Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 3 Jul 2001, 01:41 (Ref:112356)   #1
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need your feedback

If any resident Irish peeps or anyone that made the journey over to Mondello Park for the biggest event to date held by Mondello Park, the British Touring Car Championship would like to feed back to the circuit of what they thought of it, comparing to British circuits or a previous visit to Mondello before the modifications, please visit http://www.parcferme.com/Articles/438.html and email Fergus Brennan, with your thoughts or post them here.

Last edited by Lorna; 3 Jul 2001 at 01:43.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 20:17 (Ref:112627)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Just to start the ball rolling...
Toilets and catering were already mentioned in the article and will be worked on.
Proper toilets and shower block (and running water) in the camp site would be great.
Footbridge to the infield really needs to be wider as it got very crowded, or perhaps a second bridge, one in and one out.
Bigger banking for spectators would help.

On the plus side..
PA system was much better than most UK tracks.
Pit lane and paddock area was superb.
Pit garages and control tower need a few finishing touches but were equally impressive.

When are we going again?
Old 4 Jul 2001, 01:41 (Ref:112774)   #3
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess one good thing - was that they provided plenty of Guiness, well so all the rumours ive heard!! tell me
Old 5 Jul 2001, 23:35 (Ref:113575)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lurvly guiness! Yum! Miss it loads!

Agree with redshoes. Showers especially - no temperature control. Definitely proper toilets in the camping area. Do not like those chemical thingies. Nasty!

Great circuit, though and looking forward to going back (not just for the Guiness!). Very enjoyable weekend.
Old 6 Jul 2001, 05:38 (Ref:113629)   #5
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already emailed Fergus on a few pints - err points!!
The reply:-

Thanks for your favourable comments.

I'm not sure if I detect a hint of irony in your stand numbering comment. I was responsible for it, and my thinking was that A1 was the best seat in the house which is the top right as you look at the stand and I numbered it accordingly if it caused you any difficulty please let me know, if it did not cause you difficulty and you really were happy with it please let me know.

As an explanation of most of the problems at Mondello we are just extremely short staffed. Like most businesses in Ireland we are a victim of the Celtic Tiger and no one wants cleaning and other so called menial work. We are all very new at this as we have only had control of the circuit since October, so when we are hiring casual staff some things slip through the net such as cleaning the stand for the next day. Once pointed out to us we usually get things sorted out fairly quickly as all of our staff are good, and willing to do what ever it takes to get the job done.

Toilet blocks are on the schedule for building this winter

The bridge is a problem, but for a variety of reasons there is nothing we can do about it just yet.

We agree regarding the banking. It is on our list to do, but if you saw the list of last minute things added to the list of requirements by TOCA and the amount of time we were given to complete them you would be amazed we had the place as well sorted as we did.
Improved banking and additional debris fencing, which will give access to more of the circuit, are planned.

I dont understand the children in the pit lane problem. We have excellent security who were working in conjunction with the BTCC's normal security team. It was difficult for me to get into the pit lane at times. Many of the problems we had in the pit lane were being caused by the BTCC competitors themselves who were trying to push their boundaries at all times probably because they had heard that we were quite relaxed in Ireland, they soon found out that when it comes to safety we are no different to anywhere else.

Some interesting comments there!