Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 17 Mar 2007, 20:11 (Ref:1869422)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top Gear of the pops! (Comic Relief)

mabey a little off topic, but that was cool! Glad they pulled the plug on that hip hop!
Old 17 Mar 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1869443)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was quite good wasn't it!

And their performance at the end was not so bad either!

Can't remember much more as I was giggling throughout.
Old 17 Mar 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1869508)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quite good? It was appalling, self-indulgent nonsense.

If you are going to have a Top of the Pops cross-over then at least have a few more bands on, and without the 'comedy' effect wind machine/fireworks. That might have been funny when the Two Ronnies did it 20 years ago.

But it's all for charitee mate, so that's ok.
Old 17 Mar 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1869522)   #4
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes

If you are going to have a Top of the Pops cross-over then at least have a few more bands on, and without the 'comedy' effect wind machine/fireworks. That might have been funny when the Two Ronnies did it 20 years ago.

lighten up

i only saw the last part of the show. i have to say i was impressed with the trio playing as a band. i never would have immagined JC as a drummer. and hammond is quite a good bassist. we alreay know about may and his degree in music

pretty good from what i saw, and all for charity which is good.
Old 17 Mar 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1869524)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jermy Clarkson on this "Dizee Rascal" was hilarious.

"what the %%%% is that?"

Then when he called him jizzy tissue >.<

Ace.

=]
Old 17 Mar 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1869528)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone pass redshoes his pipe and slippers would you.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1869995)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Can I point you to the published programme description
Quote:
Top Gear of the Pops
Top Gear collides head on with Top of the Pops as Jeremy, Richard and James present their own version of the iconic chart show. Expect the regular Top Gear features including the Cool Wall, absurd challenges and fire-breathing reviews, to rain down on the pop world.
If you had, as the description suggested, excepted the Cool Wall, absurd challenges and fire-breathing reviews, you would have been very disappointed.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1870005)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If you had, as the description suggested, expected the Cool Wall,
Well, we can have our own cool wall!
Cheeky Girls - obviously seriously uncool
Take That - whilst I don't like them, I'd actually say they're cool at the minute?

Got to agree with you redshoes though to an extent. It was only just a little better than average. Although I was overjoyed when Jezza pulled the plug on Spun miscreant or whoever they were, the show never seemed to get going for me. Some very funny moments for sure, and some good music (even though I'd rather have seen a bit more), but I'd have expected better.
If anything it proves that the Top Gear format (which was the fundamental base of the programme) doesn't work in anything less than an hour.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:15 (Ref:1872468)   #9
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was pretty funny - couldn't agree more with Clarkson about Lethal Swizzle-stick or whatever it was called... total garbage. The sofa-hyundai-administration song was pretty good too, shame McFly probably didn't actually write it though - I assume the people who write all their other songs were probably behind that.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1872604)   #10
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So let me get this right.

It was Red Nose Day, the Big One no less (tm), and yet you expected to enjoy some quality programming on the BBC?

Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1872633)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

Hmm good point

In retrospect I think they missed a trick. Should have got The Stig on stage to play guitar with one of the groups.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1873288)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In retrospect I think they missed a trick. Should have got The Stig on stage to play guitar with one of the groups.
Thus fuelling the prevalent rumours amongst the ever clueless that The Stig is Damon Hill... I like it!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1873379)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest I too felt that the show lacked a little "something" during most of the duration. However as has been said there was some very funny moments and it was good to see the guys attempt at music towards the end. Sure it wasnt up to their usual standards but hey it was a good idea. IMO.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 09:59 (Ref:1874363)   #14
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Thus fuelling the prevalent rumours amongst the ever clueless that The Stig is Damon Hill... I like it!

if you look here there is a clip where you can find the Stig talking:

http://www.flabber.nl/archief/019607.php
Old 23 Mar 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1874377)   #15
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

But that's enough of Girls Aloud vs Sugababes.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1874796)   #16
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was good. What were you expecting, them to devote weeks and weeks making it perfect?
Old 25 Mar 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1875854)   #17
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen
if you look here there is a clip where you can find the Stig talking:

http://www.flabber.nl/archief/019607.php
im allowed to have a pop and i think its johnny mowlem or guy smith, and i think im right