Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Jul 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2250513)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Oulton Park, July 12th.

A meeting with nothing but Formula Fords & Caterhams promised to be interesting - a wet start to the day reinforced that promise...we were not disappointed. It was certainly entertaining at Foulstons (does anybody call it Brittens?).

Star turn (literally!) of the day must be the Caterham driver who started his practice session with a spin at Shell, immediately followed by a spin at Foulstons. Next time round as he exited Shell we heard race control ask for a black & white flag for him - as if in celebration he spun at Foulstons! A few uneventful laps & he spun at Foulstons yet again - I could hardly phone that one in for laughing!

The gravel trap at Shell in was a fine sight at the end of the first Roadsport A race - six cars neatly parked & six drivers sitting in a row on the tyre wall like migrating swallows! I've never seen so many drivers caught out by a dry track!

...& then there was the Formula Ford driver who pulled off at Foulstons & signalled for a straight tow before getting out of the car.

Looks like my quiet season may be over...

Last edited by Dave Brand; 14 Jul 2008 at 09:22.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2250582)   #2
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
totally agree, star drive for me was caterham (roadsports B if memory serves) spun at Old hall, rejoined, caught & passed several. then in 2nd race continued passing + finishded well up the field. that said great entertainment by all races.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2250584)   #3
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We had 36 spinners by lunch at Druids and the best by far was the Salmon Pink Caterham No2 who didnt seem to be going fast enough to spin on the last lap in the dry! Deserved the round of applause we gave him!
Old 14 Jul 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2250685)   #4
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was some of the closest racing I've seen for a long time. I was disappointed we didn't have the last two races shown on the original timetable. Still, it was nice to finish early for once.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2250767)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
It was some of the closest racing I've seen for a long time.
Almost too much of a good thing - I commented mid-afternoon that what we needed was a nice little XR race to calm things down!
Old 14 Jul 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2250839)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some very good racing and a quiet day at Cascades.
There was the usual mudguard graveyard from the clatterhams and some "How Did They Get Away With That" moments towards Lakeside!

I was amused at the lady on the Race Phones.........she was very polite! I called in a S&C and she noted it down....then said "Thankyou For Your Call!"

Also well done to the Clerks who gave prompt feedback to reports.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2250844)   #7
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And up at Shell we had everything but oil dressing to do.

We had the 6 Caterham A all parked in and around the gravel trap as they all came in too hot or for other reasons. That was a sight as they all sat on the tyres in a line, each time welcoming there fellow racers to the bank.

And full credit to them, they did as everbody asked and things were sorted very clearly and quickly. So, thanks guys.

A few loved it so much they came back in their next session.

All in all, we had some great and entertaining racing.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2251068)   #8
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
I was amused at the lady on the Race Phones.........she was very polite! I called in a S&C and she noted it down....then said "Thankyou For Your Call!"
Bet you didn't get thanked for turning up TWICE like i did at Cadwell tho
Old 15 Jul 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2251072)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
That was Heather. Very polite - not that the usual incumbents are anything but polite!

Quote:
Also well done to the Clerks who gave prompt feedback to reports.
I'll second that.