Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:28 (Ref:915695)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winners And Losers From Phoenix!

Well, the second race is in the books, and it was another good and entertaining one. The results really show that this will be a wide open season, where alot of drivers will be in the hunt for the championship.

So who do you think the winners and losers from Phoenix were? Just like the last time I started this same thread after Homestead, it doesn't have to be just a driver or team. It can be anybody or anything you feel made it yesterdays winner or loser. My picks are:

Winner - Tony Kanann. He was just dominating. He never let anyone challenge him and never let himself get into the fray. It was the most one-sided win in Phoenix, since Bobby Rahal(our latest arrival!)did it. Great job!

Loser - ABC TV! A basketball game ran 4 minutes late, and when they cut to the race at only 5 minutes after the hour, the race was well underway, already 8 laps in! I guess they had no pre-race show, and we missed the start! Thats unforgivable, and it would never happen in NASCAR. They have to do better! Also the commercial breaks were numerous, and long, and we missed every accident.

PS-Hornish a close second, on my loser list...

Danica Patrick
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:36 (Ref:915709)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Winner - Tony Kannan. Most dominating display since Dixon as Richmond last year.

Loser - Penske. Neither cars looked strong in turn 1, and it cost Sam big time. Helio also lost a lot of ground. Rare to see Penske on such an off...
Old 22 Mar 2004, 23:10 (Ref:915816)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winners - AGR, looking very good, and Honda might have themselves a championship if they can get consistent around all the tracks. (They have the driving stability now, which is good)

Loosers - The Hazza-tipped cars again all crashed out (bar one, again) of the race, the worst being Scheckter and Franchetti, with about 20 laps to go while running in (for me) a points paying position. As it were, I still managed to scrape 5 points (Btw, no I am not over this, this is just sooo not fair)
Old 23 Mar 2004, 07:48 (Ref:916119)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winners: Kanaan and AGR: not much to say about it indeed; Barron: good performance
Losers: Hornish ( a good chance missed to strenghten his leadership in the standings)

Unluckiest: Scheckter, gone out without any fault.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 01:59 (Ref:917328)   #5
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biggest Loser Adrian Fernandez why to start with the wrong foot. I gues I have to wait till I see him at Montegi which I will be attending do decide how he is going to perform.

Biggest Winner is Tora the Tiger Takagi, GO Tora!!!!!
Old 24 Mar 2004, 19:09 (Ref:918258)   #6
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
jenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazza
Loosers - The Hazza-tipped cars again all crashed out (bar one, again) of the race, the worst being Scheckter and Franchetti, with about 20 laps to go while running in (for me) a points paying position. As it were, I still managed to scrape 5 points (Btw, no I am not over this, this is just sooo not fair)
i know, 3 of my top 5 crashed AGAIN! you would think Hornish at least was a pretty safe pick...