Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 1 Oct 2004, 17:01 (Ref:1112582)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing Summit Convened...

I found this article of great interest. To have a meeting with all of the top bosses of the biggest and most important sanctioning bodies in the world is quite telling of the overall state of motorsports around the world. I think that they all see some of the same problems ahead, and I think its just a great idea to brainstorm these issues together. Maybe we'll see some strange alliances between these series begin.

Hmmm, couldn't help but notice that Gentilozzi, the blovinator, wasn't invited. Strange, as he always has so much to say...(sorry, couldn't resist!)

{Tony George, president and CEO of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Indy Racing League, will be one of five worldwide motorsports leaders on a business panel during the Society of Automotive Engineers Motorsports Engineering Conference and Exhibition on Nov. 30 at Dearborn, Mich.

Joining George will be FIA President Max Mosley, NASCAR President Mike Helton, NHRA President Tom Compton and SCCA President Steve Johnson. It is believed this is the first time that the heads of these leading sanctioning bodies will appear together in a panel discussion.

The theme is “Change for Relevance,” as George and the other leaders will discuss their shared challenges of cost containment, safety, competitive events with full fields that will please existing fans and attract new fans at tracks and on television, and providing value for new and existing sponsors.}
Old 1 Oct 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1112675)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They have held summits like this in othr cities in the past as well...

Thee was a huge convention of Racing Industry suppliers, manuracturers, etc., here in Indy last November or so...

There was a summit there as well...and TG was part of the panel...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Oct 2004, 21:39 (Ref:1112833)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's more like an American sanctioning body meeting with Mosley invited.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1112845)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could be wrong here Jordi, but doesn't the FIA sanction most, if not all of the major series in Europe?

Also Tim, the article states, "It is believed this is the first time that the heads of these leading sanctioning bodies will appear together in a panel discussion."

I think its more important than maybe you think...

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Oct 2004, 15:32 (Ref:1114977)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't say it wasn't significant....

But I am saying that it has occurred before....

I think the new players are the guy from the SCCA, and possibly Mr. Moseley...

I know that NASCAR, NHRA, and USAC have appeared on panels with TG to discuss the "State of Racing"....

Once, I believe that CART was invited, too.....but can't remember if they accepted....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Oct 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1115965)   #6
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Helton is going to come off looking like the banana republic dictator that he is
Old 7 Oct 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1118093)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
his banana republic seems to work quite well, tho
Old 7 Oct 2004, 16:39 (Ref:1118195)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quite right climb!

I may not be a NASCAR fan, but its really hard to argue with their success. There problem will be sustaining that impressive success...

Danica Patrick