Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2507127)   #1
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Betting / Tips

Hello all, Thought i would start a (nothing too serious) thread regarding motorsport betting and people's tips for the various race weekend and season.

I get quite a few free bets from Skybet, and this weekend they have given me £5. I have put this on Glock for a podium at 33/1. Probably won't happen, but might as well try and make some money on an outsider !

My tip for this weekend is Mike Conway in the IRL. Bet 365 are offering 250/1 on him winning ! Now i don't think he will win, but you never know he might sneak a podium. I've put a couple of quid on each way so if he's come through then you never know, might net me a few pounds.

Also Paul Tracy is 25/1 for the win.

I only have accounts with Sky and Bet365, but Bet 365 is far better for motorsport, they have markets on DTM, BTCC, Superleague, A1GP, F1, GP2, etc.

Anyway, hope this thread can continue and we can all win a few quid !

Last edited by JamesRamone; 24 Jul 2009 at 12:36. Reason: messed up wording

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 27 Jul 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2508860)   #2
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Well apart from Glock running 3rd for a while, that didn't really work out !

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 27 Jul 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2508883)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting post. SKY are utterly obssessed with betting, this is why speedway and many other sports are on SKY as they are often linked with betting.

I never bet anymore after this incident:

A mate of mine had one of thoe pay a tenner and get ten quids freed bets. He had a go and had four quid left. He said "have a bet on the Indy 500!"

I had a look and the odds were insane, 30 odd to 1 for guys like De Ferran and Kanaan and Andretti so I put on four for a win.

They finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th

Hence I will never bet again on any motorsport!!!
Old 27 Jul 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2509295)   #4
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Sky are obsessed yes, but they don't offer betting on the IRL for some reason.

Brilliant
Old 28 Jul 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2509840)   #5
Tim 27
Racer

England
March,Cambs
Tim 27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando/Nico At Ferrari? How Can I place A Bet?

Glad this thread has appeared. As someone who's betting experience goes as far as the Grand National every now and then, I am interested to know how I can put a bet on the following:
If Felipe Massa can no longer continue with his Grand Prix career, and the Raikkonen retirement rumours are to be believed, I wouldn't mind placing a small wager on Fernando partnering Nico at Ferrari next year.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2509871)   #6
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Hi Tim,

For that bet, It's most likely that no companies would offer a standard market for that event.

What you would have to do is e-mail any of the many betting companies and ask them what odds they will offer you for that prediction.

It may be that they say they cannot offer you any odds on the market. But they may also come back to you with some odds. They should then tell you how to go about placing the bet. (you would have to create an account, deposit some funds etc).

I once e-mailed bet365 to ask for the odds of Marcus Ericcson driving in an F1 race by 2011, but they said they could not offer me odds.

But for a football bet, i e-mailed them with a specific request and they gave me odds.

Give it a try and post an update as to if you get any response.

Skybet usually respond to e-mails / live chat fairly quickly, maybe give them a try.

Brilliant
Old 28 Jul 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2509882)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The best bet tip was Jake Humphreys on the Chris Moyles Radio 1 show on Friday morning last week - Lewis Hamilton for the GP if you have a spare fiver.

It was only 6/1 but that'd have been £30 in my back pocket, and I was on the verge of placing it!
Old 28 Jul 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2509894)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i use betfair, purely for the ability to bet against people! right at the start of lewis' f1 career i bet on him being on the podium, and won about £40 from quite a small bet
Old 29 Jul 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2510973)   #9
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmmm Schumacher to win in Valencia? What are the odds

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2511003)   #10
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
14/1 with bet 365

I've just put £10 on

Brilliant
Old 9 Aug 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2518366)   #11
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Tonights Tip - Irl at Mid Ohio. Paul Tracy 66/1 worth an each way shot. Also again Mike Conway could again be worth an outside each way shot, 200/1.

Brilliant
Old 16 Aug 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2522503)   #12
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The day after the first F1 test at Barcelona where the Brawns went quickest, i popped on Ladbrokes or something and saw Button's title odds of 100-1.

I didnt bet.

Old 16 Aug 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2522530)   #13
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
I'd like to know if many people got some money on Brawn before the odds plumeted

Brilliant