Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Oct 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2316525)   #1
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglia F.I.A.Spec

Does anyone know what spec the Ford Anglia 1000 and 1200 ran for F.I.A. regs? Especially the carburation. Hope this post is in the right plase, really didn't know where else to put it! Thanks.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 09:55 (Ref:2316530)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Celia - zef is the oracle on these. My advice to you is to give it a swerve - sadly in FIA spec you cannot make them even vaguely competitive which is a great shame as I would be up for one if they were.... Rupert Whyte (who is a good peddler in a Lotus Eleven) had one at Spa in the U2TC race and managed a 3.40... this was a car that had had a large amount of money spent on it - it looked and sounded great but was slow....
Old 20 Oct 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2316540)   #3
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Simon, I'll contact Zef, haven't decided anything yet but who knows !
Old 20 Oct 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2316565)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
He is right Celia, big shame they never slotted the 1500 engine in years ago as the three bearing 1200 unit with piddly carb is not going to cut it. Years ago a mate did have a brand new one from an aftermarket company associated with Ford (I think, may have been Uren) badged a 1500GT but I doubt it was ever sanctioned.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2316574)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I concur with the foregoing, Drabble & Weyman (automobile purveyors to the stars) comments.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2316582)   #6
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John and Mike Young - Superspeed in Ilford I seem to remember.
I think that they did 1650 Anglias too.

Wasn't the 1500GTS a Cortina rather than Anglia? Definitely a Superspeed car though.

Saw a nice Uren Savage Estate at Goodwood on Saturday.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2316615)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not forgetting Allard and thier Allardette version.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2316682)   #8
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Allardette is homologated in both 997 and 1340 versions, out of interest.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2316746)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Quote:
the 1963 Liege was entered in an Alardette, which had a Shorrock supercharger, for which Sydney was world distributor.
http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/ac...003/tfisk.html

Supercharged?
Old 20 Oct 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2316760)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought that the 1340 with a crank in it,bored 1.2mm would have been pretty handy with a pair of webbers,they must have been homologated.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2318100)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ALlardette is also homologated blown

a bored 1340 Willment ( 1430 ) anglia was quite a tool in the summer of '62 !

Celia has all the papers now

and I've got just the car !
Old 22 Oct 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2318102)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
in addition . . . 3:29 is a good FiA Anglia time at Spa, 3 different ones have done it in the last few years, if only there where a few more they'd all get a decent race.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2318103)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe - why has it taken you this long to comment??!!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2318116)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
What class would that fit into Zef?
Old 22 Oct 2008, 09:12 (Ref:2318128)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have papers for the 1200 Anglia if anyone wants a copy.

I have a feeling the Allardette was homologated as a GT car rather than as a saloon. Can anyone confirm.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 09:27 (Ref:2318137)   #16
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ken Clark would know as he sorted Kevin Templeman out many years ago to run his Anglia as an Allardette in CTCRC pre 65.

Hi Celia!!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2318206)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
What, old grumpy?

Celia, his details are here: http://www.historictouringcars.org/
Old 22 Oct 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2318246)   #18
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw pics somewhere recently of an Anglia "breadvan" with kamm tail etc from New Zealand. I don't remember where - perhaps History section?
Old 22 Oct 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2318259)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, 'twas here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107169
Old 22 Oct 2008, 12:28 (Ref:2318274)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey look at the aerodynamics on that thing, they must have copied the idea from my first race car
Old 22 Oct 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2318298)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
1200 super is the way forward

the Doc Merefield Anglia would be a clubbie. or 'invitation' twas not homologated, and upset a few Jags in period.

and SImon . . .some of us are still working for a living
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2318376)   #22
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
and SImon . . .some of us are still working for a living
Remember, he is a banker, and he is not......!!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2318379)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

that would be funny if it was not so true!!!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2318584)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I've been asked about FIA Angleboxes for years, and basically power to weight wise (legal ) they just aren't quick enough compared with say a Mini.
The Shipman Anglia that was built at great expense (telephone numbers talked about) was very fast but I don't think it was an FIA car as it had the wrong engine in it. I did look into building one for Continental events a few years back but as in the above I decided I was on a hiding to nothing.
My problem is that I want to be in with a chance and don't just want to make up the numbers so that's why I keep pedaling my old Hot Rod.
Although my car is pretty quick a similarly tuned and well driven Mini can still beat me so it restores the status quo .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Oct 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2318603)   #25
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Hi everyone and thank-you for all your help and comments! Especialy Zef who has indeed sent us all the paperwork. We have decided to go with the 1200 Anglia, even if it isn't as quick as some it will do me to have a go with the CTCRC and accompany our other new car abroad. I see Ken at Mallory when I am working so will have a chat, also I am membership sec for the CTCRC so already know him anyway!
Hi Colin, hope you're O.K.