Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Aug 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3286493)   #126
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bob: just finished one lot of blubbing and now got to start again.

How wonderful to think that there are folks around the world interested in me and my progress. Even more incentive to beat this bugger. Which I plan to. Watch this space....
Old 6 Aug 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3286508)   #127
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jan keeps throwing in a 'How's Sheelagh doing, so I keep showing her the thread. That'll double the number of hits from our house!

Keep it up, we'll be very happy to see you back on the circuits soon.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3286555)   #128
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've used up all my "blub"!

I still can't believe how much everyone cares.

We hope to make this year's North Region Hot Pot Supper so I will have to do something, even if just a donation, although I already have some things for the raffle. Just as a "thank you" for all the concern.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3286557)   #129
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
I've used up all my "blub"!

I still can't believe how much everyone cares.
If this were a facebook page, think of the views on here as 'likes' and you'd be about right in the number of people here 'and elsewhere' that are following your progress and sending you wishes and best thoughts!
Old 6 Aug 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3286606)   #130
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
I've gone up to over 13,900 - 200 interested folk in a day! Thank you all.

Currently cooking tea - now nausea has abated I am eating again. Once ate I will go off for another contemplation (ie a fag) about how wonderful you all are.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3288287)   #131
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Just as well I haven't drunk that champagne yet! Another night in "Hotel New Cross" hospital.

We got told we didn't need to stay for blood test results on Friday (9/8) and then within 30mins of getting home we had a phone call telling me to come in for yet another IV infusion! It is "only" about 45 mins drive each way - at least it wasn't an emergency.

So an overnight stay hooked up to a drip (at least they used my Hickman Line) over 6 hrs but then what a palaver on Saturday. Busy AMU ward (Acute Medical Unit - linked to A&E and where they "hold" you until they find a "proper" bed) and I somehow got missed off the doctors' rounds in the morning (they were very busy and understaffed). So, despite asking throughout the day on Saturday, I never got my bloods checked until I asked if I could discharge myself, or told I could go home until about 6:30pm Saturday evening. What a waste of my day, their day, and more importantly I took up a bed which could have been better used. Bill came at visiting time (2.30pm) and then did a "sit-in" protest until we knew what was happening!

So, back onto the revolting tasting supplements and hoping that next week's blood tests are OK! We are learning the lessons......
Old 11 Aug 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3288297)   #132
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
it's not just the orange brigade, racers have you in our thoughts too :-)
Old 11 Aug 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3288332)   #133
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Once ate I will go off for another contemplation (ie a fag) .
Naughty naughty - but I know how hard it is to give up.

When I had my recent scare my consultant said "so when did you give up" .

Needless to say I haven't [as my two boys constantly remind me ]

Chin up and all best wishes

But don't care.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3288429)   #134
paulSenna
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
paulSenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E-cigs worked for me. 40 a day smoker for 30 years, now a vaper. Very easy transition, no desire for tobacco cigarettes at all. Not the supermarket e-cigs but delicious flavoured e-liquids.Worth a try and costs reduced by half!
Old 11 Aug 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3288462)   #135
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
I have an e-fag but it is just not the same. Keeps you going when there's no alternative but when you are hanging around for 12 hours unnecessarily with the opportunity for the real thing........

One day. I have to get through this stuff first, though, and it is a wake-up call.

BTW - I have written this in the dark so I haven't lost that skill, ie being a touch typist. I may still be able to get re-employed, even as a technophobe!
Old 12 Aug 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3289001)   #136
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not join your local patients' panel? You certainly have enough experience (unfortunately). Hope everything gtets sorted for you soon.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3289828)   #137
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
Why not join your local patients' panel?
Alas, Paul, my local hospital is Stafford - hiss, boo, etc.

I have never had any previous problems at "Hotel" New Cross (so named because I've spent so much time there) and when you factor in a very busy acute ward plus the weekend.......... Some would say I'm being too kind, but I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Although getting a cup of tea with my toast rather than 2hrs later would have been appreciated..... But if you only have one trolley, 50 patients and have started at the other end........

At least there were water jugs !
Old 15 Aug 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3290235)   #138
Paul Newns
Veteran

If you can survive Stafford NHS Trust you overcome anything (although I suspect media distortion of the true picture has much to do with its reputation). Maybe Gravel Monkey should go there fore a couple of weeks in preparation for Kilimanjaro?

Seriously, I hope you are feeling much better. Remember, if there's light at the end of the tunnel, GET OFF THE TRACK!
Old 16 Aug 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3290638)   #139
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keep your PMA going Shelagh, it'll get you over the little 'trip hazards'.

Remember there's a dinner date for you and Bill here when you're ready.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3291222)   #140
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Had yet more drips on Thursday so only got home after 8pm (appointment was 10am but had to wait for blood test results). Bill is getting to read a lot of books!

Back on supplements but have to say that I am really feeling a lot better this time, so maybe they are beginning to work at last. Doctor did wonder if I was having too many infusions and so maybe "excreting" the goodness before it had chance to absorb. We will find out tomorrow.

Gosh - isn't life exciting - it all comes down to "poo"!

Not sure if I'll make it to Oulton at all for the Gold Cup so look after Bill for me as he will be there Sat/Sun. I don't make a good spectator so I don't want to cramp his style!

And to Steve & Laura - that dinner date is definitely on the cards. We will have to plan a weekend "up north" without any motor racing. And we know where to take you.....
Old 21 Aug 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3292260)   #141
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Blood results are on the up so no more drips at the moment on that count. Mind you, it took another long time at the hospital to sort that out. Still on supplements - chewable tablets, it is like eating chalk!

Herceptin continues, number 6 of 18 coming up so at least that will be 1/3rd of the way through. Having the same effect as last time so maybe those shares in Andrex and Kleenex might be worth buying after all!

My lovely long fingernails are crumbling away although the varnish has retained the "pink" bits so at least I still have "nails". Trying to get into some of the pill bottles is enough to break them off!

And although the hair is starting to grow back it is doing so extremely slowly. I still have a lovely skull, it just feels a bit more furry but not by much. And looking a bit too grey, or should that be "baby blonde"?
Old 21 Aug 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3292513)   #142
Paul Newns
Veteran

Does that make you look like a meercat?

Glad the results were promising. I'm not sure I need to know too many details about the side effects, though!
Old 27 Aug 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3294668)   #143
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
So glad we popped into Oulton yesterday, although a shame that the lunch break was cancelled as we'd timed it in the hope of seeing more of you than we did.

But it was still lovely to see the folks we did manage to meet up with (mainly in race control), including Margaret Simpson, Nadine, Judy Spinks, Dave Williams and the rescue crews who arrived en masse for their lunches! Here's a scary thought: Simon Morrell has more hair than me at the moment! Mind you, most people have more hair than me at the moment - growth seems to have stalled.

We paid our subs for the HotPot Supper, so that will be a good opportunity to meet up with those we didn't see yesterday.

And thank you to all those who sent their best wishes via Bill on Saturday and Sunday. It is much appreciated.

We weren't there for very long and didn't do too much walking around but I still felt rather tired when we left. However, I feel fine today after a good night's sleep so maybe I have "turned the corner" and all the c*** is finally getting out of the system. Fingers crossed.

PS: My PC has gone back to having a white background on the Marshals Forum (seems OK elsewhere). It has done it before and I can't remember how to get the "normal" background back. I told you I was a technophobe. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Shelagh; 27 Aug 2013 at 11:41.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3294675)   #144
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
I forgot to say "thank you" to Margaret for providing me with an Oulton Park "60th" sew-on badge, despite me not having been to Oulton all year until yesterday. It was much appreciated and is a typical gesture of the lady.

Now, if only I could have persuaded her to do the sewing-on as well..... Or should we do a Tom Dooley and staple it on instead? (Tom had used two staples to attach the patch onto his shirt - will it catch on?)
Old 28 Aug 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3295067)   #145
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
So glad we popped into Oulton yesterday, although a shame that the lunch break was cancelled as we'd timed it in the hope of seeing more of you than we did.
Sorry I missed you on Monday; I did see Mick Dickens, which was, I suppose, some sort of consolation!

Quote:
Now, if only I could have persuaded her to do the sewing-on as well.....
Don't take it personally -I made the same request & was refused! She did say that some brave soul had got a badge on Sunday & appeared with it sewn on on Monday . . . that's dedication!

As for your colour problem, scroll down to the bottom of the page & at the left-hand side of the bar where it says "contact us" you'll see a drop-down menu box. Select "10-tenths liquid" & that will get you back to the default skin.

See you at the Hot-Pot Supper!
Old 28 Aug 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3295082)   #146
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Dave - you are a star! Thank you xxx
Old 1 Sep 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3297275)   #147
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
We made it to the Eccleshall Show yesterday but ended up having our picnic lunch in the living room sitting on the sofa having come back! I ran out of steam but we did get there before 10am so we got to park the Mini in amongst the classic car displays.

We saw John & Audrey Watt and had a good natter, so that was nice. They are local so we usually see them. Bloxham should have been there but we didn't see him.

And Shelagh won a coconut on the coconut shy!!! First ball was very wussy (Bill's comment - "even if you'd hit it you wouldn't have knocked it off"), so I proved him wrong with ball number 2. I'm not sure who was more surprised - him or me! Said coconut was donated to a good home, as was the tin of baked beans I won on a tombola!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:32 (Ref:3297634)   #148
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Bloxham should have been there but we didn't see him.
We saw him at Donington yesterday :-)
Old 2 Sep 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3297691)   #149
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Jeff did say that if he had a better offer.....
Old 2 Sep 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3297758)   #150
Paul Newns
Veteran

How are John and Audrey? I haven't seen them since Dick Fraser's funeral.