Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 21 May 2001, 14:10 (Ref:94805)   #1
ZXRobert
Rookie

ZXRobert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
250GP ramblings...

Hi folks; this is my maiden voyage as a poster...great site you have here :-)

Regarding the 250GP class, what do we make of Katoh..? Can he be beaten? I'd like to think that Melandri is making some serious headway, and will take a win before season's end - courageous ride by him yesterday, by the way - and what do we make of the 500 class in the coming years...young guns Rossi, Katoh, & Melandri duking it out...could be quite the spectacle, assuming that the "technical powers that be" got their numbers right regarding four-stroke v. two-stroke parity.

Forza Ducati!

Robert
Old 23 May 2001, 12:22 (Ref:95529)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome ZXRoberts. I hope you make many more trips to the site, especially this lovely little forum

Katoh can be beaten, anyone can. But I don't know if anyone will be able to do it consistently.
Old 24 May 2001, 01:00 (Ref:95771)   #3
Wolf
Rookie

Wolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm reluctant to write off Harada... Ol' man still has some fight in him. I'll always remember dices he used to have with Biaggi, Waldmann and Jacques.
Old 26 May 2001, 05:49 (Ref:96741)   #4
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gunning for Katoh!! I want him to win every race this session and going on the last laps of La Mans i'd like to think his got it in the bag.

Melandri is a pretty likeable chap, I would like to see him stay in 250cc for a few more years (he is only 18 isn't he). He is a talent but has he even won a 250cc race yet??? It is a little early to be talking him up and great riders speak with there results.

Harada's effort this session makes you feel for him over the last two year riding that under powered aprilla 500!!! I can't imagine anything most dishearting then to be an contenter ability wise but having to ride a slow bike (that said he did put it on pole once)

I think that aprilla showed there colours by there continued
support of him this year. And good on them. Obviously they are a moral company, who realize that they are lucky to have him.
Old 26 May 2001, 06:53 (Ref:96766)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he has a sensational record katoh - 24 races for 10 wins, the way he is racing he could win every race and dominate......is the honda a far better bike than the aprilias? ......harada should win a gp eventually aswell as melandri (when fit)

alzamora is starting to get some results in the last 2 gp's, spewing ant west aint doing another year in the 250's on a factory honda....