Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Feb 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3210237)   #301
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Hopefully it's a LM24 entry we loose, and not a WEC entry.
Indeed.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3211308)   #302
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
DSC reporting that Extreme Speed Motorsport are selling ONE of their Ferraris in 2013 spec. Only ONE of their cars. So this sounds like they're still keeping one car in 2012 spec to take to Le Mans.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3211905)   #303
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You would think that it will be a Tucker/Franchitti/Briscoe driver lineup for Le Mans on Michelin tires. That is defiantly going to be a favorite for the class win.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3211915)   #304
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be great to see Briscoe back in prototype and to make his Le Mans debut.

I've not really been keeping up with the IndyCar off-season. Is he definitely out of a drive?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 05:06 (Ref:3212061)   #305
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I've not really been keeping up with the IndyCar off-season. Is he definitely out of a drive?
Looking more and more likely with each passing day, I suspect he might get a one-off drive at Indy and that's about it, and that would release the Le Mans test day and race weekend in his schedule.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3212156)   #306
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm looking forward to seeing the full list of drivers when that's released, because I bet there'd be enough talent there to replace all the questionable pay drivers in F1.

Davidson, Buemi, Senna, Di Grassi and potentially Kobayashi as well...there's probably more of an overlap in driving talent with F1 than at any other point since the turn of the milllenium.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3212177)   #307
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the full list of drivers when that's released, because I bet there'd be enough talent there to replace all the questionable pay drivers in F1.

Davidson, Buemi, Senna, Di Grassi and potentially Kobayashi as well...there's probably more of an overlap in driving talent with F1 than at any other point since the turn of the milllenium.
While I still think Daytona will edge Le Mans this year in terms of pure star driver talent, I have to agree it's a strong field. The arms race for GTE and P2 drivers is really contributing to greater strength in depth. Certainly in P2.

One thing entry list related to come out of MWM last night was that it seems the #98 Aston crew appear to be nailed on to make the race. So that opens up the questions a) who is dropping out and b) who will be driving that car with three seats open?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3212183)   #308
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
While I still think Daytona will edge Le Mans this year in terms of pure star driver talent, I have to agree it's a strong field. The arms race for GTE and P2 drivers is really contributing to greater strength in depth. Certainly in P2.

One thing entry list related to come out of MWM last night was that it seems the #98 Aston crew appear to be nailed on to make the race. So that opens up the questions a) who is dropping out and b) who will be driving that car with three seats open?
a) My guess would be AF Corse downsizing to a single GTE-Am car or ESM pulling their entry.
b) Craft Racing AMR gentleman drivers from the Dubai 24?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3212198)   #309
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
a) My guess would be AF Corse downsizing to a single GTE-Am car or ESM pulling their entry.
b) Craft Racing AMR gentleman drivers from the Dubai 24?
Good shout on the Craft Racing. Would be great to see more Asian entrants. And that colour scheme preferably.

I was also wondering whether we might see Andrew Howard do it and bring Beechdean branding back to Le Mans. Maybe even with Aston's reserve driver Daniel McKenzie?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3212417)   #310
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
We could also add Jonny Adam to the reserve AM Aston mix it seems:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-16197.html
Old 28 Feb 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3212420)   #311
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Would be great to see Briscoe back in prototype and to make his Le Mans debut.

He's reached the point of practically whoring himself out to anyone.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3212731)   #312
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
"Important announcement" to be made by the ACO at Le Mans next week at 11:30 am CET. Any bets on what that will be?
Old 1 Mar 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3212734)   #313
BMWFan56
Rookie

BMWFan56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"Important announcement" to be made by the ACO at Le Mans next week at 11:30 am CET. Any bets on what that will be?
BMW RLL added to the entry list?? I know, I know, I'm dreaming.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3212787)   #314
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Pretty intrigued by this. You'd assume it's good news as you wouldn't plug a bad news piece?

Building work? Dream for me would be more pits for 2014. New sportscar entry?

No idea.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3212798)   #315
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Wee after all the build up to the nissan electric G56 i am not holding my breath for anything really big
Old 1 Mar 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3212800)   #316
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO
How about an all-star sprint race? Let's say, a 60-minute sunset race at Abu Dhabi in December, with a mid-race driver change. Even better: a 60-minute LMP2 and GTE-Am race at 18:00, and another at 19:00 for LMP1 and GTE-Pro.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3212801)   #317
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Wee after all the build up to the nissan electric G56 i am not holding my breath for anything really big
Seems like maybe the ACO are taking a leaf out of Nissan's book and milking the announcement. It makes perfect sense really. Like others I just hope it's something good.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3212818)   #318
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
ESM withdrawns from GTE-Am, 5th Aston Martin (1st GT reserve) is in!

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/wi...orts_9954.html
Old 1 Mar 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3212823)   #319
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Coach beat me to it.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3212824)   #320
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not a surprise I suppose.

The most intriguing thing is that Aston have received permission to switch the entry to a GT PRO car!

So in terms of the overall GT fight it's a net gain I suppose. So who will the drivers be?
Old 1 Mar 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3212827)   #321
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Stuart Hall is listed as designated driver. Perhaps Johnny Adam and Danny McKenzi (official AM reserve drivers) as well although they might end up in one of the Am cars.

GTE-Pro
#97 Turner-Bell?-Dumbreck?
#98 Hall-Adam?-McKenzi?
#99 Mucke-Senna?-Makowiecki?

GTE-Am
#95 Simonsen-Nygaard-Poulsen
#96 Goethe-Campbell Walter?-?

And Dalla Lana + Johnson + Lamy, the crew of the second Sebring car could also be in the running.

Last edited by Coach Ep; 1 Mar 2013 at 18:29.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3212829)   #322
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Should put Damian Faulkner in it .
Old 1 Mar 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3212839)   #323
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Stuart Hall is listed as designated driver. Perhaps Johnny Adam and Danny McKenzi (official AM reserve drivers) as well although they might end up in one of the Am cars.

GTE-Pro
#97 Turner-Bell?-Dumbreck?
#98 Hall-Adam?-McKenzi?
#99 Mucke-Senna?-Makowiecki?

GTE-Am
#95 Simonsen-Nygaard-Poulsen
#96 Goethe-Campbell Walter?-?

And Dalla Lana + Johnson + Lamy, the crew of the second Sebring car could also be in the running.

I think Hall is confirmed now as moved to the #96. He was just on the #98 as a place-holder.

I don't really see why you'd put AM guys like McKenzie into a PRO car when you could just leave it as AM and perhaps pick up a result.

Could this be where David Brabham finally pops up? More scope for some one-off drives here so let's see.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3212842)   #324
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
I think Hall is confirmed now as moved to the #96. He was just on the #98 as a place-holder.
Not according to this updated entry list... http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2013.pdf
Old 1 Mar 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3212847)   #325
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Not according to this updated entry list... http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2013.pdf
Hall is the name against the entry but I don't think that list takes into account the driver announcement Aston made. They've basically just done a copy and paste job unless Aston have switched things back round.

EDIT: No mention of any driver in this release: http://www.astonmartin.com/en/racing...2-ff00007a0a98

Elsewhere SRT have confirmed their line-ups (so that list needs changing again).

Goossens/Farnbacher/Dalziel
Kendall/Wittmer/Bomarito
http://www.srtmotorsports.com/news/p...er-lineup.html

Makes perfect sense to have a 'lead' car with the faster guys in.

Last edited by Simmi; 1 Mar 2013 at 19:03.