Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 May 2000, 08:05 (Ref:7312)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was announced today that there will not be anymore racing at the Calder Thunderdome here in Australia. It's a great shame as there are 100's of speedway cars in the country....if only the Yanks came over more often, then the class may have been a goer...

Also they will be scaling down road course activities and focusing on drags...
Old 12 May 2000, 02:21 (Ref:7313)   #2
MR_MRee
Rookie

MR_MRee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think any of the NASCAR Australia guys might make a go in the US.Kim Jane is one that comes to mind.I know there are some talented drivers there who might stand a good chance,with a little seat time in a US touring series,to work their way into the big leagues.

NASCAR preaches their plan to take the sport global one would think they would have tried to help keep the sport alive in Australia.
Old 12 May 2000, 14:28 (Ref:7314)   #3
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be wonderful to bring a little international flavor to NASCAR. But for some reason I just don't see it happening. Just off the top of my head I cannot think of anybody from outside the US being in NASCAR. Can anybody think of anyone, besides Mario? I am sure there has been.
Old 12 May 2000, 22:29 (Ref:7315)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know in a recent thread a lot of you folk were against international expansion (i don't know why), but all i can say is look what it has done to Cart.

Apparetnly it may not be completely dead yet. Another organisation might take over the running of the classes. It is just Calder Park management which has pulled the plug.

I'm certain if it were promoted well did a proper national thing the classes would be very popular, but this is a real kick in the pants they didn't need...