Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:47 (Ref:2033638)   #1
zork
Rookie

England
lincoln uk
zork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Ferrari cheat in China?

Did ferrari cheat in china by using the fans to dry the pit lane surface?
I thought they had banned laying tyre warmers on the track as this was classed as altering the track conditions. surely what ferrari did in the pits amounts to the same tactic???????
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:48 (Ref:2033640)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zork
I thought they had banned laying tyre warmers on the track as this was classed as altering the track conditions. surely what ferrari did in the pits amounts to the same tactic???????
I sincerely doubt that they'd do it so openly if it were illegal.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:50 (Ref:2033646)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I've seen all teams dry the grid space for their cars before a race, so doing it in the pits must be allowed?
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:50 (Ref:2033647)   #4
zork
Rookie

England
lincoln uk
zork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well a few years ago yamaha used a scooter to lay rubber on rossi's grid spot in moto gp and he got put to the back of the grid
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:53 (Ref:2033649)   #5
Patrick Fletche
Racer

Patrick Fletche has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
So they get disqualified.
So Alonso gets the points for coming first.

Now that would be interesting!!!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:53 (Ref:2033650)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well a few years ago yamaha used a scooter to lay rubber on rossi's grid spot in moto gp and he got put to the back of the grid
Well, for starters, it's an entirely different series. But using a scooter to lay down rubber, whilst being blatent cheating, is totally different to drying the pit hatching with a leaf blower.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:23 (Ref:2033673)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:24 (Ref:2033674)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice way to kill of a tidbit of info from a series that produces actual racing in the dry.

Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:40 (Ref:2033698)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I believe its illegal to do this on the grid, but not in the pitlane.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2033704)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Considering that the surface of the pit boxes is really slippery and therefore quite dangerous when it's wet, I doubt there's anything wrong with drying it to stop the cars sliding when they come in. I think anybody who thinks that's cheating is clutching at straws.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2033706)   #11
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FIA F1 2007 Sporting Regulations

23.1 e) Other than drying, sweeping or any tyre rubber left when cars leave their pit stop position, Competitors may not attempt to enhance the grip of the surface in the pit lane unless a problem has been clearly identified and a solution agreed to by the FIA safety delegate.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:48 (Ref:2033710)   #12
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...plus, they did so AFTER all the pitstops had finished...lol as much as I would love to see a different result!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 10:26 (Ref:2033763)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari cheated. Because they didn't blow dry the pit entry, hence should be responsible for Lewis' retirement

In fact, they should be punished for not drying the track too.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 10:40 (Ref:2033774)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A wet pitlane entrance surely counts as a 'problem' needing to be corrected though? The pitlane isn't dried by regular use the way the track is, and remember that China's pitlane is enclosed, so the dry air won't get to it as easily at most tracks.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 11:45 (Ref:2033834)   #15
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i just want a ferrari leaf blower, its gotta be cheaper than a ferrari car and i can still say to the missus "im going out to play with the ferrari"
Old 7 Oct 2007, 11:53 (Ref:2033847)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is further evidence of the scum that Ferrari are!

This is a common practice so nothing to get hot under the collar about frankly. Barely worth thinking about.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2033849)   #17
cobra77
Rookie

cobra77 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
A wet pitlane entrance surely counts as a 'problem' needing to be corrected though? The pitlane isn't dried by regular use the way the track is, and remember that China's pitlane is enclosed, so the dry air won't get to it as easily at most tracks.
Well, I hardly think a wet pitlane will cause anyone to spin. Only if you come with too much speed. Hamilton made a rookie mistake that's all
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:01 (Ref:2033855)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggums
OMG, look everybody, a plane crash! C'mon don't be shy, gather round...
I don't believe the title of this thread, sorry Zork.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 7 Oct 2007 at 12:08.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:09 (Ref:2033865)   #19
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
I don't believe the title of this thread, sorry Zork.
Same
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:19 (Ref:2033882)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
This is further evidence of the scum that Ferrari are!

This is a common practice so nothing to get hot under the collar about frankly. Barely worth thinking about.
And gives a good traffic in the forum too...
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:33 (Ref:2033895)   #21
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
zork, are you quite sure you spelt your username correctly when you joined?
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:45 (Ref:2033902)   #22
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
It's just luck or bad luck really.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:45 (Ref:2033904)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 13:46 (Ref:2033965)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
zork, are you quite sure you spelt your username correctly when you joined?
Maybe he's an old-fashioned adventure gamer.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 13:54 (Ref:2033970)   #25
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No