Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 11 Sep 2002, 21:10 (Ref:378291)   #1
Irene
Rookie

Irene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9-11-01 Remembering.....

*Sept.11,2001** One year later,and the pain continues. So many innocent people had their lives drastically changed forever. We will never forget those lost due to the senseless acts of 9-11. And to the sweat adn tears of rescuers..America Salutes You!!

I wrote this last year..right after all this happened.

Remember those who lost their lives and their loved ones....9-11-01

I wrote this a year ago and never shared it.....
Fires still burns where terror struck
Smoke still hovers in the skies
But let the world make no mistake
The Eagle still proudly flies

The rescue and clean up have begun
Each continuing till the end
As presidents and politicans
Separate enemies from friends

As a Nation shocked and saddened
we prepare ourselves for war
And noone has a single doubt
What we are fighting for

Flags have vanished off store shelves
To reappear most everywhere
Antennas' porches. and billboards
As America shows the world we care

The country has come together
In a way we have never before
As shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand
We face what the future has in store

Waving flags and singing anthems
With candles shining near and far
The "United States" is suddenly
Exactly what we are

Old Glory flies above us
the Eagle soars higher still
Noone else in the world
Can match our courage and our will

Ahead lies much uncertainty
Many more may loose their lives
But one tihng there is no doubt
AMERICA WILL SURVIVE!

9-11-01 A day that will live in our hearts and memorys forever!
Old 11 Sep 2002, 23:12 (Ref:378378)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done! Thanks for sharing that.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 23:41 (Ref:378388)   #3
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thkx Irene...
I wrote this one today...

One Year Later

One year later, I still cry for my son & daughter. No parent ever wants to out live their children.

It's one year later & I still cry for you my love. I'll never forget the last kiss you gave to me before you left for work that day.

It's one year later & I still cry myself to sleep every night. I miss you mom & dad.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 23:52 (Ref:378391)   #4
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amen Irene

Very well written Irene.

A year later and my heart is still heavy for all those who suffered and died, I am still angry that we were attacked in such a cowardly manner by people who are now trying to hide, they refuse to answer for their actions but one day they will. Justice will be served.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 00:58 (Ref:378420)   #5
Irene
Rookie

Thanks guys!

Terry great job also!
Old 12 Sep 2002, 14:04 (Ref:378784)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget the millions of victims of American atrocities in the Middle East and Africa though, 3000 isn't many in the great scheme of things, malnutrition kills that many African children every day
Old 12 Sep 2002, 14:46 (Ref:378816)   #7
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey BootsOntheSide ... i feel sorry for you.

God Bless America and all the families that lost someone.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 14:52 (Ref:378822)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Jesus said "The poor you will always have with you." You could have helped these people at any time and obviously you chose not to. So you are the guilty one.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Irene and Lars.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 15:11 (Ref:378841)   #9
Irene
Rookie

Bootsontheside....

the africa thing is horrible...

But we were attacked and our people were killed adn u call over 3,000 people not many.....those 3,000 were someones mother , father, sister, brother, so why dont you try saying that to them. This was by far horrible! I am sorry that you feel differently. But have a heart!
Old 12 Sep 2002, 16:15 (Ref:378899)   #10
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"In the great scheme of things", every single person is important, especially if you are that person. I am very dissapointed in your comment "BootsOntheSide and appreciate the comments and sympathy of EVERYONE ELSE.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 20:17 (Ref:379044)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All the points people have made in response to my comments are true, of course 3000 needless deaths of (mostly) innocent individuals is tragic, but so are (for a start) the deaths of at least 3000 innocent Afghans, none of whom had any involvement in the terror attacks, and just represented scapegoats.

America has not yet truly woken up to how many in the world, especialyl the Arab world, views it as a villanous superpower with meddling foreign policy, especially the shameful behaviour of its politics towars the Palestinians (when an individual Palestinian feels his situation is so desperate, his whole life controlled by Israeli presence in hand which is rightfully his, and takes his own life along with others, there is condemnation; when the Israeli Gvoernment responds in kind, the US endorses this terrorism).

War with Iraq would be wrong too. The last one caused at least 1 million Iraqis to die, and didn't even remove Saddam.

September 11 happened. People have not looked enough at why, and how to prevent it happening again. The same gung-ho, The-US-is-the-world-so-you-f***ing-obey-us, attitudes have continued.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 23:15 (Ref:379146)   #12
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boots-EAT ROCKS. You're just miffed that you all don't own us & we kicked your butts out long ago. Sorry- We ain't your colonies.

So back to the INTENDED topic here.

My observations of 9-11

It was a day- Like any other day. I got up & took my kid to school. There were small flags lining the school drive. The kids all walked into the school- maybe a bit more somber than usual.

I returned home & watched a service on the TV. They were reading all the names of the victems who had died in the tradegy. I listened to the names for the 2 friends that I never heard from after that day. There were far too many names being read for me to hear theirs being called out.

I heard a low flying fighter jet flying over my neighborhood. This was unusual. I felt the presence of our armed services.

I went to work- after all- Life does go on. The city that I work in- had lined all the streets with flags & it was an awesome sight. During the day- I saw many police cars, & even the firemen were out driving their trucks on the streets. I felt it comforting. They were making thier presence known.

The day proceded as normal. I worked, I ate, I came home & worked some more. Life does go on. In the end- when it all comes out of the wash- this event made us a much more stronger people. The opposite that the aggressors intended.

Rest in peace to my friends Richard & Robert. You are missed & remembered. If there can be SOME good brought out from your deaths- it was that it made us a stronger people. More caring & more thoughtful. Life does go on- but it will never be forgotten.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 23:55 (Ref:379173)   #13
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoa....TheBeerBaron. Boots does not represent all of the U.K. with her/his thinking. The U.K. & the U.S. are great allies and I hope that it will always remain that way. The ties have endured for many a year and with good reason.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 02:47 (Ref:379228)   #14
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm closing this thread now...it is/was a tribute to those fallen on 9/11/01...not a political debate.