Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Mar 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2156504)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Testday March 19th

A bright sunny morning with a full diner and 84 cars booked in, what more can a man ask for?
Circuit staff had been busy since Sunday, with Post 9 getting a hut and Post 8 losing a roof (it's being transformed from an 'outhouse' into a Marshals Box).
The cars were split into 3 sessions, of 20 minutes x 3 - Saloons, Sports and then Single Seaters.
The saloons were predominately Fiestas with 15 of them practicing for Mondays race, there were joined by a TVR Tasmin, a Punto, a Pick Up, a mark 1 Cortina, a Honda Accord, a Marcos, a Morgan and from the MG Family - 2 Midgets, an F and a B.
The sports cars were next out and covered a wide range of the definition, from Jason Minshaw in a Chevron B6, a couple of Caterhams, a V6 Eurocar (running a Duratec engine), a Cooper Bobtail, a Lotus Elan, assorted TVR's, a very souped up Mini, a Lenham, a Stingray and a Sierra Cosworth.
Busiest man out there was Jeremy Welsh (son of Denis) who took out 4 different Austin Healys.
The single seaters were last out and again had a wide mix, from ex F1 driver Ian Ashton in a Cooper which was joined by another, a Chevron F2 car, 9 F.Ford 1600's along with assorted other slicks & wings variants and what I took to be 2 current F3 cars. Nick Tandy in Number 28, and Justin Sherwood in what turned out to be a Formula Masters car, although in grey carbon fibre it still looked F3 ish to me.
A problem free morning with just a couple of stops for gravel visitors.
I wondered if the 71 bikes & 10 sidecars would have an enjoyable afternoon as I headed home.
Picture 012 is Peter Daly, 016 is Justin Sherwood in the Formula Masters car, 017 is the Lola T70 that was in the Paddock but didn't turn a wheel and 018 is Nick Tandys F3 car.

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 16 Apr 2008 at 12:31.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2156706)   #2
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds like a good day, i cant make the ford day this weekend. By any chance you didn't get any pictures of the Mini did you. who was driving it?

Thanks
Old 19 Mar 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2156718)   #3
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet again another glorious day for you Dave!
Sorry not able to join in fun or the full Mallory Breakfast.
There again on 27th april for AMOC.
Catch up with you soon, hopefully
Old 19 Mar 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2156723)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry i didn't take any pictures or know who was in it - mission failed, must try again next week!
Old 19 Mar 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2156758)   #5
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Sorry i didn't take any pictures or know who was in it - mission failed, must try again next week!
Just wondered you see i love mini's and a souped up one sounds like something i have to investigate .

Cheers