Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 13 Mar 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2415239)   #1
HelgatheMk2
Rookie

United Kingdom
East London
HelgatheMk2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stage Rally at Lydden Hill????

Now that Pat Doran is running Lydden Hill do you think he would be up for letting a club run a stage rally there like they did a few years ago??

Think it must have been 97 or 98 maybe even longer ago, it was an excellent event and all the drivers really enjoyed it!

Was a mix of the Race Circuit, Rallycross Circuit and the car park and some of the perimeter road!

I would love to do this event as i only watched last time as my dad was out competing because i wasnt old enough!
Old 14 Mar 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2415435)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds grand to me! And Lydden would also be the place to bring Rallysprints Ã* la Donington Park (in the 1970s and 1980s) back into life…
Why not with invited Rally and Rallycross stars, each using for one sprint his own car and for another sprint the car of his opponent…?
Possibly from mid November to mid December. The British RX GP at Brands Hatch was run in early December and easily attracted 20,000+ people.
Can one imagine Séb Loeb in Kenny Hansen’s C4 and vice versa, or Miko Hirvonen in Andréas Eriksson’s latest RX Fiesta, Eriksson in Hirvonen’s WRC Focus and vice versa…
Old 15 Mar 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2416164)   #3
:) RallyX
Racer

:) RallyX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelgatheMk2 View Post
Now that Pat Doran is running Lydden Hill do you think he would be up for letting a club run a stage rally there like they did a few years ago??

Think it must have been 97 or 98 maybe even longer ago, it was an excellent event and all the drivers really enjoyed it!

Was a mix of the Race Circuit, Rallycross Circuit and the car park and some of the perimeter road!

I would love to do this event as i only watched last time as my dad was out competing because i wasnt old enough!
This is something we are looking into.
We will keep you updated with any news.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2416494)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by :) RallyX View Post
Do it! You know you want to
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2416576)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This sounds brilliant! More rally events at Lydden can only be a good thing.

DO IT!
Old 16 Mar 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2416601)   #6
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, go for it!

Reckon you'd get a lot of support - its a great venue and the SE is not exactly awash with rallies these days.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2416804)   #7
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so a multi surface single venue rally?
sounds interesting
Old 16 Mar 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2416811)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
its a great venue and the SE is not exactly awash with rallies these days.
Spot on. Its not a massive venue, but I'd imagine theres more then enough ground there to put together a fantastic sprint stage...
Old 16 Mar 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2416882)   #9
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds great, but who would be organising it? And do they have a free date for something like this?
Old 17 Mar 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2417186)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Sounds great, but who would be organising it? And do they have a free date for something like this?
Thats quite a good point. Looking at the website there is definately a space in the middle of November, but that looks to be about it. Still, that would give them a few months to organise it, wouldn't it? Other then that I guess it would have to be early 2010 as, as far as I can see, the only event(s) pencilled in for then is the Winter Rallycross series.

Having given this a bit of thought last night theres a lot of potential routes they could take around the site; I really hope something comes of this now!
Old 17 Mar 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2417218)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well - there's the Lydden Hill Motor Club, they could organise it on their own or team up with the clubs that used to run the Rally Of Kent if they want to import some knowledge.

As for dates - it doesn't have to be this year and the traditional "off season" for circuit racing would be a good time to do it. That would also be quite good for Lydden I'd have thought - circuit racing + track days + rallycross during the racing season and then rallycross + rally + track days in the off season
Old 18 Mar 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2418637)   #12
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is right Bert, but still somebody has to bring the idea forward. They are not going to do something out of the blue.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2419106)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
That is right Bert, but still somebody has to bring the idea forward. They are not going to do something out of the blue.
I don't know Eddy - sounds like they're on the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by :) RallyX View Post
Old 19 Apr 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2444755)   #14
HelgatheMk2
Rookie

United Kingdom
East London
HelgatheMk2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found some pics of my Dad on the Rally at Lydden ill have to scan them and get em up, Pics of cars going the wrong way round the circuit and throught the car park and onto the circuit half way up hairy hill!!