Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:00 (Ref:2064372)   #1
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Champ Car Atlantics 2008

May as well start an 08 thread I suppose. Here's some stuff so far: Dane Cameron to Sierra Sierra, well done; US Racetronics has confirmed Carl Skerlong apparently; and David Garza signs with Forsythe (good for you David);

Quote:
The Atlantic Championship, which will celebrate its 35th season in 2008 as the longest-running open-wheel driver development series in the world, will race on August 17 when it returns for the first time since 2003 to the streets of Trois-Rivières, QC, Canada. The Atlantic competition will serve as the feature event at Trois-Rivières, pending City Council approval [] later this month. Additionally, the development series' teams will race at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, outside Salt Lake City, on September 21, concluding its championship season.
Dunno about runner-up Perera, or Robert Wickens, to name just two. Hoping Robert lands a ride overseas somewhere frankly, but there ya go.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 15:23 (Ref:2064385)   #2
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wickens seems to be aiming for World Series by Renault by the looks of things. Raced the last two rounds and have been testing as well.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 16:32 (Ref:2064453)   #3
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's an affirmative, I'm trying not to jinx it.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 18:16 (Ref:2064548)   #4
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perera is looking for Champcar next year. I hope Hinchcliffe can get there as well (together with Matos). But seats are very limited and budget is needed.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 12:27 (Ref:2064893)   #5
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, if first prize means anything Daisy, at least $2 mil apparently. That's a lotta scratch, and would have to think a bit of a tough sell at the moment/lately to any prospective sponsor, dunno.

2008 Schedule
Long Beach Apr 20
Houston Apr 27
Laguna Seca May 18
Cleveland Jun 22
Mont-Tremblant Jun 29
Toronto Jul 6
Portland 1 Jul 26
Portland 2 Jul 27
Road America Aug 10
Trois-Rivières Aug 17*
Salt Lake City Sep 21
Mexico City Nov 9

*pending City Council approval.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 14:39 (Ref:2067341)   #6
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
This from another thread on the Mansell bros. and Walker Racing (thanks Lightning Bug) c/w all the chatter on Leo and Greg Mansell you could ever hope to find. Will follow that with some interest next year.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2067371)   #7
Lightning Bug
Racer

Lightning Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're welcome L2LO!

Prediction: Greg will run in the top 10 most times, maybe knock on the door of a podium. Leo will battle with that bloke from Malcolm in the middle!
Old 15 Nov 2007, 01:23 (Ref:2067712)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Good call LB. Confirmed, and in more than one thread. Greg and Leo Mansell, and (homeboy) Kevin Lacroix, at Derrick Walker Racing next year. Atta boy Kevin. Not sure what Ryan Lewis and Simona de Silvestro are up to but could've easily missed it. I guess we'll find out but I like Kevin's chances.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 12:53 (Ref:2068819)   #9
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Anyone out there know what Daniel Morad's up to next year? I think there's a seat available at Sierra Sierra, although James Hinchcliffe may have that, I could've missed it...somebody else should be doing an Atlantics thread, my apologies in advance.

Dan may be heading to Europe, this year or next, (one can hope). Enough seats out there and Red Bull Junior-backed, that's gotta help. Thanks (again) Red Bull.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2068932)   #10
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He tested a Renault at Estoril beginning of November.

Had 13 laps in the day, and was only 3 tenths off.

First time in the car ever, and I don't think he's seen that track either.

As far as he knows, he doesn't know where RB is sending him. Most likely Europe since I think they've pulled the Atlantic plug.
Old 16 Nov 2007, 18:35 (Ref:2069065)   #11
Allan Craighead
Rookie

Canada
Cambridge, Canada
Allan Craighead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While nothing official has been announced, both Morad and Wickens will be racing Europe next year. Waiting to see/here where Edwards (the third North American Red Bull backed junior formula car driver) will end up.

As for Atlantic, lots of good seats still available. Of note, at a recent test Cameron was within a tenth of Matos in the Sierra Sierra car.

Cheers,

Allan Craighead
FormulaCar Magazine Assistant Editor
eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
Old 17 Nov 2007, 00:28 (Ref:2069268)   #12
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Craighead
While nothing official has been announced, both Morad and Wickens will be racing Europe next year.
That's got a real nice ring to it Allan.
Quote:
Waiting to see/hear where Edwards (the third North American Red Bull backed junior formula car driver) will end up.
Yeah, where's EMS when you need him huh? Maybe he'll stop by, give us an update. I'm sure John will land a ride somewhere, if he hasn't already.
Old 17 Nov 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2069604)   #13
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Edwards has been removed a few weeks ago from the Red Bull Junior website, so I'm not sure he's part of the team anymore.

(Suprisingly, 2 weeks ago, for sometime, also Zaugg, Bianchini, Piscopo, Oakes and Jani were missing, but they are back up, but maybe it hints to something ...)
Old 24 Nov 2007, 00:10 (Ref:2074470)   #14
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Australian F3 champion Tim Macrow testing yesterday with Jensen Motorsport. Article from his website and more on Macrow here.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 22:09 (Ref:2074924)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good read that. so now the hard work of raising funds comes into play...
Old 27 Nov 2007, 11:21 (Ref:2076374)   #16
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Frankie Muniz and US Racetronics at crash.net.
Quote:
As rumoured on Crash.net during this month's Champ Car finale, Frankie Muniz appears set to join Pacific Coast Motorsport's 'junior team', US RaceTronics, for next season's Champ Car Atlantic campaign. Although he insists that he is still 'evaluating options for next year',
That would put him beside Carl Skerlong...hmm.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 23:43 (Ref:2077641)   #17
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Edoardo Piscopo entering 2008 F.Atlantic partnered with Eurointernational, at italiaracing.net. Wow, shift happens as it were.
Quote:
The team will also be at its first time in the ChampCar's support series...
Old 5 Dec 2007, 10:52 (Ref:2081968)   #18
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finnish driver Markus Niemelä also participated in testing. He drove few races in GP2 Series this year for BCN.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 17:41 (Ref:2082253)   #19
Allan Craighead
Rookie

Canada
Cambridge, Canada
Allan Craighead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couple things.

While over in Valencia for FBMW World Final heard from a reliable source that the Red Bull Junior program is being scaled back this coming season, with a number of drivers being dropped from the program.

As for Piscopo, surprised to hear that. Talked with Antonio a bunch at Valencia, but he never mentioned anything. Also have have not heard anything from Atlantic gang. Will follow up on that.

Cheers,

Al.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 11:47 (Ref:2082742)   #20
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
As for Piscopo, surprised to hear that.
Ain't that the truth Allan. Is the deal (still) conditional maybe? Nice to see Eurointernational involved though, what's not to like about that.

Quote:
While over in Valencia for FBMW World Final heard from a reliable source that the Red Bull Junior program is being scaled back this coming season, with a number of drivers being dropped from the program.
Daniel Morad better not go all Sean McIntosh on us! Seriously, that'd be a cryin' shame, of epic proportions. Strong enough for ya?

And contrary to what you told us a few weeks ago I might add. Like you need a reminder from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu
Finnish driver Markus Niemelä also participated in testing. He drove few races in GP2 Series this year for BCN.
Nary a Finn in Atlantics last year Bleu, now that you mention it. It'd be nice to see him make it for that reason alone. Good on ya'.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 13:59 (Ref:2086524)   #21
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
[Jonathan] Bomarito joins American rookie Dane Cameron, the 2007 Star Mazda Champion, on the two-car Sierra Sierra Enterprises team, which claimed its first Atlantic championship in 2007 with driver Raphael Matos. Both Bomarito and Cameron hail from California.
Both these guys had good years last year, and Sierra Sierra's a pretty good gig I would think, defending series champs and all. Good for them. Nice to see the teams still signing guys in Atlantics. Full article here.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 19:34 (Ref:2093502)   #22
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Ain't that the truth Allan. Is the deal (still) conditional maybe? Nice to see Eurointernational involved though, what's not to like about that.

Daniel Morad better not go all Sean McIntosh on us! Seriously, that'd be a cryin' shame, of epic proportions. Strong enough for ya?

And contrary to what you told us a few weeks ago I might add. Like you need a reminder from me.

Nary a Finn in Atlantics last year Bleu, now that you mention it. It'd be nice to see him make it for that reason alone. Good on ya'.
I didn't want to spill the beans before Daniel disclosed it, but here you go L2L

http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...ac489845142c6a

Morad no longer part of redbull
Old 22 Dec 2007, 14:21 (Ref:2093793)   #23
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, Daniel dropped-off the junior team list a couple of weeks ago Boro, dagnabit, but thanks for that. Wow, what's a kid gotta do? I forget the number of wins he had last year in FBMW but a pretty decisive showing.

Boy that's annoying. Time for another Players filter cigarette...or something.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2096704)   #24
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems like GELLES Racing is going tits-up

http://www.gellesracing.com/2007images/newlist.pdf
Old 30 Dec 2007, 22:32 (Ref:2096802)   #25
Century
Rookie

Century should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gelles Racing went tits up in mid 2007, that pdf is way out of date all sold months ago, unfortunately also wrecked several drivers 2007 for them.