Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Mar 2009, 18:35 (Ref:2410524)   #1
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MSVR Season Starter - Green Light for Comic Relief!

Sorry, I don't know how to link to a pdf so I've pasted the text (I can mail it to someone to post)

Well who's up for it? Sadly I will be moving house that weekend otherwise I'm sure I'd go for it

GREEN light for Red Nose!
MSVR Season Starter to include Comic Relief fundraiser race
The MSVR ‘Season Starter’ race meeting at Brands Hatch on March 15 will now include a special additional charity event.
As well as the opening round of the GAZ Shocks Production BMW Championship, Toyo Tires Racing Saloons, Cannon’s Tin Tops & Intermarque, MSVR has added a one-off event: the 2009 ‘Red Nose Challenge’.
Sponsored by MSAR Safety - www.msar-safety.com – and organised by Project 8 Racing, competitors, officials and marshals will compete over a single lap of the famous Brands Hatch Indy circuit on foot.
All finishers will be entered into a prize draw with the winner receiving a HANS device* generously donated by MSAR.
The entry fee is £10 and all proceeds will go to Comic Relief.
In celebration of the fundraising event, all cars competing in the GAZ Shocks Production BMW Championship and Toyo Tires Racing Saloons events will sport a red nose.
MSVR Race Operations Manager, David Scott, said “We are delighted to give our support to this additional event which is the brainchild of P8R’s John Willcocks - it should be a lot of fun”!

MSVR contact: Gemma Mole
Old 6 Mar 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2410560)   #2
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
officials and marshals will compete over a single lap of the famous Brands Hatch Indy circuit on foot.

If I wasn't at snet, I think i'd pay £10 just to see that!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2410562)   #3
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done for someone coming up with a good idea.
Unfortunately I'm at the wrong end of the country to take part.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2410563)   #4
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was thinking the same,
watching marshals go from the bottom of paddock hill bend to Druids,
Now that would be funny
Old 6 Mar 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2410600)   #5
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was there, that's not something I'd be doing!!! The day's racing would have to be postponed to give me time to get round
I would pay to watch however!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2410603)   #6
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Miss P, I think you're on to a good idea, perhaps people should be asked to pay NOT to have to do it

(says the woman who will be safely at the other end of the country )
Old 7 Mar 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2410881)   #7
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
count me in for that
Old 7 Mar 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2411096)   #8
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Funny, I hav'nt heard anything.. or maybe not?

a ha
a ha hah
ahahahaha

Take that as a no, not even if you paid me the tenner!

Wild guess now... will this be during lunch break? Standdown on post if not competing...(Joking folks, no need for an email)
50 minutes would be barely enough time for me to stroll round. Have you seen the height of that damn hill after 4a?

However, I do remember one of the younger uns mentioning something in a post that pre and post race day jogging should be part of marshalling.

off to do some e-chaelogy now...

Yessss Staid Davenport, you are the one...... said this recently..my bolding and underlining..

Quote:
Originally Posted by staid davenport View Post
Fitness! I think experienced marshalls could also concentrate on improving their general health and fitness whilst on duty. So many marshalls stand around all day eating pork pies (!!!). Maybe you should all go for a quick jog around the track at the start and end of the day (I've run round silverstone a few times its really not that far!)- it would be great for your health and also you'd be able to jump out of the way quickier when the aforementioned pork pie attracts a renegade f.renault to your post at 100+mph!
My money is on this boy to win then. If he can run round Silverstone (note he's no saying which layout) then Brands Indy like Dwain the druggie will be a piece o' piddle.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2411153)   #9
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
a ha
Have you seen the height of that damn hill after 4a?
Never mind that....I find the walk from the pit lane to the Kentagon hard going these days so I can't tell you how glad I am that I will be elsewhere
Old 7 Mar 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2411231)   #10
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
Marky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea.... for other people to do but i would pay £10 to watch jim (Jaysal) run up the hill to Druids. and roll down the other side!!!!

Mark
Old 7 Mar 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2411257)   #11
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=Marky;2411231]Good idea.... for other people to do but i would pay £10 to watch jim (Jaysal) run up the hill to Druids. and roll down the other side!!!!
quote]

me too , i wasn't going but if jim is gonna run round brands it might be worth the trip ..hehe
Old 8 Mar 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2411517)   #12
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
Good idea.... for other people to do but i would pay £10 to watch jim (Jaysal) run up the hill to Druids. and roll down the other side!!!!

Mark

Well, I think at least £15 would go to charity if anyone can get Marky running round the track...

By the sounds of it, he would be able to keep jaysalv company at the back of the pack!

Morning Mark!!
Old 8 Mar 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2411539)   #13
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Well, I think at least £15 would go to charity if anyone can get Marky running round the track...

By the sounds of it, he would be able to keep jaysalv company at the back of the pack!

Morning Mark!!
Morning David

not me way to far lol

Mark
Old 8 Mar 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2411610)   #14
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
cheers for that woody although i may look a little chubby round the edges i will give it a go lol and i will even pay for mark to do it with me hehe . david do yhou think mark could do it ?
Old 8 Mar 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2411615)   #15
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
i think if woody is going on sunday he should do it as well what you reckon jim.
and no i cant do it with my back, but i can happly watch haha
Old 8 Mar 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2411622)   #16
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
im sure woody would do it just dangle a pack of fags and some jaffa cakes in front of him . and bad back mark are you kidding me are you falling apart
Old 8 Mar 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2411625)   #17
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv View Post
im sure woody would do it just dangle a pack of fags and some jaffa cakes in front of him
HAHA

its a semi slipped disc aparantly
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:15 (Ref:2411911)   #18
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope thats on the indy circuit, you find people hiding in the woods half way around having a crafty fag a la school cross country if you're not careful
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:19 (Ref:2411913)   #19
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
i hope thats on the indy circuit, you find people hiding in the woods half way around having a crafty fag a la school cross country if you're not careful
You think that far? I'd be doing that by the pit lane exit!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2411946)   #20
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Think i could do this......just!!!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2412134)   #21
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First I've heard of this, and I'm already down to be at at Brands on Sunday (1st meeting of 2009 - the wait is over!). Might slip a pair of trainers into the bag in case I feel brave/stipid enough to give this a go, an entire lap of the Indy circuit in safety boots would not be clever!
Old 10 Mar 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2412773)   #22
Piglet
Veteran

I'm not sure how it's being advertised, I think it's been put together at short notice so it may only be advertised at the circuit and locally (if it's open to the rest of the area as the Sport Relief mile thingie at Snet was before)

So go prepared if you want to have a go and perhaps forewarn anyone else who is going to take suitable shoes if they fancy having a go.

Well done to all who are going to participate
Old 10 Mar 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2412959)   #23
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I want to know is, are the Rescue Crew and Doctors doing the run or will they be strategically placed around the circuit ready to come to the aid of those like me who will probably "crash" before completing the distance?

Old 10 Mar 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2412964)   #24
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fear not my orange friends. This is not a race but a gentle stroll around the rolling hills of Kent in aid of a great cause.All finishers will be entered in the draw. If you don't need or want the HANS device you can opt for an attractive cash alternative and the HANS will be auctioned at the finish line.
Advice will be available to the unfit, infirm and obese and to marshals.

Regs for the event will be available at sign-on. I hope that you can encourage as many people as possible to join in.
See you on Sunday in whatever capacity.
John #100 in TTRS
Old 10 Mar 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2412983)   #25
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A gentle stroll? Like actually moving, one foot after another? The things you have to do nowadays to marshal, dear oh dear.
That will never work for me, so am I allowed to use my wheelchair (but only downhill from Druids)?