Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Sep 2008, 12:34 (Ref:2280045)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oulton 750 mc

anyone got any spare tickets for this one and who is it i will need to msg to get on the list?
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2280073)   #2
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete Harding is Chief Marshal for 750MC and is regularly on here.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2280138)   #3
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got a spare Andy. Will you need it before the event or can I leave it on the gate?
Old 2 Sep 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2280262)   #4
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm up there. Not racing but helping with stock hatch 124.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2280288)   #5
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You not at Anglesey mate?
I've got a spare too if you need it. Same thing as C9, I can leave on the gate. Well I normally do if I've not needed any of my guest ones.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2280338)   #6
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Money issues dictate where I can go these days! So I'll see you there!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2280351)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Money issues dictate where I can go these days! So I'll see you there!
That's the same with me too Justin.
Apart from a weekend at Anglesey, a day at Mallory, Silverstone & Donny....it's been OP only for me this season.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2280366)   #8
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Did lots of Donny and Anglesey at the start of the season, had to bin LMS and an Anglesey due to lack of funds but still I'm being assessed again this weekend (strange, I seem to do that at 750 meets!) so thats something to look forward to. Apart from a certain levitating puppet racing!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2280368)   #9
peteh
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
peteh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be missing this one, going to Anglesey. £15 a day for marshalling and possible raffle winnings as well for both days, well worth going.

Last edited by peteh; 2 Sep 2008 at 20:26.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2280383)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm being assessed again this weekend
You were only assessed in March of this year!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2280385)   #11
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Done loads since then Mark! Nadine seems to think Im ready! Still if I dont get it I'll know what to brush up on!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2280401)   #12
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Sorry to slightly hi-jack the thread - (and the following is no way personal Justin...honestly!)
I've made my thoughts very clear to my regional committee about the new grading scheme and the fact that marshals could be assessed twice in the same season. Is this really giving us quality marshals?
Some marshals, albeit a very small number will be the exception to this and my fear is that we will have inexperienced "Experienced Marshals" trackside.
I feel quite strong about this and as such (As discussed with a committee member) am considering throwing my "X" back so that I won't be able to carry out assessments any more.
The grading scheme is flawed....there was nothing wrong IMHO, with the pre-2008 scheme.

Sorry about that.......back to the topic.......

I'll be there on Saturday.......looking forward to 38 Golf GTi's in the wet!!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2280448)   #13
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Sorry to slightly hi-jack the thread - (and the following is no way personal Justin...honestly!)
I've made my thoughts very clear to my regional committee about the new grading scheme and the fact that marshals could be assessed twice in the same season. Is this really giving us quality marshals?
Some marshals, albeit a very small number will be the exception to this and my fear is that we will have inexperienced "Experienced Marshals" trackside.
I feel quite strong about this and as such (As discussed with a committee member) am considering throwing my "X" back so that I won't be able to carry out assessments any more.
The grading scheme is flawed....there was nothing wrong IMHO, with the pre-2008 scheme.

Sorry about that.......back to the topic.......

Mark. The failsafe with the new system is surely the assessment itself. If all XOs (or is it XPCs these days?) get tougher on assessments, then no matter how many times a 'less than proficient' candidate gets assessed, he or she will fail and have to try again. And again. And again.
I appreciate this places greater strain on XOs because it can't be fun telling someone they haven't, quite literally, made the grade, but don't you feel that this is an opportunity for good XOs like yourself to actually improve the quality of grades simply by saying no when you feel the candidate is not up to par? Just a thought.
Sorry this is off topic.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2280479)   #14
cpria7
Rookie

cpria7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which circuit formation is being used on saturday?
Old 2 Sep 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2280488)   #15
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cpria7 - we are on the full International.

Gravel-monkey - Just about time for me to send you tickets etc. I tried looking for address in the telephone directory under monkey and gravel but no entry.

I have this urge to look under W not not absolutely sure. PM or post here and I will send stuff.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2280613)   #16
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
Gravel-monkey - Just about time for me to send you tickets etc. I tried looking for address in the telephone directory under monkey and gravel but no entry.
funniest post this year!
Old 3 Sep 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2280745)   #17
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GM, how come you're on the list for anglesey?
Old 3 Sep 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2280824)   #18
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Bring your wellies folks! Forecast to be another wet and windy one (That's just from Gravel Monkey!)
Old 4 Sep 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2281494)   #19
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Done loads since then Mark! Nadine seems to think Im ready! Still if I dont get it I'll know what to brush up on!
Hey - don't drag me into this I never said that - I just said I can arrange an assessment.

However, if you do not have the requisite number of days and training days then you can't do the assessment!!!!

Last edited by Nadine J Lewis; 4 Sep 2008 at 10:26.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2281595)   #20
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
I do have the required number so no problem there. I attended two different days at Oulton, one for trainee flaggies and the other as incident handling. This is I assume sufficient?

If this is not acceptable then I wont do the assesment and will continue to accrue signatures until next year when I will have more training signatures.

I feel slightly off key about all this as Mark has stated the comments were not aimed at me and I had no intention of involving any one directly, my appologies to you Nadine if my comment was unjustified.

If any one else feels I have not done enough time then so be it. I have done more than is the minimum requested by the new BMMC grading scheme and as such feel I am ready to take the next step. IF I am sucessful and attain the grade I will take that as a sign to learn more about the next role of I/o and will probably take at least three or more years to learn that role before I decide or not to go for that grade.

I hope I have answered any questions any one may have had in regards to my request for an upgrade assesment at this time.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2281689)   #21
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
You have to lose the hat, Justin when you next upgrade!!
Old 4 Sep 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2281774)   #22
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Why? Its my trademark Mark!

Not jealous are you?
Old 4 Sep 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2281944)   #23
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you - but there'll only be about 31 of us...
Old 4 Sep 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2281952)   #24
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Not going then!!
Old 4 Sep 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2281961)   #25
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not going then!!
I'll be there - wouldn't miss this one!!