Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Nov 2001, 07:58 (Ref:178638)   #1
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First timers in 2002

So who does everybody think will get their first career wins next season. I would not be surprised if Kimi ended up winning a race or two. Although I question how much of a factor that Mclaren will be in the WC fight, I still think they will be able to contend for wins occasionally.

If Renault turns out to be as good as everyone is suggesting they will be, then I wouldn't be against Trulli or Button winning a race either.

The one who I really want to see win a race, though is Fisichella. Sadly though, I don't see it happening.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 08:09 (Ref:178639)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only new winner we will likely to be seeing in 2002 will be Kimi Raikkonen, but McLaren-Mercedes will have to come up with a good package before that happens. However, I don't join the chorus of 'McLaren are going downhill.' IMO, McLaren had an off-season in 2001, watch them come back in 2002! (NB I am NOT a McLaren fan)

Like you RD, I would like to see Fisichella win a race for Jordan, mainly just to stick two fingers up at Briatore and the Renault crew as if 'if you'd given me this package, this is what I would have done.' Honda will be doing their homework over the winter, and no doubt the Hamidy-designed Jordan will be a potent weapon.

Like I've been saying since his non-signing, nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Heidfeld take a win for Sauber. 1. because it would give Sauber even more confidence, and prove just sometimes miracles can happen. 2. give even more credit to Heidfeld's anger at not being signed by McLaren by winning in a Sauber!! 3. I want to see Nick win

However, the only scenario that has the most chance of happening is the first.

Last edited by f1manoz; 25 Nov 2001 at 08:09.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 16:24 (Ref:179032)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I'm going to stick my neck out and say Jenson Button will get his first win next year. Don't ask me why because the idea defies logic, I'm just a sentimental old Jenson fan *sighs*
Old 27 Nov 2001, 11:10 (Ref:179305)   #4
Wiki
Racer

Wiki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Like I've been saying since his non-signing, nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Heidfeld take a win for Sauber. 1. because it would give Sauber even more confidence, and prove just sometimes miracles can happen. 2. give even more credit to Heidfeld's anger at not being signed by McLaren by winning in a Sauber!! 3. I want to see Nick win
TOTALLY agree with you on this one - and can I add in the proviso that Nick needs to win his race before Kimi wins one, just to truly add salt into wounds.

I'd love for the Jordan miracle to happen too ... Both for EJ and Fisi's sake. Even if it was a race of attrition it would still be such a treat to see yellow on top of the podium
Old 27 Nov 2001, 11:18 (Ref:179308)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... I don't see anyone out of the big four winning races next year.

If Renault get the edge, it will be for the 5th and 6th places. I believe that only in 2003 they can reach the top...
Old 27 Nov 2001, 15:47 (Ref:179380)   #6
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A BAR winning? Pleasepleaseplease???

Okay, okay, how about... a decent engine, chassis and aerodynamics package? Then we'll be on the right lines. And hopefully a Honda buyout to boot?

Yeah... in my dreams.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 15:55 (Ref:179383)   #7
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I don't even see Raikonnen wining in his first year with Mercedes. We seem to forget that Hakkinen and Coulthard are the best of the best, it will not be easy for Kimi to make that extra stepp up. By the way I am a Nick fan also.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 16:15 (Ref:179390)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome Attila.

I can't see Kimi winning next year too... but who knows.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 17:32 (Ref:179426)   #9
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Santa,

I'd really like to see Kimi win. And Jenson. I really hope that BAR do well and win sometime too. And I hope Sato doesn't (should be quite safe there I think).

I'm not really too worried about Fisi, and I hope that Arrows sign Bernoldi and Frentzen, because I don't think Jos is that good. Even though I've never seen Frentzen overtake anyone, once, ever, in his entire career to date. I hope Renault do well, and McLaren, and I hope Ferarri are third. And I hope both Williams' go well, and that Jordan fire both their drivers and get some decent ones. And I'd like Eddie Irvine to win a race, and also PDLR to do well too. And because I live in the same town as Minardi, I hope they go well too. Oh, and I like the Sauber team, so I hope they go well. And I hope EMTV buy the rest of Bernie's stake, and someone stands on him once and for all.

And, and, and... (this could go on for some time!)

It's not too much to ask for, is it?
Old 28 Nov 2001, 07:45 (Ref:179659)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see any drivers getting their first wins next year but if one's going to do it i'd think it will be Raikonnen.