Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Aug 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2262381)   #1
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Ch 7......Slack coverage!

What sort of coverage is this? I mostly missed R2 because it started at 11.30! Then I figure I'll hang on for R3 and the bloddy AFL comes on! No more racing until 1600 hrs. Bring back Ch 10!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 03:39 (Ref:2262384)   #2
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For once in Darwin we have got it better than you guys. On now up here.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 03:54 (Ref:2262389)   #3
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You only had to check your guide "blue" to know that thats what they were doing, but yeah its crap.
Cant help but think that Crompton would be thinking "who are these idiots that i have to work with".
Why do the other 2 nobodys have to try and be bloody comedians all the time.
"Larko" added something because he has "been there, done that" unlike the other 2.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2262402)   #4
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto
You only had to check your guide "blue" to know that thats what they were doing, but yeah its crap.
Cant help but think that Crompton would be thinking "who are these idiots that i have to work with".
Why do the other 2 nobodys have to try and be bloody comedians all the time.
"Larko" added something because he has "been there, done that" unlike the other 2.
My weelkly guide comes in the Sunday paper that hadn't yet been delivered when I went out.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 04:49 (Ref:2262406)   #5
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit, Beretta, appart form the odd mistake, has been as good, if not better to listen to than White. He seems to have taken the mosre serious role and ran with it. His tone at least is less annoying!

What I find annoying is.... the same game is LIVE now on Fox Sports 1!!! At least the NRL/9 have it sorted as far as live presentation comes of their games.... What a joke! Why couldn't 7 put another game on later, or talk to Fox about changing schedules. A waste of free to air time in my opinion.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 05:04 (Ref:2262409)   #6
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually think this is a great way to do it.... stick a Saint Kilda game on in between the two races We never get V8's live in Adelaide anyway, and this way, I will get both races and the footy on one blank disc
Old 3 Aug 2008, 05:05 (Ref:2262410)   #7
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All you had to do was look at the TV schedule at the V8 site, or go to www.tvguide.com.au, the split coverage was even mentioned in eNews. Plenty of locations to check for the coverage times. The split coverage was in Brisbane, Sydney, and Adelaide.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 05:10 (Ref:2262412)   #8
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well down here in Tassie we had to wait till 11.30 last night for day 1 coverage ( thanks to big pond I saw most of it sorta live)

And today we got all the telacast from 12.00 am till 3.00

have to say I enjoyed having Larko and then Skafie in the comentary box, I am sure Skaife would get a job there when he retires and the good thing we didnt have to put with Mathew White!!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 05:58 (Ref:2262423)   #9
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group'C'
Well down here in Tassie we had to wait till 11.30 last night for day 1 coverage ( thanks to big pond I saw most of it sorta live)

And today we got all the telacast from 12.00 am till 3.00

have to say I enjoyed having Larko and then Skafie in the comentary box, I am sure Skaife would get a job there when he retires and the good thing we didnt have to put with Mathew White!!
Good old Southern Cross Group C. They are our local Darwin station so Saturday is always late night here as well. Sundays can vary depending on the footy, but I actually enjoy giving it to the big smoke when we get the coverage first.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2262461)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FFS can't please everyone, they have it how they normally have it and everyone has an absolute cry that R1 is delayed and they rush to finish the 3rd race so they can get off to the gAFL.

IMO i much prefer this format and it should be intrduced at all rounds, you get all 3 races live or there abouts and they don't worry about ****ing off to the poof FL, good work Ch7 keep it up.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2262473)   #11
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbo6
All you had to do was look at the TV schedule at the V8 site, or go to www.tvguide.com.au, the split coverage was even mentioned in eNews. Plenty of locations to check for the coverage times. The split coverage was in Brisbane, Sydney, and Adelaide.
Give me a break!......I coulda done this or I coulda done that!......I know what I coulda done!......they've never split a round like this before!

What about the thousands that can't stand AFL? I've always hated it and I hate even more now!......bloody "jerk off" game!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2262477)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i had no issue. seemed pretty good to me, but then again and read and listen
Old 3 Aug 2008, 10:03 (Ref:2262491)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
Give me a break!......I coulda done this or I coulda done that!......I know what I coulda done!......they've never split a round like this before!

What about the thousands that can't stand AFL? I've always hated it and I hate even more now!......bloody "jerk off" game!
can't stand gAFL is a **** poor excuse IMO, i hate the thing with a passion, you must have a pretty boring life if you can't find something else to do for 3 hours and there is other channels on TV. take the good with the bad, i think seeing races live and letting them run their coarse without worrying about time is better then watching 1 delayed and one where everyone is looking at there watch to get it over with, but everyone to their own.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2262496)   #14
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
can't stand gAFL is a **** poor excuse IMO, i hate the thing with a passion, you must have a pretty boring life if you can't find something else to do for 3 hours and there is other channels on TV. take the good with the bad, i think seeing races live and letting them run their coarse without worrying about time is better then watching 1 delayed and one where everyone is looking at there watch to get it over with, but everyone to their own.
Hehehe......gotcha!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2262518)   #15
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the truth comes out ... just a blue !!

Quote:
My weelkly guide comes in the Sunday paper that hadn't yet been delivered when I went out.
So blame your paper boy, maybe even lift your game !!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 11:17 (Ref:2262526)   #16
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
While it wouldn't bother me a great deal, we got it straight through in Darwin, and I guess it wouldn't matter to diehards who would watch it no matter what they do. I do wonder what it does for the "casual" or "new" viewer that V8SA is trying to attract to the sport. I am not sure that they will return to watch it if you turn them off mid afternoon.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2262534)   #17
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
So blame your paper boy, maybe even lift your game !!
Got another one
Old 3 Aug 2008, 14:38 (Ref:2262626)   #18
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't that much different than the normal Sunday coverage but instead of a boring support category race in the middle the was a boring game of gAFL.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 22:27 (Ref:2262898)   #19
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One benefit was that I knew by looking at the TV guide exactly when 7 would show the races, so I wouldn't have to estimate their delayed telecasts.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 22:45 (Ref:2262909)   #20
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They get told to foxtrot oscar by the tens of thousands that love it.

There can't really be a lot of sympathy I'm afraid. There was plenty of notification, not least of which was at the end of the race 1 telecast so I'm not really sure you have any case really.

Could be worse you know, Rugby League has had to regularly change its rules and schedules - heck eve the Grand Final, because Channel 9 have them in a position where basically RL is 9's *****.

Last edited by Falcadore; 3 Aug 2008 at 22:48.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2263108)   #21
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can understand why they do it in Victoria & some other states but it's just annoying we have to put up with it in NSW. I still think proper one race weekends would be a better option especially for tv.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2263141)   #22
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since when has watching sport become so definet. Once the sporting bodies sold there souls, we the punter were excluded. Could be worse, take Gridon, a simple game played over three hours to suit the networks.

Just think, 30 lap event- stop at 15 laps for the angels to appear , the boys doing a full XXXX add, a Ford promo a Holden Promo a V8SCA's promo, then after 30 mins back to the last 15 laps.

riviting, now wouldn't that be better, than a boring 25 lap race, followed by a footy game?
think about it
Old 4 Aug 2008, 15:11 (Ref:2263271)   #23
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until we see 800 000 001 reasons as to why Channel 7 should show V8's on a Sunday when they clash with the footy, please stop complaining.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 01:34 (Ref:2263532)   #24
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
Since when has watching sport become so definet. Once the sporting bodies sold there souls, we the punter were excluded. Could be worse, take Gridon, a simple game played over three hours to suit the networks.

Just think, 30 lap event- stop at 15 laps for the angels to appear , the boys doing a full XXXX add, a Ford promo a Holden Promo a V8SCA's promo, then after 30 mins back to the last 15 laps.

riviting, now wouldn't that be better, than a boring 25 lap race, followed by a footy game?
think about it
I think your analogy is incorrect. For the football, they get a half-time show. We didn't get a half-time show (support races), we got some other sport.

Imagine if football fans were forced to watch 3 hours of Golf as their half-time show. That's the comparison to make.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2263605)   #25
carma
Racer

Australia
sunny gold coast. oh yeah!!!!!!
carma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
go back to ten . love my footy but dont interupt the v8s for it