Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 30 Mar 2004, 21:21 (Ref:924467)   #1
scottt
Rookie

scottt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brdc stickers

i am trying to track down some stickers to go onto my 1985 trimoco (btcc) touring car,that i am restoring.i have tryed e-mailing them and phoneing but to no joy...
also has any body got any footage or history on these cars ??,were raced by richard longman and datapost racing (yes i have spock to him)
Old 30 Mar 2004, 21:23 (Ref:924473)   #2
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only way you can get stickers is to join the club (not easy!)
I presume the same rules apply to BRDC stickers as to their badges - any member selling them gets drummed out of the club
Old 31 Mar 2004, 08:49 (Ref:924936)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Scott . . .the BRDC is memebership by invertation only, so I guess memorabilia etc is in the same category, as for membership, like many of us, stick it on the wish list and hope you acheive something relevant!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 10:04 (Ref:925001)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scott

Are you doing a restoration based on the appearance of the car when a particular BRDC driver owned/drove it? If so I guess that the BRDC might well look more favourably on your project.

Regards

Jim
Old 11 Apr 2004, 22:19 (Ref:936794)   #5
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea what copyright infringements I have committed along the way but first I took a period photo of my car to a graphic artist who then drew up all the stickers onto a CD for me.

I then went to a sign writer for the simple ones and the badges, such as the one you refer to I took to a screen printer. The latter was very expensive!

I have found the BRDC very helpful in the past. However all my stickers are adverts, and none are for exclusive clubs! I imagine if are doing as Jim suggests it might be worth another phone call, but I fear David is correct.

Andrew

Last edited by Andrew Fellowes; 11 Apr 2004 at 22:22.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 15:50 (Ref:937356)   #6
scottt
Rookie

no joy with the brdc and as for copyrights,i've had to sign a contract with the royal mail to enable me to use the "datapost" wording...its getting there
Old 12 Apr 2004, 16:03 (Ref:937373)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Scott.

What are you intending to do with the car?
Old 12 Apr 2004, 16:17 (Ref:937384)   #8
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Fellowes
I have no idea what copyright infringements I have committed along the way but first I took a period photo of my car to a graphic artist who then drew up all the stickers onto a CD for me.

. . .
Lots of them.

Regards

Jim
Old 12 Apr 2004, 18:11 (Ref:937457)   #9
scottt
Rookie

just going to use the car for shows and stuff,might get it featured in a couple of mags,will be on parade with the proper race car at the rs owners club national day.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 05:04 (Ref:937851)   #10
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JimW
Lots of them.

Regards

Jim
Excellent! How much should I charge them?

Last edited by Andrew Fellowes; 13 Apr 2004 at 05:04.