Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 May 2008, 01:01 (Ref:2209458)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coca Cola 600

Geez....qualifying has just finished and still no thread for one of the biggest stockcar races of the year! Granted there is a couple of other "big" races this Sunday. i'll be on the couch for all three MCGP, 500 & 600, greatest single day of racing all year ....and the ramble will stop there.

Rowdy still on a roll with the pole....needless to say. Kasey keeps up his quickness at Charlotte with the outside pole.

times/lineup:

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2008...ta/lineup.html

J. Green, Barrett, Wood, Nemechek and Raines failed to qualify.
Old 23 May 2008, 01:16 (Ref:2209470)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sorry...

it's called the Coca Cola 600 now at Lowe's Motorspeedway....ooops.
Old 23 May 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2209577)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea, you might wanna get upto date on the race name
Old 23 May 2008, 07:17 (Ref:2209581)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedworx
I'm pretty sure he knows the race name
Old 23 May 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2209602)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
kyle busch, he sure is the man of NASCAR at the moment... when is marcos ambrose going to make his CUP debut, thought he was doing 13 races this year
Old 23 May 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2209713)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedworx
send me a list of all the sponserships, please.

looks like it will be Humpy's last 600 as presdent of LOWES MS .
Old 23 May 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2209783)   #7
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
kyle busch, he sure is the man of NASCAR at the moment... when is marcos ambrose going to make his CUP debut, thought he was doing 13 races this year
Jayski has him down as starting later in the year
Quote:
Marcos Ambrose planned 2008 Races (4) in the #47 Little Debbie Ford:
Indianapolis [7/27]
Kansas [9/28]
Atlanta [10/26]
Homestead [11/16]

Marcos Ambrose planned 2008 Schedule in the #21:
Infineon Raceway [6/22]
Watkins Glen [8/10]
others TBA
Old 25 May 2008, 06:23 (Ref:2211002)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
another "nationwide" win for kyle busch - he must be getting sick of winning

Nationwide Points after 13 rounds...

1. Clint Bowyer 1890
2. Kyle Busch 1823
3. Carl Edwards 1714
4. David Reutimann 1702
5. Brad Keselowski 1670
6. David Ragan 1664
7. Mike Bliss 1663
8. Jason Leffler 1552
9. Mike Wallace 1482
10. David Stremme 1454

14. Marcos Ambrose 1370
Old 25 May 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2211698)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
anyone know of a live stream?
Old 25 May 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2211733)   #10
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.justin.tv/djoliva

There you go.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 25 May 2008, 23:54 (Ref:2211818)   #11
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone watching?
Old 26 May 2008, 00:57 (Ref:2211852)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, got it on TSN... what a shame we don't get coverage like this back home. Since I've been here I've seen the last three Sprint and Nationwide races free of charge... beats Sky!

Could Jr finally win do we think?
Old 26 May 2008, 01:10 (Ref:2211861)   #13
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.

It is shaping up to be a blinder though!
Old 26 May 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2212385)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
too bad for JR...when is going to get a break?

good to see KK strong and win again.
Old 27 May 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2212710)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
yeah, it was good to see kasey get that dodge back into the winner's circle - good drive by sam hornish in 13th aswell...
Old 27 May 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2212790)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Yep, got it on TSN... what a shame we don't get coverage like this back home. Since I've been here I've seen the last three Sprint and Nationwide races free of charge... beats Sky!
"Free of charge"? I assume you have been staying in hotels, and such? Even then, "free" is not quite the word. These channels are not "free" in any sense in the Canada in which I live.

You also need to remember that this happens to be the all-dominating motorsport on this continent. The UK, or any given domestic nation, will have far more significant coverage of their relevant series than elsewhere. The likes of A1GP, AussieV8, LMS, and such, get rather near non-existent coverage here (well, they get off-season bare coverage - on the distinctly pay service that is Speed).

How much do you think we see of UK motorsport over here?

I am not meaning to be a dink here, but, really, please consider things in context.

Last edited by Dutton; 27 May 2008 at 08:04.
Old 27 May 2008, 12:19 (Ref:2212959)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Missed the race as I was away a couple of days sadly.

My tip was Biffle, so I managed to complete a trio of predictions for Sunday that were completely wrong.

Just waiting to watch the highlights on C5 now, which will teach me approximately nothing about the race that took place.
Old 27 May 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2213150)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
"Free of charge"? I assume you have been staying in hotels, and such? Even then, "free" is not quite the word. These channels are not "free" in any sense in the Canada in which I live.

You also need to remember that this happens to be the all-dominating motorsport on this continent. The UK, or any given domestic nation, will have far more significant coverage of their relevant series than elsewhere. The likes of A1GP, AussieV8, LMS, and such, get rather near non-existent coverage here (well, they get off-season bare coverage - on the distinctly pay service that is Speed).

How much do you think we see of UK motorsport over here?

I am not meaning to be a dink here, but, really, please consider things in context.
My heart bleeds for you having to endure living in Canada...
Old 29 May 2008, 07:04 (Ref:2214411)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It has its pros and cons: just like anywhere else.

Do you have a point that is actually related to previous comments?

Last edited by Dutton; 29 May 2008 at 07:11.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 05:45 (Ref:2216268)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I think I already made it, fella...