Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 30 Sep 2003, 20:57 (Ref:735872)   #51
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerrit
Rossi's flat refusal to ride with that "1" on his bike has annoyed many HRC top brass, and Gibernau won't have any objections at all to using it.

That's what I don't understand. Why would Rossi refuse to ride with the No.1 plate on his bike as reigning champion?:confused:
Old 1 Oct 2003, 06:52 (Ref:736266)   #52
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He likes his 46 better.
It is his fathers old number.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 10:16 (Ref:736439)   #53
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe he also feels that that number 1 gives bad luck?
Just lookd at what happened to Crivillé and Roberts Jr. ...
Old 1 Oct 2003, 11:40 (Ref:736545)   #54
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi still has not signed with honda. he may really go to ducati next year. he doesn't want to announce it until he secures the world title.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 13:05 (Ref:736654)   #55
Gerrit
Racer

Gerrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the latest issue of Motor Sport Aktuell, there are more and more signs that Rossi will be heading to Yamaha.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 13:18 (Ref:736666)   #56
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why Yamaha? hmmm... maybe his plan is to stay one year at Yamaha, and then moves to Ducati after Ducati becomes champ contender coz he doesn't have two year contact with honda!?
Old 11 Oct 2003, 17:48 (Ref:747431)   #57
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi/Honda split looking more and more likely...

From the BBC website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...es/3180802.stm

This quote is interesting:
Quote:
Honda boss Carlo Fiorani admitted on Friday that team had been unable to reach an agreement with their rider.

"We've done everything we can to keep him, but it seems he's set on a change," Fiorani said.
As for possible reasons for wanting a switch; could Rossi's unwillingness to do the Suzuka 8 hour race be one of the reasons for any rift with Honda? (the issue of using the number 46 being another)
Old 15 Oct 2003, 11:07 (Ref:751986)   #58
Gerrit
Racer

Gerrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the latest issue of Motor Sport Aktuell, Rossi will be joining the Gauloises Yamaha team.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 11:11 (Ref:751987)   #59
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Or driving for Ferrari.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 19:50 (Ref:752614)   #60
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An interesting article by former Eurosport commentator Dennis Noyes on Rossi's likely move and the moves it will likely trigger:
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/8482/
Old 18 Oct 2003, 00:27 (Ref:754851)   #61
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
x_dt: thats a great article! thx!
Old 18 Oct 2003, 02:27 (Ref:754880)   #62
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heh ... i like that rossi to test drive for ferrari option.
Old 18 Oct 2003, 11:40 (Ref:755024)   #63
asha
Veteran

So whoever Rossi signs with is going to have to allow him to test drive that beast!

p.s. Max had a test dtive of a ferrari a few years back

Last edited by asha; 18 Oct 2003 at 11:41.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:15 (Ref:756533)   #64
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi may even go to Ducati
From 7 sports

World motorcycle racing champion Valentino Rossi added to the intrigue surrounding his future when he said he might yet ride for Ducati next year.

"Maybe, it's possible [I might be with Ducati], yes," Rossi said last week ahead of the Australian Grand Prix.

Rather than clarify the speculation surrounding his MotoGP deal for 2004, the newly-crowned world champion fuelled the persistent rumours. Rossi has been widely tipped to move to Yamaha for a reported $A17.5 million next season. He rejected Honda's initial offer for next year, but said money was not the issue.

Rossi was unable to expand on the problems involved in re-signing with the Japanese manufacturer, saying it would take "three hours" to explain. It is understood the contract is too restrictive and has too much call on his off-track time. Instead, Rossi's manager has re-written the proposal, for a one-year deal, and presented it to Honda to consider.

"We gave our offer to Honda in Malaysia but they said they need more (time) ... I don't know exactly the situation," Rossi said.

The stalemate has created problems for several other riders, whose immediate futures depend on Rossi - a situation which bemuses the Italian.

"I'm so sorry, I am very sorry but I need to take my decision." Rossi said. "I don't know why somebody is waiting for me - maybe they want my bike. Unfortunately it is not my problem."

Yamaha remains the prime option for the Italian star with its $A17.5 million offer. But it appears Rossi is now able to use Ducati as a bargaining chip in his negotiations between Honda and Yamaha.

Sources close to the teams say Ducati is not so keen to sign Rossi but its major backer, Marlboro, is pushing for him. If Rossi was to move to the Italian marque, it would create political problems and possibly upset the progress made in its debut year with Australian Troy Bayliss and Italian Loris Capirossi.

Bayliss said he was remaining with Ducati next year, while Capirossi has a firm contract with the team. Ducati is to run a satellite team next year with world superbike champion Neil Hodgson and an as-yet unnamed team-mate. That leaves open an option for Rossi to join Ducati without upsetting the Bayliss-Capirossi partnership.

Meanwhile, Rossi said an offer by Ferrari boss Luca de Montezemolo to test a Formula One car was "news to me".
"It is a big surprise, it is not 100 per cent real." Rossi said. "Montezemolo spoke in Italy on one radio station."

Rossi has said previously he plans to switch from bikes to cars in two or three years, but his preference has always been to race in rallies. However, he did not rule out a Formula One test at some stage.

"Maybe it's possible in the future, but it is not easy to drive Formula One cars." Rossi said. "I would [like to] drive a Formula One car in two or three years but we need to understand if I am able to drive the cars, because it is another sport. Maybe I am not fast with the car like I am with the bike."
Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:37 (Ref:756538)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only if Casey Stoner can have the Jeremy Burgess squad tending a Repsol Honda in MotoGP
Old 21 Oct 2003, 05:30 (Ref:757779)   #66
Zinger
Racer

Zinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Money not the issue. Iam affraid not many top competitors in motorsport sway from the almighty dollar. With competitors on different machinery and question marks over who is better the moreeggotistical competitors always suggest the one that earns much more than the others is better.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 06:54 (Ref:757868)   #67
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me but does anyone else hold their breath waiting for Stoner to fall off.I wish it wasn't so but.......
Old 21 Oct 2003, 06:57 (Ref:757869)   #68
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Money isnt the issue. Honda have met all of Valentinos requests as far as money is concerned. The fact that Yamaha and Ducati can pay more isnt why he wants to leave Honda. It is a problem with Rossi carrying 46. Honda want the number one. Yamaha and Ducati have told Rossi he can run number 69 if he pleases and can paint his bike fluro pink.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 09:57 (Ref:758051)   #69
asha
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMan
Yamaha and Ducati have told Rossi he can run number 69 if he pleases and can paint his bike fluro pink.
Now I love to see that!!!

Imagine if rossi changed to another bike and started using the No. 1 plate!!! HAHAHAHA..
now that would upset some folks!!
Old 21 Oct 2003, 12:27 (Ref:758210)   #70
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol ... it could happen ...

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Oct 2003, 22:19 (Ref:758806)   #71
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO Rossi is also after a challenge. He's bored dominating at Honda. I think a lot of people would like to see him on a different, if not inferior, machine.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 09:48 (Ref:759223)   #72
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On cable in Australia Wayne Gardner must have said 20 times Rossi to Yahama - and apparently the #1/#46 plate is an issue - ie Honda want him to use #1.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 10:59 (Ref:759284)   #73
asha
Veteran

mick doohan reluctently said on ten that it seems very likely.

YAY!!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 15:56 (Ref:759707)   #74
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Vale goes to Yamaha, moto gp will become 100 times more interesting than it has been in the last 2 years; i'm very happy about it.
It's a good chance for him to show the world that HE is the champion, not the bike.
Honda of course say the contrary: their chairman claims any anonimous driver can take Vale's bike and do the same.
Let's wait and see.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 21:39 (Ref:761304)   #75
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
If Vale goes to Yamaha, moto gp will become 100 times more interesting than it has been in the last 2 years; i'm very happy about it.
It's a good chance for him to show the world that HE is the champion, not the bike.
Honda of course say the contrary: their chairman claims any anonimous driver can take Vale's bike and do the same.
Let's wait and see.

Yeah, it'd be a bit like MS switching from Benetton to Ferrari and winning the title for them too. Can Rossi do the same on bikes? I'd love to find out. Go Rossi!