Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 7 Sep 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1703858)   #76
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HAVING BEEN AWAY FOR ALF THE DAY I RETURN TO THE THREAD WITH A LONG BELLY LAUGH
1 Miller up yrs !!
2 Dickens up yrs 2 and go find some sheep to roll in the grass with
leave the kid alone he is like the rest of 20 years ago young dumb and full of cerme- ok he is a little petulant im sure with a beer in his hand he is a pleasant chappie with some enthusiasm and an "ology" in engineering that is not required in motorsport (- reminded of that old saying a little knowledge is dangerous ) however with out being rude to the kid he has taken on a real race car and is lacking in background knowledge ie a father who raced for donkey`s yrs or a brother who worked in a semi pro race team or been the goffer for some old fart like us for the past 3 years where he could have learnt a few things
as i said earlier u need a sense of humour as we are all going to rip the p##s out of you at some point and dont take it too much to heart

ok 1 or 2 have been a bit snidey but what do you expect with some of yr responses if u leave yr legs open long enough someone will kick u in da ging gang goolie goolie gosh gosh but firkerm you go play with yr car just think what has been said and chew it over

3 if u want advise just ask u wil get some sensible answers and at times u wil deserve some grief as some of these guys dont get out much
half the guys here know each other which is why u got some verbal

4when are u at brands? this satuday for the sprint?

5 dont leave us we will need some one to play with
Old 7 Sep 2006, 01:00 (Ref:1703868)   #77
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We were all young and stupid once, some of us are old and still stupid. Usually though, people don't go mouthing off like that when they are trying to integrate themselves into a new group of people, regardless of whether they are racing drivers or knitters.
Old 7 Sep 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1704106)   #78
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Steve Lowdon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Dickens, i totally agree,VERY well said...............he's a little too cock sure,he'll learn...........the HARD & expensive way.
Old 7 Sep 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1704386)   #79
ffracer
Rookie

ffracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you guys deserve a medal for being so nice for so long to an unpleasant newbie - Andy's posts have been spot on.

...but the reason I came on is to ask Andydickens if by any chance he is the Andy Dickens who used to race Pre 74 FF1600 in the UK (red/black elden I think) - if so - you were (are?) bloody quick...
Old 7 Sep 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1704394)   #80
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be him then...
Old 7 Sep 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1704438)   #81
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
FFracer.......I must admit,i find it all VERY amusing & as i said,when it comes to the crunch i can't see anybody wanting to help him at all & he is going to learn the hard way & the VERY expensive way.
What i love it is you only have to give him a little bait & he's straight back on with another LONG & tedious story telling us all how good he is.....must say it's the funniest thread thats been on here,bloody good fun.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 06:50 (Ref:1704750)   #82
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Can't be him then...
Thanks for your vote of confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffracer
...but the reason I came on is to ask Andydickens if by any chance he is the Andy Dickens who used to race Pre 74 FF1600 in the UK (red/black elden I think) - if so - you were (are?) bloody quick...
No, I haven't raced in pre-74 FF1600 - I raced mainly in Mono in F.Renault, FVL, TOM's F3, TOM's SuperToyota and F.Ireland under the 'Spawny Whippet' banner. Also odd bits of SEMSEC, Tour Auto, rally and Oz Touring Cars.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1704977)   #83
mrsweety
Racer

mrsweety should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsweety
Looks so mean as well!!! can imagine he looks the part in that MX5 ho ho ho ;-)
Old 8 Sep 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1704986)   #84
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't you think it is time to back away and leave this matter? It has now reached the point where attempts are being made to bait this guy. I don't think that does us any favours at all.
I think it should be declared over. As far as I am concerned if he turns up in a Formula where we are then I am perfectly willing to forget everything that has so far been written and help him if he asks for it.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1704993)   #85
mrsweety
Racer

mrsweety should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
Don't you think it is time to back away and leave this matter? It has now reached the point where attempts are being made to bait this guy. I don't think that does us any favours at all.
I think it should be declared over. As far as I am concerned if he turns up in a Formula where we are then I am perfectly willing to forget everything that has so far been written and help him if he asks for it.
O come on!!! it's Friday!! don't take any of this serious......
Old 8 Sep 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1705005)   #86
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, its definately Friday and the suns warm and alls well. Trouble is, it's like e mails, the words don't always come out the other end quite as the sender intended, especially if the reciever may be feeling a bit sensitive So you may not take it seriously, but................
On a nicer note, who's racing the weelend? the weather forecast is good, so anyone who is could well have a cracking weekend. We aren't out till the following weekend, bet the weather's changed by then. How come in a summer of hosepipe bans atc, we have run on wets more times than we can ever remember in the past.
What's that about sun shining on the righteous?
Old 8 Sep 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1705158)   #87
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Bob,i do think young Trist saw the error of his ways............hence he's gone all quiet.......he'll learn.
And yes,i don't think i've done one race this season were there hasn't been some rain around & like you i'm out next weekend so it will more than likely chuck it down !!
Old 15 Sep 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1711058)   #88
driftwood
Veteran

hello
i popped into see why it was so quiet!!!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1713248)   #89
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Driftwood,i think it's all finally sunk in with young Tristan.......must say like you i DO miss him.!!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1713272)   #90
driftwood
Veteran

lets go sprinting and see him there!!
Old 19 Sep 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1713536)   #91
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
I don't miss him that much...............
Old 19 Sep 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1713902)   #92
Raltracer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dartford, Kent
Raltracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've met the object of your online bullying ..

Hello you snidey lot ... you should be ashamed of yourselves and you need to be told.

Well I've met the object of your online bullying .. and found him and his chums to be intelligent, receptive and enjoying their 1st time out in a well prepared, clean, thoughfully set up 883. The guys got the car around the track, said they learnt a lot and enjoyed themselves.

It rather tedious and pathetic to continue this thread even though yer man you want to goad and bully over the internet has woken up to seeing you for the prats that you are .. and hey take offence .. am I bothered ?

I know of most of you snides .. the cars you drive and how you race .. but I would not want to show you up over the internet .. it just lacks character.

You should meet the man of your derision .. good manners at that time will show you that deriding youth and inexperience and a real desire to be involved is not a good way to attract new people into club motorsport.

But there again none of you snides could be held up as shining examples to attract new people in motorsport, can you ?

10/10th please end this thread its not doing your name or club motorsport any favours.

Posted with reluctance, Raltracer
Old 19 Sep 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1714127)   #93
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Hi,i think one has got the wrong end of the stick........this is what is commonly called a bit of banter........& as they say if you can't take a joke & all that.Adios !!
Old 19 Sep 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1714169)   #94
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
And it's Adios to this thread folks, the nastiness from both sides has gone on for long enough and you have all failed to remember the golden rule...attack the post and not the poster.

Thread closed...