Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 24 Nov 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2340783)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Luger Raceway

I've been quiet for a while partly my change of employment and partly because I've been working on Luger.

But now I'm ready to unveil it to the masses.

Luger Short (Club) is 3.044 Km (1.9 miles) Anticlockwise. Consisting of 10 Turns or bends. 6 Left and 4 right handed. Overtaking likely at T1, 3 and 7.

Luger Mid (International) is 5.144km (3.21 miles) Anticlockwise. Consisting of 10 Turns or Bends. 6 Left and 4 right handed. Overtaking likely at T1, 4, 7 and 9

Luger Long (Grand Prix) is 5.826km (3.64 miles) Anticlockwise. Consisting of 14 Turns or Bends. 8 Left and 6 right handed. Overtaking likely at T1, 4, 6 and 11.

The three variations operate from a single pit complex on the 850m front straight.
Other key numbers include...
T6 - T7 is 425m.
T3 - T4 (T3 - T4) is 1.13km
T5 - T6 is 535m
T4 - T6 is 950m
Attached Thumbnails
Kilo Short.jpg   Kilo Mid.jpg   Kilo Long.jpg  

Old 24 Nov 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2340788)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Luger Raceway Continued.

In producing the full graphics version I've decided to do something that I hate, and actually partly contributes to the delay in posting. Namely I've included Tarmac run-off areas.

Given this is something I don't normally do, there is I'm sure mistakes or errors where I haven't got the merge back to grass or gravel correct so please feel free to point those out and offer corrections for my future reference.
There is 3 metres of Grass between the track and tarmac run off. The tarmac run-off is a minimum of 10m before reaching gravel.

Access to the paddock is via the road tunnel shown, and there is a spectator foot bridge allowing access to the infield above the paddock. The perimeter grandstands at T1 and T3 offer viewing of the infield sections in those areas.
Attached Thumbnails
Kilo features.jpg   Kilo Angle 1.jpg   Kilo Angle 2.jpg  

Kilo Angle 3.jpg   Kilo Angle 4.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2341088)   #3
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small Layout - good, nicely placed, even flow. WEll done

Middle layout - Reminds me somewhat of what the A1 ring. That isn't a criticism, just an observation. I like it, due to the run between 3 and 7 being so simple.

I can see good and bad bits with this one. I like the run from 1 to 4, and from 9 to the end of the circuit, but I just can't help but feel that 6 and 7 are too busy. However, knowing flow of gradient could help justify making that section perfect.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 06:51 (Ref:2341212)   #4
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoa-hoa!! Hold up!! That's just sooooo good. Very fast. Kudos

BTW, I have a new job too at a supermarket kinda too far away from my house. Keeps me off the streets...well....not that I was on the streets to start with because I was being a home boy! That's why I haven't been on here for a week or so. Unfortunately for me, my visits are going to be less frequent from now on.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 23:45 (Ref:2341800)   #5
atomik99
Rookie

Canada
Canada
atomik99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simply awesome. I love the overall layout of the mid, but love the variety of turns in the long. I also like the idea of having a larger tarmac runoff area before the gravel. I will have to steal that idea on my next track
Old 2 Dec 2008, 01:14 (Ref:2345342)   #6
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But if you add tarmac run-off racers will go even wider,using the run-off as the racing line,won't they?
Old 2 Dec 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2345620)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed
But if you add tarmac run-off racers will go even wider,using the run-off as the racing line,won't they?
That's one of the reasons I don't like it and don't normally include it in my designs
Old 4 Jan 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2365081)   #8
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great design. A question: can you modify the layout to allow more than one track to operate simultaneously. This adds to the operational benefits at the circuit in question.

BTW, are you a pro track designer?
Old 4 Jan 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2365209)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
To answer your second question first, No I'm not a professional track designer.

I tend to design tracks around a single pit complex with multiple layouts off that. I have done a few designs in the past that could more easily split into a short race track and also a race school track.

With this one, the nature of both the GP and shortest circuits using the same sections and the middle version crossing the GP/Short track, would make it very difficult to easily convert to a two track operation.

I do have a little something on the back burner but my time is quite limited at the moment and the number of designs I'll bring to the forum will be fewer than 2008.