Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Apr 2001, 11:23 (Ref:78868)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Due to a power failure fifteen minutes before the race ended, i didn't see this - but I have heard that Sarah Fisher swarmed her way to second in the IRL race at Homestead yesterday. WELL DONE SARAH!

If anyone else saw this race, would you please tell us how she did it? I understand it was pretty to watch.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 11:59 (Ref:78893)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don't know, but GO SISTER! kick them yankee boy asses into touch..
Old 9 Apr 2001, 12:49 (Ref:78908)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who won? And how did our man Rob Buhl do?

(Btw, I too congratulate Sarah on a great result! )
Old 9 Apr 2001, 14:04 (Ref:78928)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With about 8 laps to go, Hornish Jr. led by about 10 seconds, Eliseo Salazar was second, and Fisher was third. She blew past Salazar at the entrance to one of the turns in a bold slipstreaming pass and ran Hornish down to about 1.5 seconds but ran out of laps. The two of them had the fastest cars along with Al Unser. Unser probably would have won but the clutch failed on his car with abotu 15 laps to go during a pitstop.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 14:52 (Ref:78946)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
aj to salazar:
"you just got passed by a girl"
Old 9 Apr 2001, 15:24 (Ref:78956)   #6
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Salazar, Fisher, Hornish with about 15 laps to go under pace car, and Hornish passed Fisher as the pace car left (I'm convinced he did it it before the line, is this allowed in IRL?) and then Hornish took the lead, and then Fisher passed Salazar too to get back second. I think she would've won if some back-marker hadn't got in the way.

BTW it was much more exciting than the CART race at long Beach, and the coverage (ABC's feed with little cuts back to the studio by Sky I think) was really good
Old 9 Apr 2001, 15:37 (Ref:78960)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Champ Car coverage is always pitiful when ABC is in control of it. I was watching the IRL race because someone I knew was a wheelman for that race but the car he was working on was a backmarker and we never got to see their pitstops.

Fisher and Hornish are the youngest 1-2 racers in any major motorsports series in history. Well done both of you!
Old 10 Apr 2001, 03:37 (Ref:79129)   #8
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Sarah, a well deserved 2nd place. If Hornish keeps this up, he won't be in the IRL next year.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 06:40 (Ref:79145)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ooohhhh, how times are a changin'! I wish I could go back nearly 12 months and rehash some people's thoughts on Sarah....so what's changed folks? Jumpin on the bandwagon of success hey?
Old 10 Apr 2001, 14:55 (Ref:79244)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

damn right, crash! jumping on it now is great - there's still time to be able to say i told you so!
Old 10 Apr 2001, 15:32 (Ref:79252)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Unfortunately I don't believe Sarah Fisher will make it to Champ Cars, but it's fun to watch her as far as she can go. (I hope she doesn't take an underfunded backmarker drive in Champ Cars just to get in - it would not do her a bit of good.)
Old 10 Apr 2001, 17:07 (Ref:79261)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think Sarah did a pretty good job to finish 2nd..I was hoping she would catch Hornish but she seemed to loose pace and got caught behind backmarkers towards the end.

another great race by Sam Hornish Jnr..will he win every race this year ???

as for Robbie Buhl..he seemd to have some kind of engine problems and failed to finish..better luck at the next one Robbie
Old 10 Apr 2001, 19:07 (Ref:79300)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously Sarah must be a very good driver to get the kind of results she is getting. Whether she'll reach CART or not I don't know, but a female driver doing well in a top team at the very top of motorsport should IMO have a huge commercial value. Based on this I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 23:37 (Ref:79347)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Is Derrick Walker running her in IRL too? Perhaps if she can get some funding, he can bring her over on his team.
Old 11 Apr 2001, 10:43 (Ref:79412)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
wrong place, i know, but has she got a site?

if she could get to cart it would be a huge advantage for cart. i'm guessing she would be featured in a lot of magazines such as in style and that sort of thing (it wouldn't be trivialising her job, it would be getting a whole new group of people to watch her).

see, now, if we rana pr firm.... just think. the world would be perfect and everything
Old 11 Apr 2001, 11:38 (Ref:79437)   #16
Liz
Veteran

http://www.sarahfisher.com/

The opening page drives my cat nuts. (Go over there and see why!)

Bella, let's start a PR firm and offer her our services!
Old 17 Apr 2001, 20:33 (Ref:81709)   #17
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
wrong place, i know, but has she got a site?

if she could get to cart it would be a huge advantage for cart.

totally agree... cart needs a kick in the rear.
and...
personally..it would give her credibility.

too me..juan pablo's indy win was really nothing.

his cart title was awesome.