Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2004, 19:41 (Ref:979038)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where do underprvilaged people follow live races....

My TV decided to conk out a day before the Monaco GP!!!

and the grid look so mouth watering as well its such a shame... my dad has called the repair guys but being SUnday i doubt they will come... but i still hope and pray that my dad can fix it...

anyway on which site do all you guys who dont get the races live follow them? like with good coverage...
Old 22 May 2004, 20:19 (Ref:979060)   #2
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Where do underprvilaged people follow live races....

Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
My TV decided to conk out a day before the Monaco GP!!!

and the grid look so mouth watering as well its such a shame... my dad has called the repair guys but being SUnday i doubt they will come... but i still hope and pray that my dad can fix it...

anyway on which site do all you guys who dont get the races live follow them? like with good coverage...
http://f1streaming.tk/
Old 22 May 2004, 20:49 (Ref:979071)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If that site does what it says it deserves support.
Old 23 May 2004, 01:21 (Ref:979235)   #4
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*sigh* Now if I can just manage to get up at 7 in the bloody morning to watch..
Old 23 May 2004, 03:00 (Ref:979305)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
wow , what a site , lets hope it does what it says , wish I new about it yesterday I would have watched qualifying
Old 23 May 2004, 04:07 (Ref:979336)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could do without the bloody song on it.
Old 23 May 2004, 04:30 (Ref:979348)   #7
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flaming_Wuzzle
*sigh* Now if I can just manage to get up at 7 in the bloody morning to watch..
I'd rather watch it at 7 in the morning then at 10.30 on a Sunday night.
Old 23 May 2004, 09:26 (Ref:979488)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats a great site Redblurr!!! itll come in handy
but my dad managed to fix the tv set so thats ok...
Old 23 May 2004, 10:44 (Ref:979583)   #9
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get one of them tv capture cards. that way you can watch the race on your pc. i have to out during the race, and i'm setting my pc up to record the race for me. only problem is i don't think i got enough free space on my disk.

shadow
Old 23 May 2004, 11:17 (Ref:979614)   #10
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(off topic)
fog, my boyfriend just got one of these cards yesterday, but he is trying to connect the computer to the tv and we aren't getting the image on the TV, any ideas?

Which card do you have?

(and when we tried to record something it was widescreen and we saw it all squished when we played it back...)
Old 23 May 2004, 11:56 (Ref:979647)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not long until the start now.....hope everybody's television sets are working alright! (The tubes going on mine I think!)
Old 23 May 2004, 14:47 (Ref:979994)   #12
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Carla O
(off topic)
fog, my boyfriend just got one of these cards yesterday, but he is trying to connect the computer to the tv and we aren't getting the image on the TV, any ideas?

Which card do you have?

(and when we tried to record something it was widescreen and we saw it all squished when we played it back...)
hard to say Carla. from your question i gather that you have a card that supports both TV-in and TV-out.

TV-in allows you to connect your antenna cable or a the cable from your cable operator to the card, and you can then watch TV programs on your computer.

TV-out allows you to use a conventional TV in place of your monitor, but the resolution is bad and i'd hardly recommend this. also i've never ever done this.

about the recording getting all squished, if you can get an image, and you cannot record it, it's probably a software bug. very few cards actually do hardware encoding. this is good as software is generally easier to replace than hardware.

i use a Compro Videomate Gold. it's reasonably priced, and has a Phillips tuner and Chipset which, for those in the know, is a big plus point.

i would have loved to help out more, unfortunately i'm not from the UK, perhaps, you could find a fog_shadow closer to home. take it from me, nothing interests us more than fixing a PC that doesn't work.

shadow
Old 23 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:980100)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Im am so happy that i didnt miss this GP!!! *breathes sigh of relief*
Old 24 May 2004, 13:05 (Ref:981288)   #14
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd've gone to a hotel or something - that's what I did when I was travelling in germany a few years back - most places'll let you sit in the bar if they have a telly.
Old 24 May 2004, 13:17 (Ref:981301)   #15
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had my old pre digital dish reconnected to the Astra satalite...so when the adverts come on I flick over to RTL Austria, the ad breaks rarely coincide :-) DFS cover the Friday practice 2 hours after the pm session finishes so I get to see my bloke. (PS: He said Monaco is far easier than PAU and MACAU which is the toughest street track)
Old 25 May 2004, 12:28 (Ref:982479)   #16
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I struggle to find places to watch the GP at uni, cos I don't have a TV in my room and a lot of my mates who do have one go home at the weekend. I usually have to rely on a TV in the common room which only has a half size picture since some berk broke it...
Old 28 May 2004, 03:51 (Ref:985694)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
damm , doesnt sound to good Ryo

was wondering if anyone got the above site to work ? and will it be working for this weekend at the "Michaelring" ?

I'd love to be able to watch qualifying.
Old 28 May 2004, 04:19 (Ref:985714)   #18
devil racer nz
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand
devil racer nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The link to the CCTV stream can be found here

Hopefully the practice session should be screening live tonight