Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Feb 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2398679)   #201
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
NASCAR really is:

The motorsport version of WWE!
truth too that. and don't think that nascar doesn't know it.
they've developed the brand in just that fashion.

as far as the vickers v jr incident. you have to remember the nature of super-speedway plate racing. jr had a huge run.

vickers decided to move him down below the track.

if jr checks up, it could have caused a big wreck behind them.
Old 16 Feb 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2398681)   #202
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The general opinion within various television programmes in US was that Jr was at fault and some even stated one law for Jr and another for the rest.You cannot touch their biggest draw in any South Eastern/South Races.Perhaps they can penalise him in the Western Races and start a big East /West punch up including Mr Busch
It will now guarantee a big Television Audience next week.Its business and they need to be seen to generate interest which in turn will stop the money hemorrhage they are now suffering
Old 17 Feb 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2399231)   #203
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Just watched the race.
Disappointing end of the race.
Old 17 Feb 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2399281)   #204
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he was mad and careless, but at those kinda speeds any accident is over the top. I think it was an accident that was made worse by the egos involved
Old 17 Feb 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2399346)   #205
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1toy
truth too that. and don't think that nascar doesn't know it.
they've developed the brand in just that fashion.

as far as the vickers v jr incident. you have to remember the nature of super-speedway plate racing. jr had a huge run.

vickers decided to move him down below the track.

if jr checks up, it could have caused a big wreck behind them.
I must disagree. Jr was pretty much alone below the double yellow line. He had plenty of time to slow down and avoid Vickers but he was ****ed that Vickers anticipated his move and gambled that by taking him out he could regain the lost lap. Jr 's denial of that after the race was laughable.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2399487)   #206
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Jr. should have been black flagged, at the very least. I would say disqualified, personally. For him to get away with such a flagrant foul speaks volumes of what NASCAR really is:

The motorsport version of WWE!
And this is a problem why?

Old 18 Feb 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2399657)   #207
newsfromthepit
Rookie

Canada
newsfromthepit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Jr. was given a pass here by NASCAR because of who he is. If this had been say, Logano they would have been all over him for inexperience.

This was inexcusable from someone of Jr's abilities and stature in the race.
He lost his cool and I think a 5 lap penalty was in order here.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 00:57 (Ref:2399991)   #208
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A shame the race had to end like that, I think for the 500 they should try to finish it some other day but then I guess that would be totally unfair on those trackside.

Well done to Matt. A dour man, but a worthy driver indeed.

The Jr/Vickers incident was unfortunate but not worthy of the fuss it has generated. Earnhardt simply had a rubbish day.

Obviously personally a bit miffed at JPM's result, the car was good enough to be deep in the top ten, but can do far worse than 14th given what occurred in the race. This week is the first time that team has looked good at this track since the duel race in 2007.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 01:46 (Ref:2401168)   #209
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juniors appology -http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...=ESPNHeadlines
Old 21 Feb 2009, 02:13 (Ref:2401179)   #210
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nice that he apologized to Vickers but it is the front runners that got burned the worst. Dale says alot, but he sounds like he's skating to me.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2401783)   #211
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He scores a lot of points in my book for that, but I would like to see him apologise to Kyle too!!
Old 23 Feb 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2402295)   #212
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, because Kyle always apologised when he used to ruin other folks races with regularity!
Old 23 Feb 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2402317)   #213
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yeah, because Kyle always apologised when he used to ruin other folks races with regularity!
But the difference is one is the most popular and the other is the least popular.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2402324)   #214
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
What do you mean 'used' ?

Are you implying Kyle isn't going to do it again?
Old 23 Feb 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2402745)   #215
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not if he is out in front - which seems to be the norm lately....
Old 23 Feb 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2402776)   #216
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
not if he is out in front - which seems to be the norm lately....
Good point but he seems to be one of those drivers who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time alot.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2411113)   #217
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
From what I can see from this side of the pond Mr Earnhardt is a very arrogant man. The crash was down to him and his interview afterwards was pathetic. If he really has half the fans they can't be very bright if they are taken in by him.
He should have received a penalty, but it seems he's bigger than the sport.
He drove that race like his father used to: pass 'em when you can, crash 'em when you need to. I couldn't stand the *******. With that being said, Vickers got what he deserved...he blocked late, to Jr. to the grass, and then Jr. politely moved him out of his way

Last edited by Knowlesy; 7 Mar 2009 at 19:37.