Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Sep 2007, 08:21 (Ref:2016536)   #1
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Performance Car Mania - Winton Sept 21-23, 2007

Performance Car Mania is on at Winton once again this weekend with the usual events such as Cruising, Go to Whoa, Burnouts and drags.

Scrutineering starts on Friday with some evening cruising & drags to follow.

Saturday & Sunday both start at 9am.

More info here. http://www.performancecarmania.com.au/
Old 18 Sep 2007, 11:03 (Ref:2016721)   #2
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who Cares?????????????????????????????
Old 18 Sep 2007, 22:24 (Ref:2017483)   #3
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'd be there if you weren't stuck at home at the moment
Old 18 Sep 2007, 22:48 (Ref:2017486)   #4
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I care. . .. . . . . .ok, I dont really, Im only going in the hope I see a hoons pride and joy using the armco for support

Mick
Old 19 Sep 2007, 01:37 (Ref:2017536)   #5
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
I care. . .. . . . . .ok, I dont really, Im only going in the hope I see a hoons pride and joy using the armco for support

Mick
Concrete up there Mick, not Armco.

Which does far more damage to pride, joy & wallet
Old 19 Sep 2007, 10:49 (Ref:2017788)   #6
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Between Winton & Wakefield
Adam Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually it was a 66 Mustang (I think) that hit the guard rail on the inside of the old pitlane last year. And a VQ statesman that rolled at 9. But it was all fun. We nearly have as many pre-entries at the moment as we had all toll last year. Gonna be big this year!!
Old 19 Sep 2007, 12:15 (Ref:2017868)   #7
BFC
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
You'd be there if you weren't stuck at home at the moment
yes i know but i'll be thinking of you all
Old 19 Sep 2007, 22:47 (Ref:2018359)   #8
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ronke
Actually it was a 66 Mustang (I think) that hit the guard rail on the inside of the old pitlane last year. And a VQ statesman that rolled at 9. But it was all fun. We nearly have as many pre-entries at the moment as we had all toll last year. Gonna be big this year!!
Wait a minute, the INSIDE of the old pit lane? Like being in the pits and then hitting the armco?? This is going to be more fun than I imagined..

Catch you there,

Mick

ps any chance of giving my Fiat a discretionary on the dyno?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 06:42 (Ref:2018486)   #9
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Yeah the burnout area is inside the old pit lane.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 09:10 (Ref:2018592)   #10
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
Wait a minute, the INSIDE of the old pit lane? Like being in the pits and then hitting the armco?? This is going to be more fun than I imagined..
Most activities take place on the race track itself BUT Burn Outs are restricted to the old pit lane to minimise the damage to the surface of the race track.

There is a Cruise & Drags session on Friday Arvo/Evening so if you're available wander over. This event is a chance for all of Wintons regular officials to try something different and I intend to share the duties around with everyone.

As you might've guessed reading the way I've worded the comments above I'm the Clerk of Course for the weekend and it's my intention for us all to have a fun and successful weekend which should be easy as the regular CoC's wont be there
Old 20 Sep 2007, 12:04 (Ref:2018839)   #11
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
As you might've guessed reading the way I've worded the comments above I'm the Clerk of Course for the weekend and it's my intention for us all to have a fun and successful weekend which should be easy as the regular CoC's wont be there
CofC....????? Oh the comments that come to mind....... How 'bout we settle for "Clogs of Course"

Maybe I'll just say, that no matter what sort of job you do, it couldn't possibly be worse than the Meeting Director last week at Sandown.

Either way, see you at the "Centre of Australian Motorsport", NEXT weekend.

Last edited by Uncle Cranker; 20 Sep 2007 at 12:10.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 22:36 (Ref:2020139)   #12
dmcl
Racer

dmcl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and it's my intention for us all to have a fun and successful weekend which should be easy as the regular CoC's wont be there
hmmmm, knowing that the Staff at Winton all read this, you may have signed your own death warrant PVDA, word will get back. Wonder if there is a witness protection scheme for motorsport officials, might have to bundle you off to QROA or SAMROA after that one for your own protection
Old 22 Sep 2007, 03:34 (Ref:2020224)   #13
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcl
hmmmm, knowing that the Staff at Winton all read this, you may have signed your own death warrant PVDA, word will get back. Wonder if there is a witness protection scheme for motorsport officials, might have to bundle you off to QROA or SAMROA after that one for your own protection

Even better, he could move to Terror Lake, change his surname to "Thompson" and live on a houseboat.

But who would play the role of Sideshow Bob, because he is at Winton, not Calder......
Old 23 Sep 2007, 22:29 (Ref:2021337)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
You two will keep although if we ever work out who Uncle Cranker is he may well require a witness relocation

180 entries and over 200 if you count the dB challenge only entries turned up with lots of track cruising time.

No upside downs, couple of engine detonations in the burn out pad and a couple on the Dyno challenge was the worse of the damage as well as event sponsor Bob Jane T Marts no doubt looking to sell a few tyres this week to replace all the one trashed in the burn outs.

I think we need to arrange a school for some of our competitors to teach them that a lack of wheel spin means traction which means a quicker time in the Drags & Go to Whoa

From Winton and especially myself, thanks to the officials who helped out over the three days of the event as it really made my job easier knowing I could assign a task to you guys and it was done quickly.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 23:10 (Ref:2021346)   #15
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
AWESOME weekend!!

Nackers did a wonderful job in Event Control. All the Officials, Rohan, Tony, Graham, Cooky, JM, Fran, Deb, Mick, Myles, Roly, Pat, Troy, Don, (and I am sure I have missed some people), all did a great job to get us through the weekend. To the Judges, Wazza Sheehan and Ross Wood, thanks also for your help.

Dr Drift ran the Dyno for us and it went off without a problem and it really was a credit to him because we didn't have to worry what was happening.

dB Drags ran by Angelo was the same, he turned up did his thing and gave me the results. Thanks heaps.

As the organiser of the event I was extremely impressed at how smoothly everything ran, and it really was a credit to the small crew that put it together.

I was shocked to see my car on the track with Ross Wood at the wheel in the Go-to-Whoa where Ross managed to set the fourth quickest time for the day.

Can't wait for the next one! Hopefully there may be 2 events next year - I am pushing for a second one at a venue in NSW
Old 24 Sep 2007, 07:49 (Ref:2021469)   #16
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad it went well Adam, sounds like the numbers are getting better.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2021663)   #17
BFC
Racer

Quote:
From Winton and especially myself, thanks to the officials who helped out over the three days of the event as it really made my job easier knowing I could assign a task to you guys and it was done quickly.
YOU'RE WELCOME