Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1939639)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An open letter to the people of this forum...

Dear Sir or Madam,

I can't understand some of the stuff that happens on this forum. While many of us are interested in what is happening in relation to V8 Supercars, ie the racing, the drivers, and the technology, there are, usually, a select few who maintain certain perceptions which I for one view am growing increasingly tired of.

While many of us wish to discuss the various events relating to a V8 Supercar meeting, others feel that many events that happened in the race are unfair towards other competitors. I'm not here to discuss whether or not people should have been black flagged, or stopped, but I am here as a member of Ten-Tenths who is getting fed up with reading comments posted in virtually every thread about how someone is being favourised instead of someone else.

There are also certain members who never seem to be happy with the level of broadcasting that Channel Seven and Channel 10 produced. While I'm not saying this shouldn't be discussed, I'm saying it could be contained to a single thread where those who don't wish to read it don't have to instead of such comments appearing in nearly every thread within which an interesting discussion is being had.

There are many good people in this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and they are of course allowed to state their opinions, but there comes a point when other people know how you feel about HRT/HSVDT, and they know your thoughts on Channel Seven and Channel 10's broadcasting, and, while I don't speak for anyone but myself, I don't think you need to express such opinions in threads which have no relevance to your point.

I hope people can take this in good faith. This is not an attack at anyone, I and I hope that no-one holds anything against me as a consequence of this.

-Joshua
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1939659)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here here chatts .
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1939660)   #3
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all your good intent, the views or bias of others is unlikely to change. The best thing you can do is activate the "IGNORE USER" feature to stop certain users comments from showing in threads you are viewing.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1939664)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
the only thing with that is you miss the good stuff they post, IMO you have to take the good with the bad.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1939670)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
You could always report posts you feel are "Off topic" and let the mods deal with them as needed.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1939696)   #6
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
For all your good intent, the views or bias of others is unlikely to change. The best thing you can do is activate the "IGNORE USER" feature to stop certain users comments from showing in threads you are viewing.
What and miss the rantings of Deeks6 I get my best laughs from his one blue eyed views.Between Deeks & TSR they can turn any thread into a HRT/HSVT/WP/Skaife/R kelly bash.I normally read the Group C/A where are they now thread.I find it amazing how much knowledge members have on these old cars and they were before HRT so no rantings about HRT or TW.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1939751)   #7
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro
What and miss the rantings of Deeks6 I get my best laughs from his one blue eyed views.Between Deeks & TSR they can turn any thread into a HRT/HSVT/WP/Skaife/R kelly bash..
Don't forget Billy Bigtime

I totally agree though about having to read the same garbage in every single thread. It really gets a bit old after a while.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1939777)   #8
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz
Don't forget Billy Bigtime
Thankyou, I was feeling lonely and unloved
Old 17 Jun 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1939780)   #9
Bigem
Rookie

Bigem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what your saying Chatters is that you want everyone to blow wind up V8Supercars arses and ignore the things that question the whole outfits integrity. You want everyone to agree with your point of view as its all rose jam and cream pies! And, you want everyone to stop picking on poor old Team Cheaters!! Maybe in a perfect world, but not in V8Supercar land mate. I always thought that a discussion forum was just that, a place to discuss things you do and dont like?? It looks to me that there is more that dont like whats happening in V8s than there are that do at the moment. Perhaps you could start a "Whats positive in V8s" thread like V8C have going. Unfortuantely, the "negatives" are winning hands down!! Funny that! Nice try though!!
Old 17 Jun 2007, 11:50 (Ref:1939782)   #10
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem
So what your saying Chatters is that you want everyone to blow wind up V8Supercars arses and ignore the things that question the whole outfits integrity. You want everyone to agree with your point of view as its all rose jam and cream pies! And, you want everyone to stop picking on poor old Team Cheaters!! Maybe in a perfect world, but not in V8Supercar land mate. I always thought that a discussion forum was just that, a place to discuss things you do and dont like?? It looks to me that there is more that dont like whats happening in V8s than there are that do at the moment. Perhaps you could start a "Whats positive in V8s" thread like V8C have going. Unfortuantely, the "negatives" are winning hands down!! Funny that! Nice try though!!
I think you misread his post, I'll highlight it for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
While I'm not saying this shouldn't be discussed, I'm saying it could be contained to a single thread
Old 17 Jun 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1939816)   #11
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. I read the same garbage from the usual suspects. I try not to take the bait but when I do I respond its in hope that the offenders settle. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. I just don't know how they are allowed to continue?

Good post Chatters. It's a shame that you had to waste your time to post your feelings, which basically reflect mine.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1940194)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
who are these suspects maybe you could voice your opinion on the things you don't like about them and hopefully they rectify the problem in this thread as that is what it is about and then maybe it might get taken more notice of.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 01:37 (Ref:1940411)   #13
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
who are these suspects maybe you could voice your opinion on the things you don't like about them and hopefully they rectify the problem in this thread as that is what it is about and then maybe it might get taken more notice of.
Then it would get personal.

They know who they are but they're too stubborn, too proud and too one eyed to change their ways... as we've seen countless times.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 01:41 (Ref:1940415)   #14
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY
I think you misread his post, I'll highlight it for you!
I think it is more a case of frustration with every thread discussing anything you have the same off-topic things brought up such as Ch7 coverage, Skaife's team ownership (or not) and TWR cheating (or not) but don't forget SBR used to win lots too so its ok. There are probably a few more I've missed
Old 18 Jun 2007, 05:53 (Ref:1940484)   #15
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chatters and all -

The thing (or problem) with internet forums is anonymity. We all enjoy it. We can say things we normally would not, due to having less fear of retribution or confrontation. Billy Bigtime and SSBaby can confirm I am even guilty of this (and to both, I will apologise, but it's fun, you can't deny :P)

The best advice I can give to you or anyone is to come onto forums like this with open eyes. If you see things you disagree with, read the post a few times, and try and get into the other persons mindset. Do the same with posts you like. You will soon find you begin to get an appreciation for other people opinons

Of coruse there are posts you will want to just dump into 50 gallons of diesel and burn, but thats all part of the game. Don't ignore them, try to put them into the light that the other person is trying to put it into.

When you start doing this, contributing to amazing places like this, and sharing opions with the fantastic posters we have here, will become alot more enjoyable.

It's taken me 4 years to reach this place, but I can assure you, you'll lose less hair and have a few more chuckles. It's how it's meant to be!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:32 (Ref:1940672)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
very well said senna .
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1941089)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since this is being discussed with a lot of passion and feeling, the Mod team has taken the opportunity to again detail the basic rules that apply to posters of Ten-Tenths Here

Enjoy the site by all means, but it is as only as good as its posters, and the thoughts and information they bring to share with others.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Closed Thread