Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jun 2001, 12:28 (Ref:103879)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
awesome action

i was watching my home in full copies of the 84 and 85 bathurst's and loved all the action i saw, especially hardies heroes, why can't today's cars move around like they did and still go fast. Dick Johnson's XE was sideways at nearly every corner, and when was the last time you saw cars coming through mcphillimay park sideways, like Gary Scoot did in 86 and got pole, wouldn't happen today. Cochrane (****er) should take a leaf out of the british rules, make the wings ineffective so they move around more, and with the power of the V8's they would be wonderful to watch, especially through the first corner's at a place like QR
Old 11 Jun 2001, 12:56 (Ref:103896)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem is that the cars look chunky and different to the other cars with their bigs wings...I agree, lop them off, but then some of the appeal of the cars would be deminished.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 13:35 (Ref:103916)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Crash, I for one am willing to trade uglier race cars for better and more exciting racing. I mean, The AU is pretty ugly anyway (sorry Moff )

I would like the cars to go back to production based models with radial tyres - now that would be action.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 23:01 (Ref:104117)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I agree, better racing would be nice. But produciton based models on radial tyres- shoot, not even GTP can manage that anymore!
Old 12 Jun 2001, 06:43 (Ref:104247)   #5
hypo
Racer

hypo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahhh, you gotta love the sight of DJ`s big green XE hamering around Bathurst.

As Russell Ingall said on the V8 Superstars programme a couple of episodes ago, why don`t they keep the wings for the looks but just shape them in a way that makes them do stuff all!
Then you`ll have the looks but not the downforce.