Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 18 May 2001, 22:00 (Ref:94130)   #1
Omar
Rookie

Omar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarah Fisher

Two Questions-

Do you think she has a real shot at winning the 500?
and....
How cool would that be?

My answers-
Yes
Off the charts!
Old 18 May 2001, 22:39 (Ref:94138)   #2
floid2000
Racer

floid2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Al for a Coach ,Anythings possible. Sarahs a really nice kid and has serious potential as a driver. Last year Sucked because of the wierd turn of events that caused Sarah to take Lyn St James into the wall. Id like to see her finish in one piece maybe on the lead lap.
My guess is a 7th place
Old 18 May 2001, 23:11 (Ref:94155)   #3
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Sarah Fisher

Quote:
Originally posted by Omar
Two Questions-

Do you think she has a real shot at winning the 500?
and....
How cool would that be?

My answers-
Yes
Off the charts!

1. are u kidding? eddie cheever won it didn't he. of course she can.

2. it would be cool...but
it would also give a big boost to the dread irl.
Old 19 May 2001, 01:38 (Ref:94177)   #4
floid2000
Racer

C'mon.....The IRL isn't so bad . It's true , they definately don't have CARTs money to work with .But by the time this Texas deal is resolved ..Who knows who will be on top. The sad truth is the winner will be "The Dreaded" nascar
Old 19 May 2001, 08:17 (Ref:94230)   #5
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarah Fisher

From my opionion she isn't a BIG star yet. This one 2nd place she earned doesn't mean nothing... It is good if she could finish INDY 500 because her retirement percentage is HUGE!
Old 19 May 2001, 10:33 (Ref:94241)   #6
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not exactly on topic but todays 'Daily Express' says official pace car driver for the Indy 500 is Kim Basinger,who will be first woman to do this job.Sounds crazy to me-dont they usually use an experienced driver?
Old 19 May 2001, 10:44 (Ref:94245)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought so too - this sounds ridiculous. Driving the pace car is a very important job that requires a lot from its driver. At least in F1 I thought they used experienced racing drivers for this job. What experience does Kim Basinger have that makes her qualified in that case?!?

As for Sarah Fisher - I don't know much about her chances of winning the Indy 500, but if she did, it would rule. Quite simply. It would be cool beyond description.
Old 19 May 2001, 13:50 (Ref:94267)   #8
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kim Bassinger!?

Booo! Bad desition... 2 weeks ago in MotoGP before start on warmup lap in 250cc the pacecar rode off the course into tirebarrier. It was pretty big crash and the BMW was hardly damaged. Experienced drivers should drive pace car!
Old 19 May 2001, 16:39 (Ref:94285)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it would be fantastic if sarah could do well. she seems to have a much more logical approach to her motorsports than most others (ie not thrashing the pants off the car in practice, and setting it up by going slower, and then whooping its ass in qualifying, when it's important), and she's a perfect ambassador for woman in motorsports. i'm not going all girl power on you, don't worry.

she's got a good engineering education, she's got a brain, and for the boys, she isn't ugly. the sister has potential.

as for kim basinger, duh, hello? let's just hope she doesn't have to stop at lights, or she'll start doing her makeup...
Old 19 May 2001, 19:29 (Ref:94319)   #10
Omar
Rookie

Omar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the driver of the pace car this year is Elaine Irwin (sp?) wife of John Mellencamp. As I recall, zero experience with this kind of thing.
Oh yeah, the pace "car" is a freakin' SUV! Olds Bravada I believe.
Old 20 May 2001, 13:53 (Ref:94485)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oh dear. i thought we were supposed to be taking indy seriously...
Old 20 May 2001, 14:39 (Ref:94492)   #12
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be grand to see Sarah Fisher win or do well at the 500. I'm sure AJ would agree with me.
Re. Pace car driver. In the seventies when I was covering the 500 they had let the owner of the largest Dodge dealership in Indianapolis drive the pace car. At the start when entering the pit lane he missed his breaking point and hit the stand full of photographers and journalist's at the end of the pitlane talking out quit a few of them. As usual I was in the stairway of the grandstand at the opposite side and got an excellent seguence in bot B&W and colour. Francolini a premier journalist for an italien sports mag. was hurt and because he was late arriving he did not have time to sign a release. However as a friend of the sport he did not sue the track. I think the track did look after him OK. You think they would have learned by now to use only experienced race drivers for the pace car.
Old 20 May 2001, 21:42 (Ref:94603)   #13
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although let's not forget the day Johnny Rutherford stuffed a Toyota Celica pace car into the tyres at Long Beach. Happens to the best of them!

As for Sarah Fisher, I am starting to take her very seriously indeed. Certainly more seriously than I take the IRL itself.
Old 21 May 2001, 13:35 (Ref:94800)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Kenny Brack, if she distinguishes herself in Brand X Racing, someone will offer her a serious drive in Champ Cars. And if she can win a championship in any series, she's good enough to get a shot at the big time and I hope she is successful. Not just because she's a girl racer, but because she's good!
Old 21 May 2001, 17:39 (Ref:94857)   #15
floid2000
Racer

This pacecar thing is disgusting.....A MODEL ? ?
Eddie Rickenbacker,Chuck Yeager,Ralph DePalma,Jim Rathman,Jackie Stewart, Al Sr.,J.R.
Pace Car Drivers Not some Rockstars wife
Old 22 May 2001, 00:03 (Ref:94998)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't they normally have some celebrity drive the pace car at the start, and have a pro driver at the helm during the race? I remember Greg Norman having a drive one year....let the girlie drive