Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 12 Apr 2003, 06:18 (Ref:566998)   #1
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car Stickers

With all the merchandise available at meetings it always amazes me that there aren't any car stickers to be had. We get big foam hands and mints in manufacturer badged tins thrust upon us, stupidly priced clothing, toys, prints, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. But none of that is any good to me. I've bought the odd keyfob but all I ever want is a simple BTCC associated car window sticker. Is it too much to ask?

I was lucky enough to get a limited edition BTCCPages sticker sent to me in the post when a calendar order fell through as a sweetner and it is very proudly displayed... but a VXR sticker would go very well in my rear window.....

Anyone else got any ideas for "useful" memorabilia of our days out?
Old 12 Apr 2003, 09:11 (Ref:567066)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got an MG X-Power tax disc holder in my, er, Ford...

I've also got a few of the X-Power black stickers - Think the idea of them is to stick them on the outside of your car though I daren't!
Old 12 Apr 2003, 09:17 (Ref:567069)   #3
KPC
Racer

England
Yeah, I got one of those.... stuck it on my locker at work as I kept on trying to open unmarked rows of grey doors nearby. As I think I'm the only touring car bod out of 200 officer's and have the only BTCC cup, I don't think anyone is in any allusion ast to whom it belongs to.... but I'd rather have a Vauxhall one myself.

Was a Ford man once upon a time myself, but after my Mark 3 1600 GT Cortina nothing else would do the job. So I became a Rover man briefly before discovering the joys of a Vauxhall... and there I've stayed.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 06:35 (Ref:568773)   #4
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a 'Follow that car - Team Halfords' sticker. I think I got it from Croft.

Now that I've actually got a car (!), I'll be on the look-out for more car things.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:15 (Ref:568820)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
You can get giant foam hands? I've never seen those!

runny does it actually have to be an "official" window sticker? You can get window sticker paper for most colour inkjet printers and we've had some fun creating our own window stickers with those!
Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:30 (Ref:568825)   #6
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that you can get X-Power Windscreen stickers for your ZS....

Except I'm not going to kev my ZS180 up at all...
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:35 (Ref:569244)   #7
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can get car stickers from certain web sites if you know where to look
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:45 (Ref:569259)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
What sort of thing are you after? If you don't mind things not that current I could probably source some AA.com/BFGoodridge door number panels, tocatour number plate stickers and the like.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:53 (Ref:569266)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nigel, that sounds like an excellent contribution to the prize package on offer to the winner of the forum's prediction competition...!

PS Any chance of a tocatour.com number plate sticker for my car? I have to go into the congestion zone later this week and it could be useful...
Old 14 Apr 2003, 18:07 (Ref:569281)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
You do realise that if you drive around with a tocatour.com sticker over the numberplate you're likely to get stopped by the old bill. Just ask a certain BTCC team manager who got pulled over at Knockhill last year.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 18:15 (Ref:569295)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Really? I thought that it was quite normal to Barry your car up to make it look nothing remotely like a touring car. There's a quite bizaare Primera which turns up at some BTCC races covered in stickers which, I think, are supposed to make it look like the old Team Dynamics Nissan. But it failed miserably! Sorry, did I just go off on a rant?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 18:17 (Ref:569296)   #12
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the number of speed cameras between Knockhill and Edinburgh, can you blame him for tying though?
Old 15 Apr 2003, 22:33 (Ref:570595)   #13
AdamED
Racer

AdamED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are too many
Old 30 Apr 2003, 11:18 (Ref:584848)   #14
KPC
Racer

England
Well, I'm back from Ireland at last... racing and family things were to be had and have moved house too.

Anyway, wasn't Mondello totally depressing on the merchandise front? All I bought was a MP golfing umbrella to keep me dry... first umbrella I've ever owned in fact, but my camera was having difficulties.....

I was given an MG leaflet on about 60 occasions though and even found back-ups on my windscreen just in case I hadn't enough!!

Excellent track for spectators isn't it!!
Old 30 Apr 2003, 16:08 (Ref:585242)   #15
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there's a market for such stickers as sponsors, door numbers,etc.. and the like. It's too bad organizers aren't willing to sell them. OTOH, do organizers want such stuff being sold outside of the track????

Perhaps, it be bad PR if some kid with a tocatour door number sticker street races and kills someone?
Old 30 Apr 2003, 17:45 (Ref:585345)   #16
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss not having the little car sticker - have about 3 years worth on the car now.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 20:20 (Ref:585573)   #17
Griffin
Rookie

Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too would love some VXR stuff to go in my first car (a Vauxhall, of course!)
Old 1 May 2003, 20:24 (Ref:586660)   #18
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KPC
All I bought was a MP golfing umbrella to keep me dry...
Who was on it? Tony Blair? Ian Duncan-Smith? Paddy Ashdown?
Old 1 May 2003, 22:26 (Ref:586814)   #19
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is Car Stickers are good, but they cost money too. Would you want to pay for a BTCC related Car Sticker? If so how much?

I am looking into a project to produce some Car Stickers, Tax Disc Holders and other bits and bobs. But it all comes down to cost.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 3 May 2003, 18:01 (Ref:588608)   #20
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a few Audi A4 Window stickers if anyone wants one??? I have a picture of it too, so e-mail me if your interested! When I say I have a few, I mean a few!..e-mail: sparkxracinguk@aol.com and please make the `subject` car stickers.
Old 3 May 2003, 20:11 (Ref:588688)   #21
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
You can get giant foam hands? I've never seen those!
Vauxhall give them out. I have 2. Keep your hands warm
Old 7 May 2003, 18:58 (Ref:592697)   #22
KPC
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally posted by btccnews
The thing is Car Stickers are good, but they cost money too. Would you want to pay for a BTCC related Car Sticker? If so how much?

I am looking into a project to produce some Car Stickers, Tax Disc Holders and other bits and bobs. But it all comes down to cost.
Why not do a poll? I would obviously be interested. As I said in my opener, I got a BTCCPages window sticker when a calendar order fell through in 2001 and it proudly sits discreetly in the back window of my Cavalier. I also have a Brands tax disc holder but would gladly swap it for something a bit more touringcaree. A couple of quid a piece is reasonable. Keyrings and all the usuals would be good also.

Now, I am of an age and live in an even older house, that does not allow for lairy posters. Discreet is what I like. For example, I solved the age old autograph problem at Mondello by getting the drivers to sign a Bank of Ulster £20 note. I now have it framed and hanging and it looks fine and dandy. It's also a shame that the available merchandise is limited and the manufacturer clothing costs an arm and a leg... which is fine if you can afford it without rsorting to going without food for the month. So window stickers, keyfobs, etc, etc etc would, I should imagine, find a market. Did the cups do well I wonder? I have two and my bruv has one that goes black when not in use. Umbrellas, there's another one. Anyone any more ideas?
Old 7 May 2003, 20:40 (Ref:592817)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally, I don't see the point in paying somebody for a product that's advertising their site/services etc. If there handing them out free (like MG did to me) then fair enough, I'll use them.
Old 7 May 2003, 20:56 (Ref:592850)   #24
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've still got about a dozen Egg hats from Donnington last year.... I wouldn't pay for them though!
Old 7 May 2003, 21:29 (Ref:592904)   #25
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I know what you mean. I'm frigtened it rains and they fall to bits...nothing compared to a good Team PSP cap