Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:03 (Ref:821568)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Brawn thinks that JPM is in for a tough year.

Find out more from f1live for the full text.

"World champions Ferrari opened up the first front in the battle for the 2004 title on Saturday when the Italian team's technical chief Ross Brawn claimed Juan Pablo Montoya could be in for an uncomfortable last year at Williams.

The Colombian driver is moving to McLaren in 2005 and Brawn believes it could create divisions in the British team if the 2004 championship turns out to be a close race.

I do think that Ross might have a point, and could make for a very intense season (not to mention, discussion forum )

One other thing Ross mentioned...maybe he was too harsh when calling JPM "crude" at Nurburgring, "caught up in the emotion" he put it down to

Last edited by Mr V; 28 Dec 2003 at 01:06.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:12 (Ref:821572)   #2
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
toally argee this is is another bouns for Mac in 04 with have a car already built and tested there will be out of the blocks fast
Ralf will have his best chance this year with full team support . jpm will have a car to collect points and that's about it IMO
and 05 well Kimmi will hand jpm his @rse cause if he could beat in with a Hp advantage he as no hope in the same car
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:20 (Ref:821576)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The only way Ralf will get the full team behind him is if he dominates Montoya through the season. Frank, Patric and BMW want ot win, and could care less what car the number one is on next year as long as they win it.

They want the constructors chanpionship, the WDC is a pleasant addition.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:21 (Ref:821577)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
He he he, your always good for a laugh Mark
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:25 (Ref:821580)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
If rafe has another season like this year, and Williams have put all their eggs in his basket so to speak, the team as a whole are going to look mighty silly, thats why they won't do it.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:29 (Ref:821581)   #6
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant wait to see Kimmi and JPM on the same team. They have had so good fights as opponents, as teammates it should be even better. I think JPM will beat Kimmi though when they are teammates.

I dont know how JPM will survive this year. Its going to be tough. It will be even tougher if Williams does not have a good enough car to contend for the title. RS will be the one they cater to, not JPM.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 02:04 (Ref:821598)   #7
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is just a bit of psychological warfare going on here ,from Brawn,JPM can beat Ralf easily,it will be tougher for him to beat Kimi,and I doubt,he can do that
Old 28 Dec 2003, 03:47 (Ref:821623)   #8
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
The only way Ralf will get the full team behind him is if he dominates Montoya through the season. Frank, Patric and BMW want ot win, and could care less what car the number one is on next year as long as they win it.

They want the constructors chanpionship, the WDC is a pleasant addition.
exactly....if jpm has the better chance to clinch it for them then he'll get the support and vice versa for ralf...but then again i could be wrong.....after all we ARE dealing with the f1 "soap opera"...
Old 28 Dec 2003, 04:23 (Ref:821631)   #9
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brawn's statement only increases the respect of JPM. To be honest, I am fed up with these mind-games BS of Brawn. A few years ago ,it used to be Mika, now his concentration is totally on JPM. I bet JPM gave him some nightmares during 2003.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:15 (Ref:821644)   #10
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it's just opinion. Brawn was asked for a comment, and he based his answer on his F1 experience when MS leaving Benneton for Ferrari.

But, in other side, maybe it's show that Ross worried about Montoya next season. Brawn knows too well of how deadly Montoya is.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:49 (Ref:821668)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Brawn must have a lot of time on his hands to think of the prospects of individual drivers others than the ones contracted to his employer
Old 28 Dec 2003, 06:03 (Ref:821676)   #12
Beerman3000
Rookie

Beerman3000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just outta curiousity, food for thought, so to speak.

This past season, rumors in the states were saying when JPM and Jeff Gordon of NASCAR fame switched seats and took some hot laps in each others cars at Indianapolis, it was really an intoduction into F1 for Jeff Gordon. Word had it that it was the fine folks at Beemer brainstormed it and set it up. Not that JPM could ever drive in NASCAR, look how well Christian Fittipaldi did in open wheel and how bad he's tanked on the Stock Car circut. Thing is, Gordon's already won numerous titles in NASCAR and was raised in open wheel... He hasn't seemed as happy since his crew chief left him a few yrs. ago to start his own team. Alot of his fan base has seemed to evaporate, yeah, he's still a popular driver here, but I dunno, could he be in the wings to replace JPM??? Like I said, food for thought!!!

Last edited by Beerman3000; 28 Dec 2003 at 06:06.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 06:08 (Ref:821677)   #13
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Beerman...That is, without a doubt, the most improbable thing I've heard in weeks.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 12:14 (Ref:821787)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
Brawn's statement only increases the respect of JPM. To be honest, I am fed up with these mind-games BS of Brawn. A few years ago ,it used to be Mika, now his concentration is totally on JPM. I bet JPM gave him some nightmares during 2003.
Talk about mind games, how about the ones that Brawns own driver,TGF, goes through every day, by the press, the fans, team owners and even us here at the forum?

Every other article, thread or comment is about Michael. Should he retire, does he still have it, who's the next champ, does he make to many mistakes,and my favorite, is he really the best, blah, blah, blah.

So I think JPM can handle a couple of comments by Brawn, don't you?
Old 28 Dec 2003, 12:30 (Ref:821791)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By that logic, we should rename this the Ten-Tenths Motorsport Mind Games Forum. We're merely discussing the most important matters in racing, and of course a lot of those involve teh guy who's won the last 4 titles. Besides, what does who the next new champion is directly have to do with Mcihael? As much as it does with Rubens, or Wilson, or Gordon, or Joe Bloggs from Neasden.

Back to the (Michael-free) topic in hand, I think the main thing Montoya can do to get the team on his side is to have a great start, and completely blow Ralf away in teh frist 3 races, just like 2003, and make sure not to be as unlucky as he was in Malaysia. if he builds up a big points lead over Ralf in a close series, teh team will ahve to back him at least 50/50.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 13:43 (Ref:821814)   #16
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just trying to compare the constant "mind games" that Michael goes through daily, as compared to a few minor comments made of JPM by Brawn, thats all...

Danica Patrick
Old 28 Dec 2003, 14:02 (Ref:821827)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He said similar things on ITV.

The emphasis seemed to be on McLaren trying to destabilise Williams as the reason for signing Montoya. Well while it is always nice that your competitors don't have one of the best drviers out there I think the principle reason was that he thought he was the best driver they could get.

Still it was only on ITV.

The review was OK and Brawn, Brundle and McNish were excellent and interesting. However the ITV reports seemed ot miss the entire point of most things and Jim concentrated on his cliches, catchphrases and 'clever' links to be any use.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 14:56 (Ref:821839)   #18
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
If rafe has another season like this year, and Williams have put all their eggs in his basket so to speak, the team as a whole are going to look mighty silly, thats why they won't do it.
Why is it you and your colleague rose tinted specs love to bash on as ralf was to be a very bad driver?

Ralf outqualified juan pablo montoya 9-7 this year.
montoya,the pole animal.. tamed.

Furthermore id say williams looked silly because of montoya and not bcs of ralf in 2003.

They are very closely matched and if you talk uplifting about monty you should do it to ralf as well.

And freud,you dont live up to that name my friend.
You WANT to believe montoya is so good(like many more here).
But in reality he didnt do much and was outqualified by ralfie.

Brawns talk is nice but i doubt it will happen.Between hill and JV in 96 it all went very smooth and honest imo.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 16:30 (Ref:821869)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by mansellmania
Why is it you and your colleague rose tinted specs love to bash on as ralf was to be a very bad driver?

Where did i "bash" Rafe? I merely pointed out that if he ends up with only 3 podiums and 58 points, just as he did in 2003, and thats with the team concentrating on him solely, the entire Williams outfit are in for a bad season.

Quote:

Ralf outqualified juan pablo montoya 9-7 this year.
montoya,the pole animal.. tamed.

And what exactly did qualifying mean in 2003? Its the points that matter, but just to give you an example, in Monaco, JPM missed out on Rafes pole time by 0.156 of a second. Rafe pitted on lap 21, JPM went 2 laps further, and went on to win the race.

However, if you want to talk about qualifying when it was like seasons before 2003, how about 2002, Montoya 7 poles, Rafe 0, that was when stratergy didn't come into play.

Do you honestly believe that had the old rules existed for 2003, Vertappen would have claimed pole on the friday at France?

Quote:

Furthermore id say williams looked silly because of montoya and not bcs of ralf in 2003.

You would say that, i'd say neither made Williams look silly, but at times, both let themselves down. But, at the end of the day, points mean everything, and Rafe was over 20 points a drift from his team mate.

(P.S. please post properly as opposed to talking "text" )

Last edited by Mr V; 28 Dec 2003 at 16:32.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 16:52 (Ref:821877)   #20
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brawn has a history of stupid comments, just ignore him.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 28 Dec 2003, 16:54 (Ref:821879)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
But those comments lead on to some stupid posts
Old 28 Dec 2003, 18:10 (Ref:821917)   #22
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Where did i "bash" Rafe? I merely pointed out that if he ends up with only 3 podiums and 58 points, just as he did in 2003, and thats with the team concentrating on him solely, the entire Williams outfit are in for a bad season.

(P.S. please post properly as opposed to talking "text" )
You said it would look " mighty silly ", not just a bad season.
You refer to Ralf as Rafe in just about every post you make.
I think im entitled to say you're not a big fan of ralf and you love to satisfy that litle frustration with talking about him as Rafe and not as Ralf.

We used to do that in kindergarten at age 3 or 4, not as grown ups.

Also the convenient picking of results does not give the impression you regard ralf very high.
This year monty did not get a pole and ralf got 2 iirc.
This year the qualifying is even more important than last year as showed by Renaults tactics and especialy at monaco with shumi lining up 5th ending up 3rd.

Mighty Silly is what i would describe juan pablo montoyas 2003 campaign... here comes a year with favourable conditions, a short-wheelbase car capable of staying around the superb ferraris and what does montoya do.. spin out at leading positions,looking like a clown; mighty silly, very amusing, not very effective for taking constructorstrophies.

Im a big fan of Williams and am very happy at least Juan is gonna go away.
Hope they put Gene in that car next to Ralf in the races for 2004.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 18:12 (Ref:821918)   #23
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
Brawn has a history of stupid comments, just ignore him.
name a few

stacking up vs Patrick Head and Ron Dennis id say hes the most realistic and not known to shout stupid stuff.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 20:38 (Ref:821958)   #24
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
QUOTED BY MANSELMANIA

"And freud,you dont live up to that name my friend.
You WANT to believe montoya is so good(like many more here)."

I am asking myself a question that should I consider this a personal attack against myself?? Well I wouldnt stoop to your level..... Attack the post, not the poster, GOT IT!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 20:42 (Ref:821960)   #25
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ever since Brawn said that Montoya had not been fair at Nürburgring he's lost the respect of many people. "Caught up in the emotion"? He's old enough for that...

Tags
jpm