Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Mar 2006, 03:11 (Ref:1550756)   #1
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8SA Opens Court of Appeal

Just released by V8SA

Quote:
V8 Supercars Australia will open the doors of the V8 Supercar Court of Appeal this year to the media to allow for a more transparent judicial process along the lines of the Australian Football League and National Rugby League.

The V8 Supercar Court of Appeal has in recent years adjudicated some of the most controversial appeals in Australian Motorsport history.

They include Stone Brothers Racing’s ‘wiregate’ of 2004, the infamous Team Dynamik Woomera rocket range testing affair that resulted in international press coverage and Larry Perkin’s appeal against a finding of misleading steward’s evidence last year.

As a result of the massive interest in these types of cases ,V8 Supercars Australia and the Confederation of Australian Motorsport (CAMS) has invited the media to attend all appeals in 2006 in order to allow them to cover the exact nature of the proceedings, background and decisions.

V8 Supercars Australia has a pool of eminent people including Lex Lasry QC and Queensland Solicitor General Walter Sofronoff QC to chair the appeals court. The Chairman will have the ultimate power of discretion in terms of confidential matters and decisions of process, including media access.

The inclusion of the media at the Court of Appeal is one of a few changes to this year’s rule book.

The introduction of a reverse grid race at all three-race events is one of the biggest changes in the 10 year history of the category. It will feature at 10 of the 13 events in Australia, New Zealand and Bahrain this year.

V8 Supercars Australia held a briefing with Investigations and Prosecutions Officer Peter Wollerman, Driving Standards Observer Colin Bond, Race Director Tim Schenken, Race Stewards, the Touring Car Entrants Group (TEGA) and the Confederation of Australian Motorsport (CAMS) in Melbourne yesterday.

The purpose of the pre-season briefing, chaired by V8 Supercars Australia CEO Wayne Cattach, was to discuss the policing of the reverse grid race in particular when the fastest cars from race one will start at the rear of the grid in race two. The first of these races will be in New Zealand in April.
So the combined problems from Stone Brothers, Larry and T.Dynamik have finally resulted in a change.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1550765)   #2
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 06:17 (Ref:1550799)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
can we have a link to this please storyline ?
Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1550841)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Will it be streamed over BigPond so we can see it too?

The link is Here
Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1550847)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers GTR, please try and provide a link in future Nigel , its for everyones benefit
Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1550871)   #6
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus - sorry but only just got home from the Games.

But - as for providing a link - that is hard to do when it comes to me as a direct email from V8 Supercars. And I have already been 'warned' about posting press releases in full in here.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1550901)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
No probs Nigel (hope you had a great day )

if its a direct email from the V8 site then we have a press release forum you can submit it there or simply wait until a link comes online.

alls good though mate and thanks for the info
Old 17 Mar 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1551233)   #8
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nigel
Nigel?
Old 17 Mar 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1551572)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
that happens to be his name (read his signature )
Old 18 Mar 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1551579)   #10
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe if they get Judge Judy to host it TEN will be interested?
Old 18 Mar 2006, 01:24 (Ref:1551617)   #11
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too much transparency might expose ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
Marcus - sorry but only just got home from the Games.

But - as for providing a link - that is hard to do when it comes to me as a direct email from V8 Supercars. And I have already been 'warned' about posting press releases in full in here.
Are these press releases or 'off the record' back grounding ... even the source of plagiarism ?

You'd think journos changed a word or two & claimed these as their own.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 04:10 (Ref:1551645)   #12
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if any pictures coming out of the hearings will have black boxes over the driver's eyes so we can't recognise them?
Old 18 Mar 2006, 04:21 (Ref:1551649)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Will it be streamed over BigPond so we can see it too?
Unlikely but they may let you sit in the back if you ask.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 06:16 (Ref:1551663)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they don't allow pictures, maybe they will get someone to do drawings for the news
Old 18 Mar 2006, 07:46 (Ref:1551682)   #15
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If they don't allow pictures, maybe they will get someone to do drawings for the news
It always cracks me up that even with the drawn pictures, they still have to put the black box over their eyes in case someone recognises that cartoon character walking down the street.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1551690)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As our old friend Jessica Rabbit says "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."