73
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarty
If Crompton mentions "cut and run" once today my tv will be out the window
Or "the personality of the track"?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 03:52 (Ref:1243975)   #74
SkaifeysGal
Racer

Australia
Medowie
SkaifeysGal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I listened to the commentary, and Leigh sounded pretty good actually, i think Leigh and Neil make a good combination, i think i read somewhere as well, he will be hosting superstars too, Bill must be really taking a backseat this year

Cam, Your a Legend mate!!!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 03:55 (Ref:1243976)   #75
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the camera work was a bit ordinary.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!