Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jun 2001, 16:30 (Ref:99815)   #1
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Newey to stay at McLaren!

From F1-live:

Quote:
McLaren technical director, Adrian Newey has confirmed his commitment to stay at the Woking outfit for a period of three years beyond the terms of his existing contract, which expires in August 2002. Earlier today the Jaguar Racing outfit confirmed that Newey would be joining them as of August next year, something McLaren vehemently denied. Now it appears as if there was some confusion over comments made by Newey to Bobby Rahal and there are no plans on his departure after all.

“Clearly Adrian has been looking for fresh challenges, he has now concluded that we can provide them from within our organization,” Ron Dennis explained. “I know how competitive Adrian is and I am very comfortable that he will continue to apply his usual energy to our program.”

McLaren and Adrian very much regret the confusion, which was caused by the statements released earlier today, however, both parties are delighted to continue this successful relationship, which has developed over the past four years. During the extended term of Adrian's contract with the team, he will remain Technical Director responsible for the design of the 2002 and 2003 cars. It is anticipated that during this time Adrian and the team will evaluate other sporting technical challenges, which they may pursue in the future. It is now very much the priority of Adrian and the team to concentrate on winning more races and the Championship in 2001, whilst making the best preparation for the 2002 campaign.

“Whilst I am delighted to confirm my intention to remain at McLaren International and recognise that there are many exciting opportunities ahead, I regret any speculation which has been caused by my conversations with my good friend Bobby Rahal,” Newey remarked. “I appreciate that I came very close to working with him again and have agonised over this decision. I informed him of my decision to remain at McLaren some time prior to the release issued this morning by Jaguar Racing but I understand that the mechanisms of this release made it impossible to stop and I am sorry for any embarrassment that it will have caused to my friends at Jaguar and McLaren.”
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 1 Jun 2001, 16:33 (Ref:99816)   #2
garyegrant
Rookie

garyegrant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One word: Yay!!!

Yet another PR disaster at Jaguar though - again the words 'p*ss-up' and 'brewery' rise to mind....

Last edited by garyegrant; 1 Jun 2001 at 16:34.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 16:35 (Ref:99818)   #3
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, damn.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 16:40 (Ref:99825)   #4
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, I'm glad that's settled then. For now......
Old 1 Jun 2001, 17:10 (Ref:99849)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Adrian Newey.."So Ron I think it is time you and I talked money"

Ron Dennis...."I was afraid you were going to mention that"

Ron Dennis..."How about a TAG watch of your choice of course..WAIT and one of our super hi-fi systems..

Adrian...Excuse me Ron....Picks up the phone...Is this Jaguar? Let me speak to my buddy Bob..
Old 1 Jun 2001, 17:21 (Ref:99861)   #6
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that a joke?
Old 1 Jun 2001, 17:36 (Ref:99871)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What da fah......???!!!!