Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Aug 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1385402)   #1
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Fred Gallagher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tour Britannia 5th - 8th September

Tour Britannia is a new event on the calendar mixing racing and rallying in the style of the old Tour of Britain. We have races at Cadwell Park on the morning of Monday 5th September, Rockingham on the morning of Tuesday 6th, and Silverstone on the morning of Thursday 8th. Full details of the other venues are on the website www.TourBritannia.com.

Entries are superb: GT40s, Chevrons, De Tomaso, Bizzarrini, Ferrari 250GT and a lot of nice pre-war cars.

We are of course looking for marshals especially since the event is mid-week. We will try to look after you. We plantea/coffee/soup and food as well as pin-badges, cloth badges, stickers, posters and a programme. If you think you can help us out please contact me Fred Gallagher on Fred@TourBritannia.com or 07831 807 598 or the HSCC on Office@HSCC.org.uk.

Thanks to everyone in advance. We think this will be the beginning of a great event.

Fred Gallagher
Old 18 Aug 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1385404)   #2
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Forgot to add, all marshals are invited to the event prizegiving in the BRDC Clubhouse at Silverstone.

Fred
Old 18 Aug 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1385518)   #3
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it then that the Snetterton race on the 7th is cancelled. I had volunteered for this at the beginning of the year. Oh well I can cancel the day I had booked off. Nice to let us know.

Steve B
Old 18 Aug 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1385527)   #4
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Really sorry Steve. Can't find you on my list. We had to rejig the route way back as with the MSA's 30 mph raod section maximum Stratford to Snetterton and back was impossible in a day.

Again apologies.

Fred
Old 18 Aug 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1385569)   #5
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did apply through BRSCC EA Centre. But as I said No word whatsoever as to this being cancelled either through you or BRSCC.

Steve B
Old 18 Aug 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1385715)   #6
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself and a few others have volunteered for the Cadwell day via our usual route Fred.

Though I am sure more will be welcome, if only to reduce my job count!!!

I suspect you must have read my mind as I logged on to-day with the express intention of finding the original Cadwell thread on this and "bumping" it back to the top of the list.

Come on folks this is going to be grand, let's all skip work and enjoy ourselves.

Old 18 Aug 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1385754)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fay Crook's asked me to do the Starts for the Silverstone day, as she & Alan are marshalling "abroad" again!
Old 18 Aug 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1385775)   #8
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking forward to this, but I can't get the time off work.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1385817)   #9
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I volunteered for this already (and I certainly have the time off work).

The plan should be SCSA Rockingham (Sat-Sun), Cadwell (Mon), Rockingham (Tue), and Silverstone (Thurs), EERC Silverstone (Fri-Sun). What a birthday week!

Al.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1385819)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about Wednesday!?
Old 18 Aug 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1385824)   #11
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing as I'm spending my birthday at R/ham, I think I'd better show my face at home and do the family thing
Old 19 Aug 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1386076)   #12
The Gate Keeper
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hull
The Gate Keeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dogsbody,

I can't remember (it must be old age or something), but am I down for the Monday at Cadwell. If I'm not on your list, could you put me down as I have just taken the day off.

Mark
Old 19 Aug 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1386239)   #13
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should be on someones list - hopefully (otherwise a long day parked at the gate - not in the gate though Mark)!!!!
Old 19 Aug 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1386251)   #14
The Gate Keeper
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hull
The Gate Keeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Micky,

I don't anyone is going to let me forget about my little incident with the gate, but at least Sir Palmer hasen't sent me an invoice for any repairs to the post!

M
Old 19 Aug 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1386264)   #15
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark
Micky,

I don't anyone is going to let me forget about my little incident with the gate, but at least Sir Palmer hasen't sent me an invoice for any repairs to the post!

M
YET
Old 19 Aug 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1386338)   #16
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've volunteered for the Loton Park session (via HDLCC) on 7th September. Should be a good day.

Regards

Jim
Old 20 Aug 2005, 06:21 (Ref:1386789)   #17
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Thanks everyone for the great support. I am slow to reply because yesterday we were all out on the Leg 1 and Leg 3 stages.

There is no race circuit on Wednesday because we are having an all Stage day. Two runs at Shelsley Walsh in the morning, two at loton around lunch time, two at Weston Park early afternoon, and finally two runs at Curborough before heading back to Stratford. Some people wanted me to go to Epynt but I wasn't convinced about a Lotus 30 or a GT40 over the jumps....... Maybe next year.

I hope to meet eveyone individually on the event. In the interim any questions my direct mail is Fred@TourBritannia.com
Old 20 Aug 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1386944)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Fred, this is more of a spectator question that a marshalling one. I'm planning to be there 3 of the 4 days - Cadwell, Shelsley/Loton and Silverstone. Do you have a more detailed timetable of what to except at each location. I assume there will be a short qualifying/practice session at the racetracks followed by 1 or 2 races. How many laps and what circuit configuration?

Mods, feel free to move this to Trackside if it's more appropriate.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1387003)   #19
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Redshoes,

This link from the website should take you to the itinerary:

http://www.tourbritannia.com/pdfs/To...ntschedule.pdf

It takes a minute or so to come up if you are not on broadband.

Cadwell long, Rockingham International & Silverstone Historic GP; 15 minute practice (20 at Silverstone) and 8 lap races. Are you sure you wouldn't be better off marshaling?
Old 20 Aug 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1387007)   #20
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Thanks. I'd found the itinery already but it just gives time controls in and out without saying what happens in between.

I'll be there to take photos, which rules me out of any marshalling duties.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1387110)   #21
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fred - This event was included in the Cadwell Park Availability form that was sent out at the beginning of the year to all the regulars at Cadwell, as well as appearing on Julian's web site under circuit volunteering. Hence John Franks and I have several names of volunteers to Marshal the circuit on the Monday. I can already see that confusion is beginning to set in with some of our regulars, can you clarify the details please.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 07:02 (Ref:1387245)   #22
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Watson
Fred - This event was included in the Cadwell Park Availability form that was sent out at the beginning of the year to all the regulars at Cadwell, as well as appearing on Julian's web site under circuit volunteering. Hence John Franks and I have several names of volunteers to Marshal the circuit on the Monday. I can already see that confusion is beginning to set in with some of our regulars, can you clarify the details please.
John - The Cadwell schedule for Monday 5th is as follows:
1st car arrives 10.30 approx
Regularity cars start 11.05
1st Practice session 11.40
1st Race 12.15
2nd Practice session 12.45
2nd Race 13.15
Last car leaves circuit 14.15

Hope this clarifies things.

Fred
Old 21 Aug 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1387564)   #23
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark
Dogsbody,

I can't remember (it must be old age or something), but am I down for the Monday at Cadwell. If I'm not on your list, could you put me down as I have just taken the day off.

Mark
Mark, I fear you elevate me above my humble station sir as I am not a Keeper of the List, merely a humble squire. However, I am positive Sir John W will have taken note of your post and made his co-Keeper, Sir John F, aware of this important news. I, however, will look forward to welcoming you on that auspicious day and promise to make almost no mention of "Mark-gate" as the incident has come to be known.

See you all soon.

Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1387660)   #24
redshoes
Veteran

Thanks fred, that was exactly what I was looking for.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1387718)   #25
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Fred, that certainly clears things up for me, I will pm you within the next couple of days.
Dogsbody, as usual you are spot on with your references, including the titles.
Mark, you are most certainly listed.